Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Concerning PvP (not again!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Shebee View Post
    In the loot system however it's random who gets legendary loot and who not.
    Also who would be risking legendary loot anyway?
    And you didnt seem to get the point that in the point system everyone gets rewarded, now just the one that does a kill shot, everyone who is involved in the battle gets points, and when you die individually you could possibly get a small amount too.
    PvP shouldn't be that easy. If you completely suck you shouldn't be rewarded, because then where is the desire to get better? You would receive the loot during the fight, so you wouldn't be able to secure it. Your legendary item or whatever it may be would be for anyones taking. Legendary items would be harder to come by.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Demarrer View Post
    PvP shouldn't be that easy. If you completely suck you shouldn't be rewarded, because then where is the desire to get better? You would receive the loot during the fight, so you wouldn't be able to secure it. Your legendary item or whatever it may be would be for anyones taking. Legendary items would be harder to come by.
    Then I don't see why the loot system is better.
    It's just as "bad" as the points system, in the loot system it's completely random and very unlikely to get loot, and the point system might be a bit too grindy or easy.
    To be honest I don't think there is a real good working system, unless we would completely copy the spirit from UO, or copy arena ratings from wow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Then I don't see why the loot system is better.
    It's just as "bad" as the points system, in the loot system it's completely random and very unlikely to get loot, and the point system might be a bit too grindy or easy.
    To be honest I don't think there is a real good working system, unless we would completely copy the spirit from UO, or copy arena ratings from wow.
    It all depends on how the game progresses in the future, this really isn't possible until we know what is going to be in the game when PvP arrives.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Yeah, your completely right. There is no good reward system, so I suggest we EXCLUDE it. If you want loot, go kick some mob butt. If you want some awesome thrills, go stomp a hoe in PvP. Simple as that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    Yeah, your completely right. There is no good reward system, so I suggest we EXCLUDE it. If you want loot, go kick some mob butt. If you want some awesome thrills, go stomp a hoe in PvP. Simple as that.
    So, we came to the conclusion that we have to wait.
    That's also an option banned, but I definitely want some leader-boards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Definately with you on the leader-boards. That could be another incentive to PvP. And who doesn't like to have proof of being better then everyone else .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So, we came to the conclusion that we have to wait.
    That's also an option banned, but I definitely want some leader-boards.
    We do have to wait, I was just giving ideas.

Leader-boards are just ego boosters for people. I don't see a problem with them being implemented, but I think it would be lame if that was the only reward for PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

But why the hell would anyone buy anything other than the best? Everyone would buy the best stuff, so everyone would be the same.
    Better stuff would cost more points! and the best stuff would take like a year of pvping to get. And ifyou even read the actual thread, it says that players would unlock items to buy according to their pvp rank. And also several other reasons to list here too.
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Leader-boards are just ego boosters for people. I don't see a problem with them being implemented, but I think it would be lame if that was the only reward for PvP.
    Yeah whatever. As if having a large kill count wasn't an ego booster.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree, but reading over this whole discussion (it took me 3 hours) I concluded that either shebee is right, or both of you are right, so why not have all 4 ideas for pvp rewards? Leaderboards, point system, and looting system, and staking system. All of these could be put into the game.
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post

Quoted for the truth.

You'll never make a system that makes everyone happy. PVP is cruel and harsh and the losers will be unhappy.
    Of course, if I win, I'd be like OMG YEAH LETS HAVE CORPSE LOOTING AND HUMPING!
    But if I lose, OMG HE LOOTED ME! and did unmentionable things! omg this is unfair! Devs you suck!

Which is why alot of PVP games just go with the safer carebear system where you dont lose anything. Alot less number of unhappy people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Splurd View Post

Quoted for the truth.

You'll never make a system that makes everyone happy. PVP is cruel and harsh and the losers will be unhappy.
    But if I lose, OMG HE LOOTED ME! and did unmentionable things! omg this is unfair! Devs you suck!

Which is why alot of PVP games just go with the safer carebear system where you dont lose anything. Alot less number of unhappy people
    Yep, we should there should be a point system, leaderboards, and stake system. By the way anyone who has read all the replys to this thread like I have, is amazing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

its only a 100 post topic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

On all pvp topics it's more like a 300 or 400 post topic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't want the best gear in the game to be easy to get being the best should be a challenge which few actually do complete getting the best gear shouldn't be so easy. The point system allows u to just boost for the best gear. Also if u get the best gear by loot that's impressive but by points it seems to not be a big deal because everybody else will have it but the leaderboard is a great idea!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ya but with the point system it will take about a year to earn enough points to buy the best item, and then the devs could add more items. And it would take another year to get the best item. And so on and so on, this way everybody won't have the same items, because there would be new items coming out frequently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Splurd View Post

Quoted for the truth.

I don't really see the point why a point system is carebearish.
    The loot system would be just as carebearish as probably everyone would be running with empty inventories...

And there are systems that make everyone happy, one which (I hate to say this) would be WoW, I don't know about the current PvP systems of aoc or any other game in detail so I can't say, but wows pvp system which is a in depth designed point system rewards casual gamers with medium good loot, and the best pvp loot for only people who are skilled.
    They have combined arena ratings (for skill measuring) with the point system though. Which is why it works so good, bad players simply aren't rewarded with the best loot if they aren't skilled enough to get to high ratings in the arena.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't really see the point why a point system is carebearish.
    The loot system would be just as carebearish as probably everyone would be running with empty inventories...

And there are systems that make everyone happy, one which (I hate to say this) would be WoW, I don't know about the current PvP systems of aoc or any other game in detail so I can't say, but wows pvp system which is a in depth designed point system rewards casual gamers with medium good loot, and the best pvp loot for only people who are skilled.
    They have combined arena ratings (for skill measuring) with the point system though. Which is why it works so good, bad players simply aren't rewarded with the best loot if they aren't skilled enough to get to high ratings in the arena.
    Weren't you the one who asked ddarko to look up carebear? How in the world is a loot system carebearish? Like I said before, if you did a 5v5 arena type thing like the OP said, you could be rewarded items randomly throughout the battles. That would work kind of like how you get items now when fighting mobs, only you would be fighting people. THOSE items would then be lootable if you were killed in battle, but not the items you actually farmed for in non PvP areas. This makes it 100% fair for anyone to pick up and have a chance to get a good item, while still having the better people have better chances of winning and looting the enemies.

With the point system, it is flawed like I have said numerous times. Boosting is just way to simple in a point system. Remember this is a PHONE game, so the depth of the point system would not be as great as a game like WoW has. The point system has a vendor if I understand this right that you buy select items with using the points you have accumulated during your PvP experiences. So you are saying that A) Whoever plays more has more points, so thus has the better equipment. B) Everyone who is good will have the same gear, because they all have the most points. C) A new player, or bad player stands absolutely no chance against the more hardcore players because they won't have the items like the hardcore players have.

A point system rewards you for playing more, and making the game much more item based than skill based. A loot system gives everyone a chance to get an item, and adds depth to PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Has anyone thought of having a stake system instead of a loot system? And has anyone thought of actually trying out all the systems first to see which one is best?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamin View Post
    Has anyone thought of having a stake system instead of a loot system? And has anyone thought of actually trying out all the systems first to see which one is best?
    And how do you expect to do that? A pc mmo is very different from an iPhone mmo. Or do you intend to program all the looting systems yourself into a few modded versions of PL? Gl!