Thread: The Un-Official Warrior Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default The Un-Official Warrior Guide

Couple of things:
    This guide is just my point of view of a bear. It might not be so good, since I don't have a really good tank, but I have seen many guides and this is how I plan to do my bear.
    This guide is only about tanking.
    This guide is a work in progress and I will continue to add onto it. If you see something incomplete, then you should know I will add more later.
    I made this guide to show everyone who asked for guides about the bear, so they would see something.

Why the bear?
    Well first off, with huge health and armor, the bear can withstand massive amounts of attacks if used correctly.
    Next, the bear has skills like taunt and beckon allowing him to gain all aggro on the field and still live while others do the damage.
    The bear has moves like rage and stomp which when not tanking, can deal massive amounts of damage.

Skills for the bear:
    The skills you want are:
    EVERYTHING MAX
    Except for the slashing skills and health regenerate. You can allocate skill points into them however you want, but allocate the slashes first, getting each of them to atleast 3 before doing health regen. You will find a use for all of these skills later. Sorry about the lack of info of these skills, this is meant to be a quick and simple guide for new bears and just cause I am trying to help.

Armor:
    Armor is simple, try getting the best armor for better stats. You probably want the croc set for better mana regen so less mana potions.

Weapons:
    My opinion on weapons is to only have one hand weapons. There is no point of sacraficing armor to get higher damage, when your job is to withstand damage and let the birds do the dps.

Now you are set with your skills, armor, and weapons. You go into the battlefield and say wait, what do I do?
    Well first, try to go ahead to gain aggro from mobs. You need aggro on you, otherwise the low armor mages and birds will simply die. There are two tactics I use for tanking:
    One, the wall. Go into a place with a wall, taunt the enemies, and stand slightly in front of a wall. Use beckon and position yourself so the enemies are in between you and the wall. Next, use hell scream -> stomp -> crushing blow
    Two, the corner. The same thing as the wall, but use a corner, not a wall.
    Before each battle, make sure you buff, and use taunt to gain aggro. During the battle, SPAM TAUNT. Why? Well, taunt gives a slight dodge boost. Each level increases the boost. And guess what? The boost STACKS (WOOOAAAHHH)! After you made sure all the aggro on you, it's damage time. Why damage on a tank? Well the tanks main job is to gain aggro, but after that, it's not like you will start reading a book while the bird is finishing your enemy off. NO, Pokcet Legends isn't meant like that. So after aggro gaining, do the slashes and continue stomping your opponents to the wall or corner.
    FORE EMERGENCY SUTUATIONS:
    If you don't have taunt or beckon ready, your friends over there is nearly dead and an enemy walks up to him, you don't want him do die right? Probably what you need to do and the only thing you can do is try to quickly go there and stomp the enemy away. That's it.

Kept in mind:
    Don't really worry too much about health. Especially if there is a mage there with you. Bears are built to withstand huge damage, and mages should constantly heal you. Yes, you will need a health pot here or there, but you should be fine. Also, from what I experienced so far, you will need lots of mana potions. Just keep that in mind.
    Last edited by Pokechmp; 11-15-2012 at 08:34 PM.

PokechmpLV53 AnubbydudeLV16
    To66: [||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||] | Proud leader of Zer0 | If you decide not to do the right thing, then you are deciding to do wrong -Pokechmp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Bears are like iDevices. They're really complicated, but have lots of potential. Your first time using it won't be easy, but you learn as you go. Mess around with it and you can be pro at iDevices. Bears... I never really needed help for them in PvE or PvP. They're fun and OP in a way (if you know how to use it). Pretty good guide, but again, way too much to cover in one page. Good job and good luck! Happy bear-ing!

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Yea I kno. Thanks for support

PokechmpLV53 AnubbydudeLV16
    To66: [||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||] | Proud leader of Zer0 | If you decide not to do the right thing, then you are deciding to do wrong -Pokechmp