Thread: Leveling up a Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Leveling up a Bear

So I'm a reasonably new player. I'm working on both a Bird and a Bear, and I've noticed that the bear takes significantly longer to level up. I love the tanking role, don't get me wrong, but this it just feels that much more arduous to level up the Bear compared to the Bird. Has anyone else had this experience? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Everyone at the same level gains xp about the same speed. Its just whether u kill faster that makes u gain xp faster or slower. Birds have the most damage so they kill a few more enemies...
    PL:Xxkoopyxx~Xpertfarmer~Avianftw~Ithepvptwink~ Expertfarmer~Gratuity~Theaviantwink~Bearocalypsed~ Tehmagetwink~Tehbeartwink~Koopymerch+more AL:Thepvptwink~Xxkoopyxx~Ithepvptwink SL: Thepvptwink DL: Thepvptwink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

If you level in a full group, everyone gets the same amount of xp regardless of class or enemies you kill. So, it shouldn't be slower for a bear as compared to any other class.

If you solo a lot, a (str) bear would typically take longer to level, because you can't kill enemies as fast as a bird or mage.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    If you level in a full group, everyone gets the same amount of xp regardless of class or enemies you kill. So, it shouldn't be slower for a bear as compared to any other class.

If you solo a lot, a (str) bear would typically take longer to level, because you can't kill enemies as fast as a bird or mage.
    Well i made a bear too. My goal is to take him 50 level like my birdy! I like the 50 mystery armour set so i just stay there and farmi things for fun. Bears really take a lot of time but if you consider that the bear dies less tha the birds and elementalists then you have to admit that actually its quicker than the others for levelling up.

(WOW first post)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendsforever4 View Post
    Well i made a bear too. My goal is to take him 50 level like my birdy! I like the 50 mystery armour set so i just stay there and farmi things for fun. Bears really take a lot of time but if you consider that the bear dies less tha the birds and elementalists then you have to admit that actually its quicker than the others for levelling up.

(WOW first post)
    Haha, grats on that first post

It's true that a bear can stay alive easier, but it's also true that a mage or bird simply kill things quicker. And basically, quicker killing is gaining xp quicker too.

IMO, once you learn to play your character right, mages or birds don't really die that much either. Also, it will generally take much less time to clear a (solo) level with these classes, as compared to with a bear. It just takes a different play style and more skill to keep them alive. At least that's how it feels to me, after leveling many toons to many different levels.

Whatever the case may be, I think the most important thing is that you enjoy playing your character... Then, xp comes automatically

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

What level are you at the moment ? If you add enough dex your damage, critical hit chance, and hit % will all increase. At low levels such as 2-17 bears are really powerful if the use a long range weapon (bow or a staff) make sure you add points to the skills called rage, iron blood, and stomp. Stomp is one the most powerful move for ursans and also damages all of the opponents in your range. Rage greatly increases your damage and is vital for success. Part of being a bear is able to survive heavy damage, the skill iron blood helps increase your armor. Once you are in the 20's you will unlock a skill known as evade which increases your dodge. While it is useful, it is not as important as the others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Haha, grats on that first post

It's true that a bear can stay alive easier, but it's also true that a mage or bird simply kill things quicker. And basically, quicker killing is gaining xp quicker too.

IMO, once you learn to play your character right, mages or birds don't really die that much either. Also, it will generally take much less time to clear a (solo) level with these classes, as compared to with a bear. It just takes a different play style and more skill to keep them alive. At least that's how it feels to me, after leveling many toons to many different levels.

Whatever the case may be, I think the most important thing is that you enjoy playing your character... Then, xp comes automatically
    Totally agree man. You are right it depends on the skill of the player and not so much on the class. For example my 50 bird has close to 5k kills but only 350 deaths (and the deaths are from my stupidity, yeah run against all at allien oasis captive audience!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hi Opti! I Too really enjoy the tanking role and i love it! You earn same EXP as everyone else, dont believe us? check someone your level EXP to next level and compare to yours, it will be the same. Maybe it feels slower because as a bear it is slow, But when you hit 22 and learn beckon, you start to notice a difference. Also, wanna level faster? Invite all your friends to make a full party! kill enemies faster faster EXP!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Leveling up a bear is pretty tough when you first start because it takes forever to kill stuff, but if you go full dex, and max rage as soon as you can, its not nearly as bad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd say just keep taking quests and buy/earn some plat to get some cool armor later on!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I say to get enough dex to use a bow and the rest str until lv 66. At lv 66 go all str then u can use the angel gear which gives tons of armor
    Last edited by pointblast5; 11-15-2012 at 04:02 PM.