Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Disapointed with Arcane Legends and Spacetime Studios

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Disapointed with Arcane Legends and Spacetime Studios

I started playing AL since the beta and I really loved it from the very first moment, lots of fun and u can make new friends in some cases. However it seems that Spacetime Studios is trying to discourage players to continue building and AL community. I remember when getting an elite founder weapon from founder's two mystery chests that I bought with free plate. Then they come with an update and the legend "better odds pack" for chests with a higher price so I decided to spend 30dlls in plat and guess what? ... got only crap, is this for real? I also realized the fact that you can't farms good items anymore..you need to buy them and with this final update they raise potion prices as well more than double, so now it is pretty difficult to play bye all fun, unless you decide to buy potions. It seems pretty clear to me that people from Spacetime studios is more interested in making a profit, a big one, rather than focus in players satisfaction. My only consolation is that in the long run customers (players) always have the last word.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to maestro For This Useful Post:

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey Maestro,

We're sorry to hear that you feel that way. As I posted in this thread http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ctive-feedback! the game is still work in progress. We can well understand your feelings. Perhaps I can help give you another perspective. The balance of fun vs. challenge can be a hard one to strike. Part of the issue comes from people playing through the game in a pretty short amount of time. While we are working hard to create more content to add on top of the game, balancing what is already there is also a goal. We know we won't always get it right, but we will always try to listen and take feedback into account. This patch has just come out, so lets please give it a bit to play out.

Thanks again for your input.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Look im not exactly on board with everything the update brought, but my god. Take it down a notch...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I totally agree my complaint is the potions. Cost way to much for average people who don't buy gold, seems like each game you are lowering the amount of platinum but keeping the same prices on them, to be honoest I liked It back when you first released PL you weren't all going for money and everything wasn't all based on elixers... Disappointing STS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I do understand the concept of balancing challenge with fun and how that can be hard... in my opinion the insane pot cost compared to the super low gold drop rates makes that balance drop drastically away from fun. I would have been more likely to accept that sts was trying to make playtime longer by making it harder to get through the levels... but end result... either having to funnel money into the game faster than any pay to play mmo dreamed of... or die five or six times per run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

They raised the prices because from the past blessings and dailys, there was too much gold circulating the game at such an early time

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Piosidon View Post
    They raised the prices because from the past blessings and dailys, there was too much gold circulating the game at such an early time
    Not the only reason. Another main reason they dont take for count is the amount of gold people bought using plat. I got guildies who bought 100k with plat and bought out founder items meaning other players got gold = gold into econ. The way they boosted this effects ALL new players/non plat users. Only a small group abused the dailies/blessings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Yep yep i agree. When i started i bought 150k with platinum so i could get my guild started, buy pots early on and buy great gear from other players. As it is now new players come into game and i hear same thing it is okay game but too expensive for pots and stuff can only play for a short time since i can only afford a few pots.

Now by nerfing the armor the elite mode mob and bosses is super op. Having best legendary gear and with elixirs on i still died with one or two hits from mob in elite mode. Not really interested in playing any more if this the idea of balance.

Lastly what the heck is the point of story and hauntlet coins if the exclusive gear bought with these looks same as regular gear but the stats are way worse in all catagories. To me there is no point to running daily story quests except for a few coin.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post
    Yep yep i agree. When i started i bought 150k with platinum so i could get my guild started, buy pots early on and buy great gear from other players. As it is now new players come into game and i hear same thing it is okay game but too expensive for pots and stuff can only play for a short time since i can only afford a few pots.

Now by nerfing the armor the elite mode mob and bosses is super op. Having best legendary gear and with elixirs on i still died with one or two hits from mob in elite mode. Not really interested in playing any more if this the idea of balance.

Lastly what the heck is the point of story and hauntlet coins if the exclusive gear bought with these looks same as regular gear but the stats are way worse in all catagories. To me there is no point to running daily story quests except for a few coin.
    And the only pet that is pirchase able with them

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Sounds bad. 2 or 3 hit KO, ouch.

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

I think im out of al.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Me too. im outta here. Greed from sts with money got too far..... YOu have to pay so much for health potions, can't even PVE. what is this?
    When it was first released it was good, why STS!? WHY RUIN THIS GAME SO FAST!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I posted this in another thread but I went back to PL after being away for about 2 years. I wasn't expecting to love it so much. The IAP is a lot different there and not insane like it is in AL currently. The rotating camera is a joy!! I feel immersed on my iPad!

I will be playing PL until they fix this mess in AL

Gold iPad Air 2 Mini 64GB Wifi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey Maestro,

We're sorry to hear that you feel that way. As I posted in this thread http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ctive-feedback! the game is still work in progress. We can well understand your feelings. Perhaps I can help give you another perspective. The balance of fun vs. challenge can be a hard one to strike. Part of the issue comes from people playing through the game in a pretty short amount of time. While we are working hard to create more content to add on top of the game, balancing what is already there is also a goal. We know we won't always get it right, but we will always try to listen and take feedback into account. This patch has just come out, so lets please give it a bit to play out.

Thanks again for your input.
    Just came out but it's making us loosing players.. this patch should be taken off ASAP Sam.. .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

I think everyone is taking things to the extreme... Might i point out that this game JUST came out of beta. I am sure that STS is busy working on getting all of the kinks out of the game. If you are really bothered by unbalanced nature of the economy, i would suggest playing a different STS game while it's all worked out.

For those of you saying your out of AL when it just came out of beta is ridiculous. Give it time... in a month if the game is still completely unbalanced, then maybe maybe maybe can you say I'm leaving and not sound like a fool.

I too believe that the potions are a tad bit on the expensive side, and i am sure by now STS knows what we think, give them time to work it out.

/DanielRH

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DanielRH View Post
    I think everyone is taking things to the extreme... Might i point out that this game JUST came out of beta. I am sure that STS is busy working on getting all of the kinks out of the game. If you are really bothered by unbalanced nature of the economy, i would suggest playing a different STS game while it's all worked out.

For those of you saying your out of AL when it just came out of beta is ridiculous. Give it time... in a month if the game is still completely unbalanced, then maybe maybe maybe can you say I'm leaving and not sound like a fool.

I too believe that the potions are a tad bit on the expensive side, and i am sure by now STS knows what we think, give them time to work it out.

/DanielRH
    YOU'RE ALIVE!!!!!!! ))))))) and im only unhappy about potion prices lol the rest i could careless they need to up the gold ammount dropped to maybe 3-5 gold? And 10-35 from bosses or those chests for daily. Just 1-2 circulating i have to do 1000 runs to get 25 health pots lol

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I think what DanielRH said has a lot of truth to it... Its a very new game. I find it absurd that people are already rage quitting and the game has only been a full release (ON ANDROID) for a week or so. Give me a break guys. They are ironing out bugs and trying to make the game the way they think it should be. If you don't want to feel "cheated" wait.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Lol I couldn't even play yet and some ppl are quitting already

*others are only saying it for increasing the effect of their message but you still see them hanging around online the next day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Guys, give STS a break. Rather than focusing on the bad, appreciate the good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I doubt you played beta. I think you started at limited release. When beta ended, I hear, all the beta players' toons were wiped.

You have been graced with the privilege of playing a game for weeks before the rest of us. The price for that privilege is playing a game that is a work-in-progress. A lot of people, including me, would gladly trade your experience with a work-in-progress for all the waiting we are doing.