Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Warning: Blessings nerf headed our way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gibol1412 View Post
    Why "no plat users" have to suffer because some rich people want to blow system? First Tapjoy gone now that? I got 5 platinum now on my account. I'm not happy about that.
    The solution is to limit each account to a certain number of blessings per day. Really it should be just one, but maybe allow a few, but not too many or else people take advantage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gibol1412:848902
    Why "no plat users" have to suffer because some rich people want to blow system? First Tapjoy gone now that? I got 5 platinum now on my account. I'm not happy about that.
    It's not just "rich" people. I know plenty of non-rich people who have been investing their plat from blessings into more toons to get more plat from blessings. Something was bound to be done eventually.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

To make it as fair as possible for all players (large or small accounts), here's my suggestion- you get one blessing a day, with a reward every 5 days as normal. Once 'blessed' you can choose which alt you wish to use it on. Additionally, with the reduction in exploits on the system, the devs could award more exclusive prizes for the 5th day reward.

My only other comment would be to include potions into the prizes - or other things that are used. I agree with a lot of other people in the thread that the shields are a little excessive and yet not as rewarding as the combo, plat or gold rewards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patsoe View Post
    To make it as fair as possible for all players (large or small accounts), here's my suggestion- you get one blessing a day, with a reward every 5 days as normal. Once 'blessed' you can choose which alt you wish to use it on. Additionally, with the reduction in exploits on the system, the devs could award more exclusive prizes for the 5th day reward.
    Well it may be too late since the update happened today, but I would think they could just make one award per account. That is, you collect on time with any toon and you get that one thing. If it's plat, you get that one payout of plat. If gold, same thing. If elixir, it's same elixir on all toons. If vanity, you get one vanity. This way there's no competitive advantage to having lots of toons. And any kind of reward is still fine to give out because it won't ever be multiplied lots of times on accounts with hundreds of toons.

Beanipea

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionstrike View Post
    Well it may be too late since the update happened today, but I would think they could just make one award per account. That is, you collect on time with any toon and you get that one thing. If it's plat, you get that one payout of plat. If gold, same thing. If elixir, it's same elixir on all toons. If vanity, you get one vanity. This way there's no competitive advantage to having lots of toons. And any kind of reward is still fine to give out because it won't ever be multiplied lots of times on accounts with hundreds of toons.
    Hear, hear! I agree completely. Only one DB per account, and if it happens to be an elixir, all chars on that account will get same elixir. You can only play with one char at a time anyway.

Kinda assumed it was like this already, until I heard ppl getting multiple plat rewards on some of their toons. I couldn't be bothered though. Sounds kinda pathetic to me. Who the hell logs in around the same time on 50 or more accounts every freaking day? Almost sounds like work to me. Ugh...
    Last edited by Beanipea; 11-12-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Hear Hear. No platinum from blessing after update!
    <Polish Legends Facebook>
    PL: Gibol, Gibolek, Gibolmag, Gibolol, Gibololo, GibolRanger
    AL: Gibol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Urqui View Post
    Nerf accounts that have over a certain number of alts. Maybe 20-30?
    Who really needs that many alts anyways?
    Cough..cough..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGunX:847502
    dev can put limitations of getting plat rewards per week or month in each accnt irrespective of numbers of alt. with this plat system or economy would not b exploited.
    lol i hav got 3 times 1plat nd 1 time 5plat. . bt i got 3 3x combo elix. m nt lcky to get 10 or 30 plats lol
    Devs can do anything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 小孩子:851893
    Quote Originally Posted by Urqui View Post
    Nerf accounts that have over a certain number of alts. Maybe 20-30?
    Who really needs that many alts anyways?
    Cough..cough..
    Lmfao!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I got one .. exactly one.

Note: this would make more sense if I had included the quote from the post I was replying to .. just move along
    Last edited by jeazahi; 11-14-2012 at 10:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

pretty much, bro

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Default Warning: Blessings nerf headed our way

This tread should be closed lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Everyone suffers because of a select few.

This isn't the best way to remedy the situation and STS knows that. There are much more viable options that could be used here rather than a complete nerf. I can't be bothered to take any time to list them.

I guess they're tired of giving away potential profits, the gravy train is over! It was fun while it lasted even though I probably only got 50 plat over 5 toons since blessings were released. Oh well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzid View Post
    Everyone suffers because of a select few.
    I don't know about the "select" part, or the "few" part... Anyone who wanted to could convert any plat drops into more toons for the better chance of plat drops. On one of my alt accounts I did this and finally stopped at just 6 toons. I didn't see the point of proceeding further. But anyone could have done it. The only thing I was really doing that was different is, I had a schedule (my busride to work) and was able to collect my dailies and never let them lapse.

Anyway, this is not the final version of Blessings. That much is clear. There will be more changes, and plat might come back, but with some sort of limits.

Attempting to fly with my bird... i thought only penguins cant fly?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

personally i WANT the 1k gold back, for me this wont ruin the PL economy, but rather help it. there is TOO many over priced items in CS the are required to be able to play in certain campaigns. personally i hate playing Blacksmoke Mountain with my tiki set. i only have 4 mil and cant buy a newer set. with the 1k i was actually making more money with toons! actually making me want to play! not to mention the chance for a 3X HECK YES! This definitely revived PL in my heart.. few days later no more 3x ;( no more 1k ;( sad day i might stop playing again :/

150k+ to grind to 75 is INSANE for me, working and going to school my time has gone down, it was nice to come home get my elixir and grind with my 3X elixir, if non granted come back tomorrow! people of coarse will abuse the system though..

my suggestions-

-make a daily coin earning of 500-1,000 gold
    -on the 5th day no gold be granted unless its 2,500-10,000 (no elixir or vanity)
    -make a smaller chance for 3x everyday (but nevertheless A CHANCE!)
    -on the 5th day have the following;
    new vanity (i have at least 20+ shields)
    3x elixir for 24 hours
    2,500-10,000 gold
    1-10 (maybe 15) platinum grant
    2 inventory spaces (if your desperate)
    maybe simple vanity pets (dog, cat, bird)
    vanity ANYTHING! people wanna stand out and look stylish!
    5 stash spots
    1 CS spot
    50-250 XP points!
    (just an idea here) what if you made like a special inventory item that players would need to enter a new EXCLUSIVE dungeon, only players who have the item my enter a lobby/game. (sort of like the rainbow and aurora passes on pokemon)
    1 new toon spot
    single promo code for items on DL, SL, AL, for free items on there! also promoting to join other STS games.

just some random ideas. for me 3x chance and 1k per day was enough to make me want to play more! taking that away made me realize again its 150k XP to get to 75.. and when i get there a 7-9 mil dollar set waiting.. 3x made farming a little interesting making me actually capable of killing mobs faster!

-thanks for reading this LONG boring post itzyou
    Last edited by itzyou; 11-14-2012 at 10:04 PM. Reason: 150k for 75 not 50k :P
    ITS A BIRD! ITS A PLANE! ITS A MAGE! ITZYOU!!