Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Questions for your Mage build...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default Questions for your Mage build...

Gale is OP
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone:851388
    1 heal
    3 fire (increase aoe, knock down)
    6 light (max this it's your spam skill and dps skill for bosses)
    6 clock (max this it's amazing for farming mobs, the intial dmg + continous dmg + root is amazing, I do 5 dmg per s with my gear at lvl 16)

a pink pet with high m/s and preferable h/s too like flap jack. With good gear and this pet, you won't need any pots.

For me I use Ribbit for clearing the map (pink frog with 250 hp, 7% crit, and spec +40% crit bonus)
    and Granite to take down any boss with ease (pink goat with aoe stun, and 4 m/s)
    Pets like mallison which gives 20/20/20 and 5% crit is overated and really not that useful atm

The goats are hands down the best pet for bossing. Combine the stun spec with charged fire knockdown and stun from charged Light = a sitting dummy boss.
    Me and 3 other decked out 16's took down the last elite boss with 4 goats. Although it took 30min, non of us took any major damage as our goats were stunning him throughout the fight.
    1 heal
    3 fire
    5 lightning
    5 clock
    -----------
    14 skill points
    +1 at lvl16

I like ur idea. And then u said on ur later post having full dmg than a support mage.

Yea. I ve been leeching on Patrick with my alt. He kills so fast that made me reach lvl15 in no time.

Afaik he use

Heal
    Ice
    Lightning
    Tornado/wind.

Though i dont know the skill points but his mage skill build is superb.

(My bad Patrick telling them the skills your using without your consent:P)

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

In the future, I'll be finishing points into heal. It's actually really beneficial if used properly (so is any skill). I just can't decide between galeforce and Time Shift.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    In the future, I'll be finishing points into heal. It's actually really beneficial if used properly (so is any skill). I just can't decide between galeforce and Time Shift.
    You might just want to try them both and use a respec or two; it's really personal preference.

Gale Force is quick to cast, requires only 2/5 skill points to get max damage output, and has a short cooldown; whereas Time Shift hits harder, has damage over time and root inside it, but has a longer cooldown.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Mage to warrior ratio

3:1

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Light isn't an AoE skill right? I thought it was only damaging 1 guy...
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenrunnn View Post
    Correct. It does have a chance to explode to nearby enemies if your lightening kills your target, but it's mostly single-target and is extremely useful for bosses. It's a good skill to have if you want to increase your mage's boss-killing-ability.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

3 fire 5 light 5 ice n rest in heal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher:855629
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenrunnn View Post
    Correct. It does have a chance to explode to nearby enemies if your lightening kills your target, but it's mostly single-target and is extremely useful for bosses. It's a good skill to have if you want to increase your mage's boss-killing-ability.
    Any chance the stun upgrade works on bosses? I'm pretty sure it doesn't but just wanted to ask.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Technique View Post
    Any chance the stun upgrade works on bosses? I'm pretty sure it doesn't but just wanted to ask.
    It might briefly on some bosses, I can't really tell, but I would generally say no. It's strength is in the low cd, high damage and super high critical hits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi I'm a lvl 15 mage with 3 fr 5 light and 5 time with 1 in heal. I have 1185 HP 1520 mana and 249 arm. I have 9% crit with 168% bonus and 71 DMG. Firstly at 16 where should I put that 1 skill point? How are my stats also? I am farming eggs and chests to build up $$

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Holychit View Post
    Hi I'm a lvl 15 mage with 3 fr 5 light and 5 time with 1 in heal. I have 1185 HP 1520 mana and 249 arm. I have 9% crit with 168% bonus and 71 DMG. Firstly at 16 where should I put that 1 skill point? How are my stats also? I am farming eggs and chests to build up $$
    Put it into fireball: at level 5 it will knock down and stun enemies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher:860166
    Quote Originally Posted by Technique View Post
    It might briefly on some bosses, I can't really tell, but I would generally say no. It's strength is in the low cd, high damage and super high critical hits.
    I currently got lighting with the two damage upgrades, I got one extra point since I hit 16 and don't really know where to put it. I currently got max fire, heal+health regen, light+15% damage+crit and time+all upgrades besides the exploding clock one. I don't think any of the other heal upgrades are really worth it, so ill probably max out time shift.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaduck View Post
    Heal is unnecessary IMO. Sorcerers are stereotyped as support classes. Sorcerers are damage outputs.
    you support by your team by healing team dude

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Currently playing a lv15 mage and in the beginning I went with Fire, Wind and Heal.
    On later levels I respecced to try out different things. For me the Frost and Lightning didn't fit well because of the single target effect, Timeshift for some reason seemed slow, even the initial impact damage.
    Curse I didn't try and replacing Heal with the Shield just made me feel more frail, or it might have been the part where I didn't include the 25% hit malus and 75% dodge bonus from Fire and Wind.

None of the builds described here really didn't fit me. This said after trying the Hauntlet first level with each build.

So what I was thinking now is going full Fire, Wind and Heal, maybe add one point on Time to get the stragglers that still live after fireball and gale force.
    Another build I might try is equally dipping in Heal, Shield, Fire and Wind.

As fir the stats I've added naked 500 HP and the rest in INT. Usually I run places alone but often times there's some people running around me.

When it comes to bosses it seems often I'm the tank which means me spamming heal crying momma while running circles. Not sure if it's because of sucky Warriors or my Dragon pet but often I don't even need to hit the boss to keep the aggro.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Luniette For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luniette View Post
    Currently playing a lv15 mage and in the beginning I went with Fire, Wind and Heal.
    On later levels I respecced to try out different things. For me the Frost and Lightning didn't fit well because of the single target effect, Timeshift for some reason seemed slow, even the initial impact damage.
    Curse I didn't try and replacing Heal with the Shield just made me feel more frail, or it might have been the part where I didn't include the 25% hit malus and 75% dodge bonus from Fire and Wind.

None of the builds described here really didn't fit me. This said after trying the Hauntlet first level with each build.

So what I was thinking now is going full Fire, Wind and Heal, maybe add one point on Time to get the stragglers that still live after fireball and gale force.
    Another build I might try is equally dipping in Heal, Shield, Fire and Wind.

As fir the stats I've added naked 500 HP and the rest in INT. Usually I run places alone but often times there's some people running around me.

When it comes to bosses it seems often I'm the tank which means me spamming heal crying momma while running circles. Not sure if it's because of sucky Warriors or my Dragon pet but often I don't even need to hit the boss to keep the aggro.
    I did the same thing,I put 5 on fire,4 on Gale(not the 75% thing because it adds 75% of your current dodge chance),3 on heal (I didn`t put skill points on Lifegiver which recovers lost health and mana,Lifegiver restores the amount of mana that you have used to cast heal + increasing the range to 8m is useless and you will waste points there....unless you are making a full support mage then,yeah put 5 on heal) and now I`m at Lvl 15 and I have 2 unspent skill points and don`t know where to put them....I was thinking of putting them on Time Shift.You can make quite a terror with these skills,you can use the fireball+gale and then use time shift to slow them and then repeat fire + gale...this destroys them completely + you can recover some health by using heal...IMO this is a good skill build,but I don`t know if I`m going to put these points into Time Shift,any thoughts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Shone :) View Post
    I did the same thing,I put 5 on fire,4 on Gale(not the 75% thing because it adds 75% of your current dodge chance)
    Ye, I forgot the questions part.
    Was gonna ask whether it gives straight 75% dodge increase on top of my current ~2% dodge making it 77% or increase my 2 cents by 75% making it around 3,5%.
    If the latter is the case then I'ma ditch that upgrade. Heck, that increase wouldn't be useful even for a rogue.

Another one about heal. I had the mana return thing but didn't notice it so I figured the heal upgrades would only affect allies, not the caster. If they indeed work on caster as well then I guess there is a point in skilling for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Well not so sure about heal there...At Lvl 15 you only get your mana back(the amount of mane needed to use the skill) and the skill does affect the allies but it heals health and mana for a small amount...IMO it doesn`t need upgrading,it`s better if you put these skill points into something else...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so the increase health and mana doesnt affect the caster ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my build so far is

Heal 3 (mana back, mana increase) if this doesnt regen my mana back i guess i made a wrong choice. ><....
    Lightning ( 5)
    Fireball 3 (
    i dont know how many else i have left for skill but i think its 4. can anyone help.
    and i dont know where to put that 4.
    im thinking if its ICE or Time Shift.
    and one on the Fireball (extend range/engulf)
    if i choose ice 3 (jagged ice, arctic shatter)
    if i choose time shift 3 (countdown of pain, timebomb)

any insight comment ?suggestion? opinion?
    thanks welcome to all.