So basically I tweaked around a bit to find the most suitable low level gear - items not so hard to find, and that will be worth having equipt for a few xp grinds on specifically the first 8 campaigns. I also wanted to hit crit's (respectable DPS/attack) often, but I didn't want to be squishy (low health points) either - Here's what I came up with :
Weapon: Dusk Blades of Shielding (lvl 12 item) , Blood Gem: Saguine Shard of Offense (lvl 7 item) , Shadow Gem: Umbra Shard of Potency (lvl 11 item), Moon Gem: Lunar Shard of Shielding (lvl 12 item), and the Beast Gem: Beast Chip of Aggresion (lvl 10 item), Keep the Beast Chip of Aggresion equipped until lvl 13 then switch to Vicious Shard of Striking.

Here are the stats with Beast Chip of Aggression equipped: Attack: 60, defense: 71, Health: 447, Damage, 26, DPS, 41 - These totals would be at lvl 12. Then at lvl 13 when you switch to lvl 13 the Vicious Shard of Striking here are your new stats: Attack: 68, defense: 71, Health: 469, Damage 27, DPS, 42 (and this is before your lvl up bonuses) . Solo's really well. Enjoy.