Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AL Boss Compendium (Tips and strategies)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Stahl is up! Mother coming in really soon.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Update: Mother added

Upcoming: Becquila and the Troll then Bael

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

Awesome Work Bro!!! ;-)
    looking forward to the rest!
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Could you add a recommended solo level if that is even possible? I am on Thunk and I am level 9 sorc, he totally owns me. I can solo the others. A recommended solo level would be helpful so I know how much I need to grind. Done a few parties, far easier to do it solo. I die way more in parties.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkaia View Post
    Could you add a recommended solo level if that is even possible? I am on Thunk and I am level 9 sorc, he totally owns me. I can solo the others. A recommended solo level would be helpful so I know how much I need to grind. Done a few parties, far easier to do it solo. I die way more in parties.
    On warrior, I thump on him. On rogue, I shoot him and sometimes smoke bomb him. On sorcerer, I run around the fountain a lot and try to aim just at him. When he's dead, I run around until all those minions are dead. I've done One-Eye down to level 5 and 6, and he gets easier as you level up.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkaia:864212
    I'll add that to this in a later update. You should be in the appropriate level range for Thunk. Just hit him hard at first and then use the fountain for cover to heal and pick off minions. If it's giving you a lot of trouble, just pm me and I can teach you a few sorcerer tips in game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well if I am in the right level range at level 9 than I just need to work on my strategy some more. It is a bit hard to tell in this game how powerful enemies are relative to level, which I am guessing is because the game is more linear and not open world (at least not right now) and so it has a standard progression. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't trying to bite off more than I could chew and wasting my time dying when I should be leveling some more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkaia:864597
    Well if I am in the right level range at level 9 than I just need to work on my strategy some more. It is a bit hard to tell in this game how powerful enemies are relative to level, which I am guessing is because the game is more linear and not open world (at least not right now) and so it has a standard progression. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't trying to bite off more than I could chew and wasting my time dying when I should be leveling some more.
    If the level is too powerful, I'd just backtrack and finish some old quests. I do wish there are options for an open world, but AL seems to be stuck more on a single storyline. Perhaps if they added more routes and bipasses to different areas and locations. A big forest maze in the dark, exploring an ancient ruin, or getting attacked in the rolling fields of grass. I'm sure that time is coming. Just look at all that we got that we wanted: useful pets that actually attack, guilds, achievements, darker themes and atmosphere, strategic boss battles, et cetera.
    Anyways, Thanksgiving is over and I can now finish the Becquila and Troll boss battle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Good guide so far

Ghul is tough especially in elite mode. You don't need Ice Bolt to stop him from getting to the portal. I found that a pet with stun ability (flap jack), gale with knockback and fireball with knockdown works fine. First lure him across the train tracks while he shield is on to get him away from the portal (not too far as he can reset - I prefer the upper corner on the right). When he says he is getting tired and his shield falls, hit him with stun from your pet. While stunned hit him with gale which often blows him further away from the portal. Then follow with a charged fireball with knockdown. Usually able to get in another cycle of gale and fireball before pet is ready to stun again. Then keep repeating - stun, gale, fireball, gale, fireball, stun, etc. If you time it right you can keep him from the portal for a good period of time. Takes practice but needed for the elite mode. If your party has a lot of pets with the stun ability even better

10. The Following User Says Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy:867939
    Good guide so far

Ghul is tough especially in elite mode. You don't need Ice Bolt to stop him from getting to the portal. I found that a pet with stun ability (flap jack), gale with knockback and fireball with knockdown works fine. First lure him across the train tracks while he shield is on to get him away from the portal (not too far as he can reset - I prefer the upper corner on the right). When he says he is getting tired and his shield falls, hit him with stun from your pet. While stunned hit him with gale which often blows him further away from the portal. Then follow with a charged fireball with knockdown. Usually able to get in another cycle of gale and fireball before pet is ready to stun again. Then keep repeating - stun, gale, fireball, gale, fireball, stun, etc. If you time it right you can keep him from the portal for a good period of time. Takes practice but needed for the elite mode. If your party has a lot of pets with the stun ability even better
    This is what I'd like to see more of in AL players. We need more people who actually use strategy in their fights instead of running in and getting cut down.
    Thanks for that post. Makes me wonder if I should add a place for different strategies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Updated the Klutus and Becquila boss encounter but I ran out of room on the mobile app -_-
    This always seems to kill my projects, but I'll get the rest in so no worries. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Any boss is easy to kill if you have a tank with nessesary skills: Horn of Renew[heal+argo](5), chest splitter[argo+cast interrupt](2) and some HP pots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by upalto:870710
    Any of the bosses are easy to kill if you have a tank with the nessesary skills: Horn of Renew[heal+aggro](5), chest splitter[aggro+cast interrupt](2) and some HP pots.
    Sure it matters what skills you use, but it also matters most of who is using them.
    Just those two skills and potions aren't going to slide you by all of the bosses in the game. The horn only heals so much and chest splitter cuts into your mana as well. I'd recommend the vengeance skill and fully upgrade it for a +500 health buff, critical increase, and mana recovery. Do notice that the warriors will soon get a rebalance in the armor so you can't always count on being such a tough brick for so long.
    Friday is tomorrow so I'll get on my XP computer and then update the rest of Becquila's encounter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I finally got the last small bit added into Becquila's part. Up next is Bael the demon knight!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Qingsanale1st:856363
    ....but WTF samhayne what "play better"?
    ....The Ghul guy's weakness is to Ice spells which neither warrior or Rogue can exploit making it a very tough fight to solo against... including the high damage output of every boss since this one....
    Sometimes some party member leave all of a sudden and you by yourself, but you don't want to re-enter the place because it's annoying... Nerf All the bosses' and mob damage output by a half... cos rogues can't keep up with the numbe of hits made... or speed up rogues attacks by a lot, add range, and add number of enemies hit by from all of rogue's attacks... Grrr they die too fast
    Oh hey, u should train ur rogue before soloing bosses, u could not easily solo all boss, use dexterity advantage in Rogues and u could master all pure boss *semi evil laugh/

Roses are red
    violets are blue
    I have five fingers
    Gonna slapping you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

For bael, u see all the cannon in the side ways of the Bael nest? use that advantage, with luck and speed met up u will be pwned him in no time
    Second, use the razor shield for rogues, so it can attack the boss like 10 times a sec, and with ur pet and ur basic weapon, u will add some damage into Bael (feel free to add another class skills)
    Last, while he was in panic mode (i mean like starting to use sparkling light attacks in his axe) use heal always even when Bael didnt use charging attacks, coz his attack are nasty and powerful

Hope that helped
    Last edited by spypeter1; 12-06-2012 at 07:45 AM.

Roses are red
    violets are blue
    I have five fingers
    Gonna slapping you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Sorry all. I've been very busy and preoccupied in Real Life, and so I have not yet updated this guide with the new bosses. Expect the new ones to be in this week as soon as I get all sorted out with the new content and explore the bosses after a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spypeter1:881876
    For bael, u see all the cannon in the side ways of the Bael nest? use that advantage, with luck and speed met up u will be pwned him in no time
    Second, use the razor shield for rogues, so it can attack the boss like 10 times a sec, and with ur pet and ur basic weapon, u will add some damage into Bael (feel free to add another class skills)
    Last, while he was in panic mode (i mean like starting to use sparkling light attacks in his axe) use heal always even when Bael didnt use charging attacks, coz his attack are nasty and powerful

Hope that helped
    Thanks for posting up some info for the guide, and yes this will help me finish up Bael.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bebsi View Post
    I was pretty happy with the difficulty of bosses in AL at the beginning.
    But it seems that they nerfed it. Now it takes no strategy at all. Just smash the buttons, that's all :/

Now I can even solo elite ;(
    Before a whole team would need quite a while to take down one of the goons.

It got already pretty easy, so pls don't nerf it further more or I just need to play blindfolded to increase difficulty.

hhhmmmmm i dont think they are being nerfed. I think its more like you grew stronger and have bigger damage plus gained knowledge on boss monsters way of killing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please,could someone make a list of boss and the pets they drop . Or at least tell me who drops flap jack ,it's realy important for me.