Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: AoA?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

I think the whole scheme should be scrapped so we can see who gives a crap about titles. Lol
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ninjaduck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but we don't really...help anymore. We are mostly party planners and community promoters to help others have a good time. I don't know of I'm allowed to say this, not sure why I'm not, but Airrie changed our guidelines a while ago. Ever since we weren't required to help.

And again, don't take this the wrong way. Yes, we are still role models, and yes, we should still help out on our free time. Which most of us love doing.
    Honestly, I see some AoA's talking trash in PvP and bullying the newbies. I'm not sure if that's the type of community you wanted to promote (well, a few AoAs).

@Urqui

I've been in the AoA too. It's changed now from what it used to be before. Now, the definition of AoA is something completely different, not to mention the image. Have you seen the application forums? Have you seen who gets in? It is whoever warms up to Airrie and the other community the most. The community self promoted itself with and without the AoA and it will continue to. Remember when there wasn't the AoA?

Want me to prove it to you? I actually have before when Pandar was head of the AoA. It's quite easy for people with the wrong intentions to worm their way into the AoA. The second generation of AoAs has shown that.

These positions give people the "god-complex". I'm speaking from personal experience. It goes to your head, changes why you do things and how you behave. I can show you some clear examples if I need to, quote by quote.

P.S: We've met 3 times.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy View Post
    Welcomers to new players? WTF LOL! So without you guys new players will not feel welcomed? puh-lease, spare me from the gloating Besides, I used to run a guild of 300+ people, not one was welcomed by an AoA, I, together with awesome officers and vets, welcomed them and showed them the ropes. Party planners? what is this some kind of high school soiree? The devs can make events on their own without you (how hard it is to send e-mails, post in forums, post in facebook/twitter? hahaha)...people hold events on their own without you (guild stuff)...so...you're just that guy in the middle looking for identity (of course, being dev's pet makes up for it)... ...Sorry to burst that bubble...

PS: Oh I agree OP, let's get this thread closed, before more AoA's come to the rescue LOL!
    Lol okay

@apollo True true. I'll pm you later about this because I gtg for now. But I only remember you from when I couldn't beat your glyph Mage at 56 pvp
    Last edited by Urqui; 11-07-2012 at 08:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    When did everything become a title? Seriously, I only know a few people in AoA that truly help for the sake of helping. Everyone else seems to be in it for the title.
    This is exactly why I didn't join AoA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaduck View Post
    I think the whole scheme should be scrapped so we can see who gives a crap about titles. Lol
    Sorry for the double post but I must address this statement.

They will never scrap this thing. If they do, then they'll start it again with a different name. The purpose of AoA is not to help people. It never was. The purpose is so that the developers can boast things that look good on paper. They can say things like, "We have given GoA awards to valued players. We have an AoA program to help new players. We have a friendly community which the devs interact with!" Etc. etc. It's all about StS looking good.

Edit- btw, this isn't necessarily a bad thing, but when you see AoA and think, "They aren't doing anything." This is why. They don't need to. For their purpose to be fulfilled, all they have to do is exist.
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 11-07-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    This is exactly why I didn't join AoA.
    Also why I PM'd Airrie to ignore my re-application.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

AoA was and is still an unnecessary program.

STS, Instead of developing this kind of unnecessary program, why not just develop a charity program? Not a one-time program but all year round charity program...people that's in that guild will think of ways to earn money and donate it to poor children? That's doable, I was in one guild in World of Warcraft where our guild leader would hold live streaming videos (you probably heard about this guy he's quite popular if you're a WoW player) and he somehow earned money from it (maybe from his sponsors etc. I dunno, I'm not familiar with that kind of business) the more people view it...he donated the money to poor African kids and he would literally (physically) go to the charity houses and make videos of how he gave money to them as proof that all our efforts are really going there. Now that's something remarkable, isn't it? Now compare that to this program...SMH...we did that as players without Blizzard, just a bunch of guys who got bored playing WoW one day and decided to make more out of it...imagine what this program could do with your backing...so much potential wasted...players and devs can collaborate on greater things than welcoming players and planning parties...
    Last edited by vampinoy; 11-07-2012 at 09:25 AM.

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #28
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 25thninja View Post
    Alright, dev/mod, close the thread please, this is getting outta hand
    Thread closed.
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com