Thread: Welcome to Atlantis, the "underwater" campaign!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Welcome to Atlantis, the "underwater" campaign!

I have a proposition to propose. That said, this comes with a story line, some lame concept art, and a little more in-depth descriptions.

It's been said before that an underwater campaign be made a part of the ever-expanding Pocket Legends. I'd like an underwater theme. I think it'd be nice to go from the hot depths (or well heights) of Blacksmoke Mountain to a nice, cool, island of Atlantis. I was thinking Mersine instead (combo of mermaid and siren, something simple and relative to content). Atlantis is just more of a temporary name to give you a clue of what this could be about. Don't know if Atlantis would even be a viable name.

Storyline:
    After completing our mission in Blacksmoke Mountain, defeating the infamous Red Dragon, it seems we now have a new task to save Alterra. We travel back to the Isle of Humania, then go deep into the sea. We will have to go through coral reefs and schools of territorial fish, possibly even some lethal jellyfish. It's no easy task, but we will do this to save our world from the ever-encroaching evil! When we encounter the Sirens Rock we learn that it is where all this aquatic evil stems from. The deadly and alluring Siren Aisling sits upon her throne, beware her sweet symphony!

It could be similar to Humania in the way that there is water all around us but I think there should be water below our feet so it fits more to the story line. Or maybe our story could be us traversing the outer edges of Mersine, to find the Sirens Rock and stop the evil Siren Aisling; so we'd have water on one side and sand everywhere else.

General Enemies:
    I was thinking fish for the general enemies. Since they're always in schools and you pretty much encounter them anywhere there's a large body of water. Now of course we'd need three types: tanks, healers, and damage dealers. They could be kept simple and just change up colors for each class, or they could be different aquatic creatures.

Bosses:
    For bosses I think there could be two options, at least. One is that each boss leading up to Aisling is a siren from her "coven" (I don't know what a group of sirens is) or her sisters or just friends. You get the idea that it could just be smaller level sirens until we hit Aisling, the main course of this meal.

Option two could be a Jellyfish, an Octopus, and a Seahorse/dragon. Now surely there could be more than this, maybe a shark or something but for now, I'll name three.
    - Jellyfish holds on to one of the attacking Alterrans with a tentacle and shoots electrical attacks through it. Maybe for a group attack it could grab every one for a second and sting us all. I know real life jellyfish don't use electricity but venom.
    - Seadragon could slither around, which I think would look better than just an immobile boss that stays put. But a Seahorse, for its grand attack, could give birth to some minions and they attack us while the seahorse regains health. Maybe as much as the minions take away?
    - Octopus could "walk" around and "latch on" to the character it's aggroed on. By "walk" I mean it would move as they do on the ocean floor. By "latch on" I mean it could walk over to the person and stand right on top of them, giving the illusion it's latched on.

Aisling's Attacks:
    I think something similar to the Panto attack would fit Aisling. She could sing and then her attack could happen. I think it should be like a warrior's beckon. She sings then pulls our helpless selves closer to her, damaging or killing all she lured. Possibly she could have a limit to who she pulls, so only those in her range are affected. This way it'd fit the lure of sirens. Her default/auto attack could be just a simple dark matter blast since I can't think of anything else in the PL attacks she could use. I tried to find a song or instrumental short that I liked for her Sirens call; this was the closest it got. The part where she goes "ooooh" but before she starts another verse, begins with "I". Obviously this music couldn't be used but I think a something similar, maybe an instrumental version, might be nice for her symphony.

Concept Art:
    I tried some concept art but it didn't really work since I can only draw on paper, not Photoshop. I don't currently have a drawing pad for PS or a working tablet to use either unfortunately. Instead, I searched and found some photos similar to what I have in mind. I was thinking this for the way Aisling would look sitting upon her stone. I think it'd be nice. I also like the idea of her having fins on her back. As for the tail, I found a Halloween costume so instead of changing up the "anatomy" of our "human" bosses, she could just be fitted with something similar to this.

After Words:
    Now I have never worked for a gaming company, much less tried something like this. I'm not experienced in the ways of MMO or RPG. Pocket Legends was/is my first of both types of games. Been playing for two years but still, I don't claim to have knowledge about this kind of thing. This was just my suggestion for a new campaign. I'm not saying I want it right now, or even this year. I won't say that we get another campaign any time soon. So, I know we just did Humania and it was all tropical and similar to this idea but if anything, maybe I just got your imagination flowing. Of course the underwater part could be more difficult than anyone might think but hey, I'm just putting this out there for consideration. I wish I could have some concept art to put up here but as I said, not really possible unless you'd want just plain ol' pencil and paper. Anyone reading this is welcome to add their own. I'm sure there's some really great computer artists here on the forums somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Love this idea...

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

It's okay noodle, yours was much better...

PL-lvl 76 Duper mage (main)
    AL- Hephaestus warrior (main), Duper Sorcerer

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Haha, nice storyline! I love this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superduper View Post
    It's okay noodle, yours was much better...
    Which idea haha?

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

What about parts that are underwater that you have to speed clear before drowning. You would hurry from air pocket to air pocket, and your life would go steadily down while in a water section when your air ran out. You would respawn in the previous pocket. After you beat the quests in the area you would get an item allowing for infinite breath. The persistence item would also grant inflate breathe.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default loved it

I love underwater!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This would be awesome. But I suggest that the story begins with an underwater earthquake that is trembling the world and you will have to go deep underwater to begin your adventure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

how about insert spongebob family..?

i mean some vanity...umm i dont know