Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warrior shouts. (Do they stack?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blakeary View Post
    I actually went full defensive... juggernaut, rally cry, horn of renew, and windmill. I'm not saying it was the best idea but my goal was to basically just try to hold aggro and survive and rely on my teammates for more of the damage. Juggernaut health and 20% damage reduction lasts 15 seconds with 45 sec cool down, and rally cry +10% armor and +25% dodge lasts 12 seconds with 20 second cool down. So what I would do is cycle them. Rally cry for 12 seconds, then juggernaut for 15 seconds, then rally cry is ready again for 12 seconds then wait a few seconds and repeat.

I kind of needed the horn of renew for the taunt, being able to taunt every 15 seconds was crucial. The mage and rogue I was with would die in seconds if they got aggro. If I were to drop anything it would be juggernaut since it's got the long cooldown.

One thing I'd like to try is staggering blow, the chest splitter upgrade for it's ability to interrupt an enemies windup attack. If I could of stopped the bosses from using their big attack every 3 seconds I would of saved myself 150+ health potions. I just don't know if it's guarnteed to work and how hard it is to get the timing right.
    I too would like to try this all out defensive build, but every public group I get into usually ends up needing DPS to keep up so I stick with my 3 attack skill lineup. Often this is because there are only 1 or 2 others and usually there is at least one other warrior. I am excited to try a full tank build tho!
    Last edited by Montanabro; 11-19-2012 at 12:11 AM.
    Montanaguy (16 Warrior) [elite lvl cap: 16; 26; 31] / Montanaman (16 Mage) [16] / Montanadood (16 Rogue) [16]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

The buffs from vengeful blood are great, it just doesn't last long enough for me to justify it. I think when I tested it, the buffs last 12-13 seconds out of 30. With a mana regen pet like Flapjack or Nexus I never run out of mana. I'm not saying it's bad just not a must have for me due to the duration of the buffs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blakeary View Post
    The buffs from vengeful blood are great, it just doesn't last long enough for me to justify it. I think when I tested it, the buffs last 12-13 seconds out of 30. With a mana regen pet like Flapjack or Nexus I never run out of mana. I'm not saying it's bad just not a must have for me due to the duration of the buffs.
    I generally agree. Certainly this is true for Warriors tanking elite maps. With that said, I'm doing Kraag runs for leveling and went into a full DPS build that utilized Vengeful Blood. The skill works great and is more useful than other I could put in, as I have 3 attacks plus this buff.
    Montanaguy (16 Warrior) [elite lvl cap: 16; 26; 31] / Montanaman (16 Mage) [16] / Montanadood (16 Rogue) [16]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Montanabro View Post
    I generally agree. Certainly this is true for Warriors tanking elite maps. With that said, I'm doing Kraag runs for leveling and went into a full DPS build that utilized Vengeful Blood. The skill works great and is more useful than other I could put in, as I have 3 attacks plus this buff.
    I agree anything outside elites I would just go full DPS. Vengeful blood, maybe horn of renewal, 2-3 attack abilities.

I think if I had really good gear, like some of those warriors who have a Trollbane with 80-110+ total DPS you could kill fast enough in elites you don't need to worry about defensive abilities. Imagine that DPS with 25% damage buff. More than likely you got a few friends with similar gear just rolling through maps to quick to worry about getting hurt. Too bad last I check a good Trollbane goes for 1mil +. Long ways off for me.