Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: On Elsewhere-Hosted APKs...

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Commanderkeen:844647
    Will there be any consequences to the people who download the apk and play?

The admin I contacted (as stated above) said we wouldn't be banned for downloading and using the android apk from the one site I showed him. However, I don't know if there will be other types of consequences. He didn't mention any.

@BOD: I only reserved my main toon on AL atm. XD

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Saw an update for Al in Google Play when i was on the way to work this morning
    Last edited by HunterSLAYER; 11-08-2012 at 12:05 AM.
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Budapest IV.th district. HUNGARY, Europe.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Sadly, the sytem can not sort players, so it's a bad thing that some players who could join the game are playing the limited released game to get rich by abusing not so carefully made features. Like the allies were.
    I hope the new updated game will reduce the ammount of these players.
    Please! Players, who can play it right now. Would You take your attention on bugs and glitches?
    If everyone is in a rush to reach lvlcap and be the first on leaderboards, get millions and all the pinks, and noone takes care about bugs, then the game wilk never be cleared from issues, and the devs can never release a final perfect version to other players of the globe..
    Only thinking about yourselves is not the right way to play an MMO, that is available only for a restricted number of players and waiting for the final release!
    Don't get fooled by greed!
    The game is a game of a community that wants a perfect cool game to play, not a bugfull app that is full with maxcapped rich players who crying for the next lvlcap 'cause they've got nothing to do in the game for months!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Feke For This Useful Post:

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ephesius View Post
    Ha thanks pebbles looks like those guys that downloaded the apk is going to start back at level one, which means I'll be the only forumer thats capped. Living in Ontario is great hope they wipe the apk guys so all the names can be free
    Not possible. Lol how can one tell since they're all android devices its not like they can google an I.P. adress and say oh, from U.S.. Wiped especially since most have already spend money.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    Not possible. Lol how can one tell since they're all android devices its not like they can google an I.P. adress and say oh, from U.S.. Wiped especially since most have already spend money.

There's a "secret" method( sts uses to ban devices but that can also be easily bypassed though(won't tell you or i'll get an infraction :/)
    Last edited by HunterSLAYER; 11-08-2012 at 12:55 AM.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HunterSLAYER View Post
    There's a "secret" method( sts uses to ban devices but that can also be easily bypassed though(won't tell you or i'll get an infraction :/)
    Lol, so you ban a device means if i spent lets say $500+ on PL,SL and DL then go hey imma download this apk. Then get device ban til launch. Basically says hey cant play any STS games til this releases eventhough you helped fund the game with the money you've spent. No thats not how they roll obviously lol.

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    Lol, so you ban a device means if i spent lets say $500+ on PL,SL and DL then go hey imma download this apk. Then get device ban til launch. Basically says hey cant play any STS games til this releases eventhough you helped fund the game with the money you've spent. No thats not how they roll obviously lol.

Sts isn't really happy with the apk downloaders but i'm pretty sure a region block is coming right up if ppl still continue? idk really.
    Not everyone download apks you know(if you downloaded and installed the apk Google Play store wouldn't recognise it as you can see i can view as well as update the app without going through the hassle of downloading apks).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot-1351855708293.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	19758
    The play store is obviously the best way to keep up-to-date with the latest client releases.
    Ironically....my status bar is iphone style :P
    Last edited by HunterSLAYER; 11-08-2012 at 02:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Feke View Post
    Sadly, the sytem can not sort players, so it's a bad thing that some players who could join the game are playing the limited released game to get rich by abusing not so carefully made features. Like the allies were.
    I hope the new updated game will reduce the ammount of these players.
    Please! Players, who can play it right now. Would You take your attention on bugs and glitches?
    If everyone is in a rush to reach lvlcap and be the first on leaderboards, get millions and all the pinks, and noone takes care about bugs, then the game wilk never be cleared from issues, and the devs can never release a final perfect version to other players of the globe..
    Only thinking about yourselves is not the right way to play an MMO, that is available only for a restricted number of players and waiting for the final release!
    Don't get fooled by greed!
    The game is a game of a community that wants a perfect cool game to play, not a bugfull app that is full with maxcapped rich players who crying for the next lvlcap 'cause they've got nothing to do in the game for months!
    Completely agree. The idea of limited release is to assist the Devs fix bugs. If you want to fly up and get your name in lights on the leaderboard just cos you lvd up this is not going to help the Devs iron out the bugs. Having a high lv character with tons of gold so you can twink any low lv characters you create on release is not fair on those people who eagerly wait full release in other countries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Player, download it are not the Problem. But the Player, upload it.

Consequences:
    I can not imagine. Many players have invested real money to lv up and buy pets, elexiers, etc.
    Demotion for example from lv 16 to lv 1, i think not. Otherwise, require the player who it Maya concern 100% of their invested money ( platinum) back.
    It csnnot bei long, maybe One or two weeks. The game is as ready to deliver it. Skin it out at last, on the whole, it is far.
    I have also downloaded, the curiosity was just too big;-)

Sts, its fantastic. Did you really outdone itself once again. I just sit back now and wait.

Ps: im sorry but i have no regrets:-) it was fantastic :-)

For we propose to bring this discussion.
    Let the canadians and australians play.
    So sit back, relax.
    Who Do we have on the series, lets get right to the plaster;-)

Love greetings, see you in a couple of weeks in al

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    In my observation...

maybe giving an incentive to people who wait, will help tons....(No not waiting for the game is not an incentive) People want to be the first to farm, obtain items, level and purchase there guild. People who are first to play exploit gold benefits, items, guild names and leveling and new names not reserved. To scare off users of not downloading the "APK" there has to be a benefit associated to "Waiting". Having a polished game isn't good enough if people have a great head start on the points above.

A great incentive is a free founders set..one of each class. The level doesn't matter it what it symbolizes.

Waiting is the nature of the game, I understand this. but people who have much to lose wont wait.

p.s. love it the game rocks guys i hope for many more games from you guys.

A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HunterSLAYER View Post
    Sts isn't really happy with the apk downloaders but i'm pretty sure a region block is coming right up if ppl still continue? idk really.
    Not everyone download apks you know(if you downloaded and installed the apk Google Play store wouldn't recognise it as you can see i can view as well as update the app without going through the hassle of downloading apks).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot-1351855708293.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	19758
    The play store is obviously the best way to keep up-to-date with the latest client releases.
    Ironically....my status bar is iphone style :P
    lol Derp signal

StS should of stayed with the first beta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Consequences for playing the game (and buying platinums and stuff) just because your not in the right country? It's a joke, right? Right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Tbh I'm not worried about drops , leaderboards or cap . The only problem which I have is going to be the economy. There are going to be people with a lot of money ( I'm talking millions ) and I'm pretty sure some of you already do . What this Is going to do us cause inflation of items.( is there a auction house ?) Items which new players will not likely ever be able to purchase. If the money was made legitimately then it's no big deal. But from glitches like that it's pretty unfair . Just a heads up for something to look for.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kanozaki For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Shouldn't have been brought up in the first place ^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat View Post
    Consequences for playing the game (and buying platinums and stuff) just because your not in the right country? It's a joke, right? Right?
    STS can do what they please on how they wish to test . Tons of other companies host limited releases. If your unsatisfied then play one of their other games till full launch. SL, DL,PL or read a book or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kanozaki View Post
    STS can do what they please on how they wish to test . Tons of other companies host limited releases. If your unsatisfied then play one of their other games till full launch. SL, DL,PL or read a book or something.
    Chill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat View Post
    Chill
    Fo sizzle I'm so chill , when people see me they go " ice ice baby "

At least my post was more creative :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Just a bunch of kids... i mean KIDS crying about allies and changes being made ruin it for the rest... give support give feedback and quit crying or wait til full release... I believe the customers who used the back door entrance provided ALOT of help finding bugs and made good suggestions... that alone will make the full release the best it possibly can be!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Warbux View Post
    Just a bunch of kids... i mean KIDS crying about allies and changes being made ruin it for the rest... give support give feedback and quit crying or wait til full release... I believe the customers who used the back door entrance provided ALOT of help finding bugs and made good suggestions... that alone will make the full release the best it possibly can be!
    ^Dissss!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kanozaki:845288
    Some people would give the world to be a kid again FYI.
    Yep, this guy would.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep