Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did everyone go???

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

If you are an old vet, a pvp oldie, Pl has been dead for quite some time.
    And many games have come out but AL is where a lot of the everyday Pl people are. Once it hits for apple, Pl will be a ghost town, except for the low information/noob/kid players.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Yep. They've basically taken everything that wanted in PL to AL. So I'll be there alot... I'll play PL for the occasional PvP. Not spending another 50 bucks for cap...
    Ya thats wat i do now just go on to pvp every so often.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23165&d=1358582883
    Legends Don't Die They Just Fade...

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Traebeles99 View Post
    Ya thats wat i do now just go on to pvp every so often.
    I think I only go on PL now and then because it seems to "easy", so if I'm on a long car ride or something, I'll go on for the heck of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I think I only go on PL now and then because it seems to "easy", so if I'm on a long car ride or something, I'll go on for the heck of it.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Sometimes it's nice to jump into a game where you're already somewhat of a success.

Edit- eh, and by "you're already somewhat of a success" I mean people in general.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Yeah I've been on AL mostly because its an awesome game :P

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moongem:856059
    Yeah I've been on AL mostly because its an awesome game :P
    100%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

I'm on BO2 while waiting for AL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

They've really nailed it with AL. I hope it stays nailed as well in the future updates. Thats was when PL started getting ridiculously expensive to stay endgame.
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaduck View Post
    They've really nailed it with AL. I hope it stays nailed as well in the future updates. Thats was when PL started getting ridiculously expensive to stay endgame.
    Just a matter of time...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird:855863
    Halo IV, black ops 2, al, obama no wonder pl is dying
    PL is dying because the endgame is starting to be expensive and is unforgiving to people that aren't elixered. Humania mobs are overpowered to a small group of 65's even in custom gear. Casual gamers are giving up and veterans are not liking the way platinum is constantly popping up.
    The entire population of PL are slowly transforming into juicers, and while the Scorn conquer the empty Blackstar without any resistance and crash it into the nearest sun, lots of people flee to the land of Arloria.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cobraguy View Post
    Just a matter of time...
    I wouldn't be so sure. Sts saw their mistakes and from what I can see are trying their best to eliminate those mistakes. We'll see I guess
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 11-17-2012 at 08:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cobraguy View Post
    Just a matter of time...
    Lol ikr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

They are all in my basement..wait what?
    No jk..they are probably in al cus pl sucks (IMO, I'm an sl guy)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Here's an idea: Eliminate Elte Caps completely. That would take away 99% of the drama in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    Here's an idea: Eliminate Elte Caps completely. That would take away 99% of the drama in the future.
    As well as 99% of sts' income. :\

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

This is nothing new, I realized this around 7 months ago when DL was released...there were early signs...they were cannibalizing their own market base from DL now AL. Saturation of people keep getting thinner the more games they release. I'm just baffled why they keep releasing new games to compete with their existing ones when MMOs out there today are trying to create mega-servers where everyone's in one server playing one game. You think they'll stop in AL?...

If their own game (AL) can have an effect on PL (or any other STS MMO) like this, what about other complete and more established MMO game/developers should they decide to port to mobile? It's obvious that the reason why people are leaving PL for AL is because they found AL to be "better"...in that case, these established MMO game/developers will completely destroy any STS MMO because they have the fan base, track record, etc. I heard WoW will port to mobile next year or the next, if and when that happens, STS games will become a forgotten thing, there's no way they can compete with a Blizzard MMO with 10million strong subscribers (Blizzard plans to link their mobile WoW to the PC WoW, so they're planning to bring in their millions of customers to mobile). Once Blizzard gets into the mobile market, expect their rivals to hop in too, Arenanet, Bioware, Funcom, Trion, etc...I don't think STS games has what it takes to bang with these guys being a PC MMO player myself. The quality is lightyears apart sorry, it's the truth. Just no way. STS is enjoying the luxury of being "alone" in this mobile industry. STS hasn't really been put to the test in a sense the competition is almost non-existent. They are creating their own competition by releasing multiple games. We will see how STS will do once these giants come into the picture. So again, If their own game (AL), a far from being a complete MMO, can cause cause this much negative impact on their own games, imagine what a complete and true MMO can do to them. That being said, I think they're just trying to make the most out of it. They're living on borrowed time, until the big boys come into the picture.

WOW on mobile, thoughts?
    Bookmark it: http://toucharcade.com/2012/03/20/wo...-could-happen/
    Last edited by vampinoy; 11-18-2012 at 12:46 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy:856359
    This is nothing new, I realized this around 7 months ago when DL was released...there were early signs...they were cannibalizing their own market base from DL now AL. Saturation of people keep getting thinner the more games they release. I'm just baffled why they keep releasing new games to compete with their existing ones when MMOs out there today are trying to create mega-servers where everyone's in one server playing one game. You think they'll stop in AL?...

If their own game (AL) can have an effect on PL (or any other STS MMO) like this, what about other complete and more established MMO game/developers should they decide to port to mobile? It's obvious that the reason why people are leaving PL for AL is because they found AL to be "better"...in that case, these established MMO game/developers will completely destroy any STS MMO because they have the fan base, track record, etc. I heard WoW will port to mobile next year or the next, if and when that happens, STS games will become a forgotten thing, there's no way they can compete with a Blizzard MMO with 10million strong subscribers (Blizzard plans to link their mobile WoW to the PC WoW, so they're planning to bring in their millions of customers to mobile, the real "caesar" of MMO will attempt to take the throne away from STS, and I don't think they will put up much of a fight really). Once Blizzard gets into the mobile market, expect their rivals to hop in too, Arenanet, Bioware, Funcom, etc...I don't think STS games has what it takes to bang with these guys being a PC MMO player myself. Just no way. STS is enjoying the luxury of being "alone" in this mobile industry. Those days are soon to end. If their own game (AL), a far from being a complete MMO, can cause cause this much negative impact on their own games, imagine what a complete and true MMO can do. GG STS. Matter of time, I think they're just trying to make the most out of it at this point.
    I see all your points.
    And ye i never played wow but if it went mobile id probably dabble in it, since its a big name and succes an graphics, but idk PL is my first mmo i really played an spent money an cared about , but my mmo playin fun is comin to a end anyways, i been losin intrest, idk if its the game or im not likin playin games for hours an hours anymore an missin my life idk, ive been playin AL alot not much AT ALL goin on like 2weeks lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LwMark View Post
    I see all your points.
    And ye i never played wow but if it went mobile id probably dabble in it, since its a big name and succes an graphics, but idk PL is my first mmo i really played an spent money an cared about , but my mmo playin fun is comin to a end anyways, i been losin intrest, idk if its the game or im not likin playin games for hours an hours anymore an missin my life idk, ive been playin AL alot not much AT ALL goin on like 2weeks lol
    A little advice, your life always comes first. There was a year in my 30's where I was addicted to my computer and even blew off my sister who took time to go to a movie with me. She left in tears and I still regret that. I can't get that year back or the times I was glued to my iPad instead of living my life.

The videogame and mobile game addiction is one reason many women and men simply quit for their own mental well being, their loved ones and realizing they want to live a real life, not an imaginary one.

You only get one life, one chance.

Gold iPad Air 2 Mini 64GB Wifi

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ladycandyheal For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladycandyheal:856419
    I see all your points.
    A little advice, your life always comes first. There was a year in my 30's where I was addicted to my computer and even blew off my sister who took time to go to a movie with me. She left in tears and I still regret that. I can't get that year back or the times I was glued to my iPad instead of living my life.

The videogame and mobile game addiction is one reason many women and men simply quit for their own mental well being, their loved ones and realizing they want to live a real life, not an imaginary one.

You only get one life, one chance.
    Ur exactly right, thats what i have realized, i seriously have given EVERYTHIN i own in pl away except a couple things, main reason was not bcuz AL but because i need to worry bout RL ,next step is to get off these forums lol its kinda hard when you talk to these people evryday now
    I thought maybr givin it all away would unmotivate me to play, but then they release AL ugh fml
    Last edited by LwMark; 11-18-2012 at 02:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I see all your points.
    It's the game. Once a gamer, always a gamer. You made a mistake of investing on a game without looking at your other options. People have been bragging (or telling) here how much they've spent on Pocket Legends and they probably feel good about it but in truth they're not as smart street-wise for spending...$500 to a whopping $1000...even more over a game when you can spend less for more...are you one of those? If yes, then I feel bad for you...not because you spent the money (for all we know, you're a richie rich), but because you missed out on so many other beautiful games that you're oblivious about...and probably deserving more of your money.

What if I tell you that you can set up a powerful PC that can run the best MMOs in the market today at medium to high performance for the same amount or less? I assembled my own PC for way below $500 and I could play games like WoW, Guildwars 2, Rift Online, Tera Online, SWTOR, Diablo 3, etc. name it, I can play it, maybe a little upgrade here and there but minimal cost. The leap in quality is very huge both in graphics quality and content quality. I have to literally lower my standard to be able to appreciate a mobile game such as PL or even AL I still have to lower my standard, it's the truth, since I'm coming from PC. So why do I play mobiles games such as PL? Well...curiosity, that's about it...I want to be in the middle of things when technology happens...I still think mobile gaming is the future...but not quite there yet. So I want to be here while it's still not there yet...I'm a sucker for knowing things first hand, I just want to be there when it happens. I'm playing PL/SL/DL/AL and O&C, just fooling around nothing serious really...I just want to say that I'm also in the mobile scene...that's it...but if I want to put on my game face, I turn to my PC MMOs

Anyway, as for your personal life, gaming and life can co-exist. I make money out of gaming. I have my own son review games for me because I believe kids have the best points of view when it comes to games. We're a family of gamers, I have relatives who probably makes more money playing games and having a time of their lives than lawyers and other professionals So don't look at gaming as something bad in life. If it's indeed your interest, it has its own industry in the professional world and has place in everyone's lives. You just have to figure out how you'll channel it into something good. Don't go against your interest, for all you know, it's where your future lies ;D Gaming is just like any other hobby that you can turn into a business or a profession. Very well...on topic, where did everyone go? Arcane Legends...
    Last edited by vampinoy; 11-18-2012 at 02:42 AM.