Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Who wants gates in PVP rooms?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Make maps with gates and without gates. Make everyone happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I prefer Techno simply give everyone that spawned a 3-5 second Immunity. And instead giving them a death for RageQuitting, put them in a low priority spot for about 5 minutes.

Problem Solved.

And this will dissuade rushers in general.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chioricon:852914
    I prefer Techno simply give everyone that spawned a 3-5 second Immunity. And instead giving them a death for RageQuitting, put them in a low priority spot for about 5 minutes.

Problem Solved.

And this will dissuade rushers in general.
    I have a feeling there will be no such immunity. PL has no set rules on PvP. You go in and play how you want to play, if you don't cooperate, fair enough. But for those who do cooperate, they'll have fun. I do a bit of both. If I'm rushing and someone says go to me, ill politely ask whoever I'm rushing to calm down for a second while I fight whoever it is says go. If they don't cooperate, they can die more.

Sig made by Arexos! Buying Phantom Bow set pm meh!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

All I want in PL PvP are balanced classes in end game PvP.

Thanks for showing u care Techno, but before adding new elements to PvP I suggest to fix the current issues.
    Last edited by dudetus; 11-15-2012 at 08:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Yay new maps! :3

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

na no gates its good bro we need no gate less u can leave da gate @ will

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

What are gates? :O I've never pvped in DL and I'm wondering what it is..

Killing CtF spawning = more fun = more friends = less ennemeis = less argues.

Another suggestion that I had made a long time ago improve pvp training by 100 Here it is ((Here)

Map Attributes :

• It would be a map called "PvP Training Day !"
    • Kills and the death wouldn't count first of all ==> It would permit to try combos, without having to give a free after the opponent's death, and then, avoid killing PvP K/D..
    • Secondly, all LvLs could be training together, a lvl5 with a lvl66 for example, who could teach him the basics
    • Thirdly, you could access it threw guild hall tiers 3.

I've made a lonnnngg PvP suggestion HERE, or there for the laziest

Hello everyone

This is the thread I was waiting for for ages ! I'm gonna speak for a long time...

1. What advantages does your dual-spec. build out offer?

So, I've tested nearly all lvls .. Here are my thoguhts :
    lvl16 : this lvl is kinda balanced, even if dex bears using forgotten bow nearly own everyone. (Full DEX)
    lvl26 : mage with forgotten bow (INT/DEX or FULL DEX) hits 350, and birds dodge all hitting the same.. Birds dodge bear,s pull,, they just stay 10m far, and auto kill...
    lvl30 : Mages using mana shield cannot be killed. (INTEX builts, or full dex using forgotten and kiting)
    vl35 : everyone can kill everyone.. bird (FULL DEX) owns, Mage (INT/DEX) using forgotten also, and good bears cannot b killed.
    lvl40 : not many people there ^^.. there are more lvl37, and birds mages with forgotten r good. Bear (INT/DEX/STR) are VERY VERY good O.O)
    lvl45 : not much people there too :/.. My bird lvl45 full dex cannot be killed
    lvl50 : not many people there also xD.. Mages full int using death set, or bird full dex using death set are very good
    lvl55 : I've just started it yesterday, so I cannot speak much about it .. Seems to be nice.
    lvl75 : I haven't lvl up my bird yet.. I'm sure it will b awesome with new crafted gear.. :P

2. Is this spec. particularly viable at certain level ranges?

Yeah lol.. In all lower lvls, you cannot not have a forgotten bow.. you'd die in the minute

3. Is the spec. more advantageous in PVP or PVE game types?

In pvp..
    in lower levels :
    for birds, mages, bears, Dex is more advantageous.. Give HIT%, Damage, dodge.
    for mages, int and dex are more advantageous
    for bears, full dex is more advantageous..

in higher levels

full dex for birds, Str dex for bears, full int or int dex for mages..

4. Which abilities do you invest most in with this spec.?

Mages :

Blessings, drain fire light..

Birds :

break, blind, focus, evasion, blast

Bears :

Reckon stomp to make people fly xD..
    jk Reckon, iron, rage, SmS

5. What type of gear makes this spec. more viable?
    - Does the gear tend to have Str, Dex, or Int stat requirements?

Yeah : forgotten bows lol .. I've purchased one for each of my chars x)
    Pumpkin chunkers has become good too for range .. but they have less DPS than forgotten..

- Do you prefer defensive or damage stat's on this character's gear?

With the forgotten, damage style is the way to be

Extra Suggestions ^^

In CtF, there is something called "spawning"..

The opposite team wait for you in your own spawning place, generally they are 3 to be sure you can't survive, and kill u before you could do anything when you sawn.
    This is REALLY boring and lame, and it makes me mad each time.. Something NEEDS to be done about that...

So I thought.. I wondered for days of ways that would stop spawning, avoiding farming kills, and many argues because that...

Here is a list of solution which could be done to STOP the spawning issue :

1ST SOLUTION : The Invisible Wall.

Make like an invisible wall, in front of each spawning place, which would compel the other team's player yo
    enter into your room.
    This invisible wall would stop any guys who have flags, to avoid the flag holder to hide into his own spawning place..

2ND SOLUTION : The Spawning Immunity (Patsoe Idea)

It shouldn't be hard to be made since it already exists in pve for plats..

When you spawn, you would get 3-4 Seconds of immunity which would avoid you to die spawned.

3RD SOLUTION : The Immunity Room

You would be invincible into your spawning room, but once you have left the room, you cannot be invincible anymore until you spawn again into your room.

In PvP this time, there is a fashion those days.. A lame, bad, and sad fashion which is rushing..

You know.. Rushing.. Let me tell you a story

______

Once upon a time, in a far away country called Alterra, a lil' nice lovely mage was running to Forest manor, to have a wave to his lover, the wonderfully ugly elf queen..
    He had bought mother's day flowers to go and ask elf queen to be his wife..
    Suddently, a big flash.. He couldn't understand what happened, and he will never have the chance to declaration of love : he was dead..

No, it's not a truck or a car which hitted him, but a group of rushers, thirsting for fresh blood, easy kills, to get their stats better..
    He couldn't feel the puke, of the murederers, on him, since he was dead, but his lil' frail corpse was lying there, on the floor..
    _______

Hey!! You've just been witness of a rushing crime!! Why don't you report it??
    Some rushers said me "It's funny to rush", "it's the way pvp should be" , and "don't pvp if you don't rush"..

Afterwards, when I kill rushers, they call their guild to team me to be sure not to die.. So brave..
    But when we start teaming them, there they become lame.. They insult and rage quite, but they are happy of the kills they got from rushing..

______

Do you find this normal?
    Before, they were no rushes. People were nice, waiting their turn, and not rushing everyone just for the "so funny pleasure" of rushing...
    It is pathetic, sad, evil, mean, selfish, and not funny at all -.-..

So I thought to some solutions to stop it..

1st Solution :

Make a map OFFICIALLY for rushers and another for the people who don't wanna get rushed.. They could rush theirselves, and everyone would be happy..

2nd Solution :

Maybe in the "no rushing map", make a system where you click on the player to ask him in fight.. Until the other didn't accept the fight by clicking on "yes", the other isn't able to kill him..
    This would ruin rushers strategies which is running to the guy, buff damage, and kill with 2 skills and 1 auto..

Cya =)
    Last edited by Chickenrunnn; 11-15-2012 at 01:38 PM.
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    All I want in PL PvP are balanced classes in end game PvP.

Thanks for showing u care Techno, but before adding new elements to PvP I suggest to fix the current issues.
    Me too but that will never happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

5v5 rockwall forts! Instead of 4 big squares in the middle make 9!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post
    absolutely true, actually pl is the oldest, the species have evolved in their own way. they discovered saying 'go' b4 fight makes it highly legit.

In other hand another community thinks ur in a pvp arena, so just kill or die. (out numbered atm)

YA SAYING GO MAKES U LEGIT (sarcasm)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email View Post
    Those of you who are familiar with PVP in DL know of the gates that we implemented so folks can't run the flag over and over all on their lonesome. PL PVPers seem to self-regulate on rushing for the most part - either you rush or you don't (or as some say - you rush or you gt#o ;D). It's somewhat cooperative, but mostly a free-for-all.

There are A LOT of PVP maps in PL, but we could work towards implementing gates in certain maps that could accommodate them. A gate in front of a spawn point will obviously do very little in an open field...

Another option is to keep the existing maps, and add additional maps that have the DL gate setup. Another option is to leave things be. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
    Make everything but the 1v1 map FFA some how. Put timers on each game so people stop sitting in a pvp game. For people who want to say go pm someone for a 1v1 and say go each time if you want as legendfb says "legit" fight. Otherwise just play the game and shut yo mouth ;P ! But seriously we need our maps to have timers and gates to build suspension in players while the clock ticks down when get opens and game ends. People will actually play and not sit around. Saying go is getting old and for people who don't want their k/d to look bad infront of there Internet buddies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathofan View Post
    5v5 rockwall forts! Instead of 4 big squares in the middle make 9!

Yeah I'm posting a lot 3 in a row, bite me. This Rockwall idea I agree excepted remove all the squares in the middle! And extend the square into a enourmous rectangle make gates on each side make it pvp and a ctf version which is already made but have pvp games that can go up to 50 kills and have them with timers 5 minutes 5v5 50 kills to win or highest points when timer is out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Tbh the most fun I have on this game is 5v5 mud mash. It's so much fun your on top of your enemy. And there is no way to say go shiz cause its 5v5. It's just hard getting people to play it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Install the first dl pvp map into pl. perfect solution 5 post in a row. Mhm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! LOL please don't put gates in, just add new maps if they gonna have gates. And my suggestion for a new map is really wide spaced and NO trees, we have every map BUT that one

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email View Post
    you rush or you gt#o ;D
    Whoa...oh well back to the topic!
    I think gates would be a great idea! It prevents spawners, but a lot of people like to hang out at the other bases while waiting for players, so I think that there should be a system where the other team decides whether or not to let some people in, although that seems kind of complicated to me. But yeah, I think its a great idea.

HI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Omg don't add gates in pl. that's the main reason I quit dl. I pvp that's it. unless there a real person behind that character it's not fun to me. Im head of household & I don't have time to get my toons to endgame really. I've spent a lot of usd on pl and I would of spent a lot on dl if I wasn't waiting to kill rl players literally for hours. gates... If u add gates, make new map so u don't blank the founders that spend a ton of usd and don't endgame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Ignore the haters.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

make it so it's like a puzzle. (i.e. tiny tombs has 6 gates, you use a switch and when you open a gate, another one closes.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

I was never a fan of the gates in dl. So if you guys were to add gates, i would make new maps that use them, just dont use the ones we have now
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire