Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Warning: Blessings nerf headed our way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

I have an idea

How about you nerf the plat totally from daily blessings and add plat to the drop table, this way people have to use the daily blessing pots they get to farm. End result being people need to come back for blessings but have to actually play the game for the chance at getting free plat.

Problem solved! No more free loaders... lol
    Last edited by TANKKAAR; 11-10-2012 at 11:03 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TANKKAAR For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

New vanaties would be nice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

I agree with Tank
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ninjaduck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Make 30 plat chance rarer, make 2500 gold rarer, add new vanity hats.
    rhinomagic[/B]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by onemadzhau View Post
    Aw this sux I just bought 800 plat and made 160 characters :/ what do I do now :/
    Before anymore ppl accuse me and call me out for "exploiting" I'm gonna let you guys know this post was meant as a joke sts knows the truth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

I think the idea of a 'blessing currency ' with random amounts mixed in with other vanities would help ease the situation. The blessing currency could then be used to purchase blessing rewards like combo or XP elixirs on any toon on the same account. Pretty useful for most of us and not quite so useful to those just trying to make platinum. Keep platinum for existing elixirs and vanities etc.

No longer of Eclipse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't think they should remove plat on 5th day blessing, just change it so that u can get platinum only on 10 characters or so, others would get elixir or vanity or gold but not plat
    PL: 74 super-tank xcruxcher
    SL: 47 xcrusherx
    BD : crusher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by onemadzhau View Post
    Before anymore ppl accuse me and call me out for "exploiting" I'm gonna let you guys know this post was meant as a joke sts knows the truth.
    You had me fooled! LOL! I was marveling at your ability to scroll the list. You know, every time you change characters it starts at the top of the list, so the first five or ten blessing, no prob, but after that it starts to become a workout for the thumb.

I had 28 toons when blessings started. Eight are mules (yes I have that much trash and they can only carry 500 each), and I have one for every twink level in increments of 5, then there's the ambassador toon who is retired, and the guardian toon for a largely inactive guild, and farming twink who are at low range levels (like 21) and the rest I play with xp unlocked. I'm not as big a fan of the difficult frequent death zones at high levels, so I run around in noob land with these alts. You gotta understand that I am still a DM in D&D and I just like having a whole slew of characters.

So I never intended to exploit, but the first time I only did my top three (one pure of each). But when I saw their rewards I realized I should be doing all of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    1) Don't know how to merch i.e. no gear
    2) PvE is boring as hell, and i'm not grinding through 50k xp to get to 75.
    3) Everything is plat based
    4) I'm really just tired of the game. Been at it too long. Time for AL and SL.
    Amen and amen. I just spent the little remnants of my gold on a death set for my bird. Thats the only character I play now for pvp...AL ftw!

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #50
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Thanks guys, some great ideas in this thread. We'll keep you posted, but rest assured that a balanced economy is much better in the long run.

Have a great weekend!

- g
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Im perfectly fine with even getting 5 platinum every five days....It's usually what I get lol....I haven't put much thought into this idea, but maybe make it so chances of getting 30 platinum go down if you collect two daily blessings in succession. Then, like in another persons suggestion, people with loads of characters would either have to wait a bit for maximum chances, which would take forever, or accept all of the daily blessings in succession and take the lowered chances. Casual players could just schedule the blessings a few minutes apart.

Edit: Maybe all we need is a plat cap for an account? I dunno....
    Last edited by Register; 11-10-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    Edit: Maybe all we need is a plat cap for an account? I dunno....
    That would kill their income.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    You had me fooled! LOL! I was marveling at your ability to scroll the list. You know, every time you change characters it starts at the top of the list, so the first five or ten blessing, no prob, but after that it starts to become a workout for the thumb.

I had 28 toons when blessings started. Eight are mules (yes I have that much trash and they can only carry 500 each), and I have one for every twink level in increments of 5, then there's the ambassador toon who is retired, and the guardian toon for a largely inactive guild, and farming twink who are at low range levels (like 21) and the rest I play with xp unlocked. I'm not as big a fan of the difficult frequent death zones at high levels, so I run around in noob land with these alts. You gotta understand that I am still a DM in D&D and I just like having a whole slew of characters.

So I never intended to exploit, but the first time I only did my top three (one pure of each). But when I saw their rewards I realized I should be doing all of them.
    Lol I know how it looked but I got 7 characters to keep track of, I couldn't imagine having to scroll through 30 characters let alone the idea of 160 that ppl actually believed I had. I was just irritated that a funny little comment would have a few("friends") would call me a "cheat" and or "exploiter".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

dev can put limitations of getting plat rewards per week or month in each accnt irrespective of numbers of alt. with this plat system or economy would not b exploited.
    lol i hav got 3 times 1plat nd 1 time 5plat. . bt i got 3 3x combo elix. m nt lcky to get 10 or 30 plats lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

You can take away our plat! You can take away our face shields! But when you take away our 3x... thats when yall cross the line!

Babybugszxx,Trust, Ebagovax, Pvpbugsz, Xxaeromagexx, Bugszmage, Xbabybugszx, Bestavian, Boombugsz, Swaggbearr

19. The Following User Says Thank You to xbabybugszx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

And also dev should put dwn d 30plats rewards coz it is given only in d special contest. max plat reward should b 10-15 plats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Default Warning: Blessings nerf headed our way

I got 2 plat TOTAL on ALL my characters. Is a nerf really necessary? Lmfao...
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytar View Post
    I got 2 plat TOTAL on ALL my characters. Is a nerf really necessary? Lmfao...
    Well...not for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think plat is not the only issue, gold rewards are an issue too. If you got 50 toons, then you're getting 50k+ per day at a minimum for doing nothing. I work my butt off as a Merch to make gold. I know others who farm to make gold. If folks are just getting lots of free gold, that hurts the economy. I think both plat and gold should either be eliminated from the daily blessings, or they should both become much more rare. The main reward should be elixirs. As we all know, the main reason plat rules in PL is because of the elixirs that can be purchased with it. When you play with elixirs, you can farm faster and you can get more pink drops because of the increased luck. So no need to give out the plat itself, just give the elixirs. Then it cannot be abused.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Here's one more voice for making elixirs the main reward. I'm not sure about the plat part, but enough ideas about how to limit it have been given. My personal feeling is that I actually hate day 5. I seem to get 1plat or 2500 gold all the time, which for a level capped player is equivalent to a slap in the face. I'd much rather have any elixir than an amount of money I could make in 10 mins or not enough plat to even do one respec. The vanity shields I could take or leave, but I'd much rather have a higher chance at a good elixir.

Day 5 would be an actual event I look forward to if it gave only "good" elixirs, or was a 3x all the time or something. I'd actually look forward to it more than today because I wouldn't miss the plat, vanities, etc. But that's just my own preference.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Fusionstrike For This Useful Post: