Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Few questions...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Default Few questions...

Hey guys! I got a couple of questions. There's some things about Arcane Legends that I'm having trouble discovering on my own.

1. It looks as though the kill system works like PL. Once you are too high level, you can longer gain kills in any region of the game. Because the game isn't out on iOS yet, I haven't had the chance to level to the cap and test this. Can you always get kills in any region of the game regardless of your level?

2. It seems as if there is no possible way to solo a level. This tends to shove me away from playing pretty hard. Especially with the current system. The enemies get harder depending on how many people are present in that area? That is a horrible, horrible, idea in my opinion. At least make a 20m radius where that form of difficulty scaling will take effect. It is very, very, frustrating to be alone in a map when you enter a mob of eight or nine enemies and all of the sudden four people join your game. You're basically screwed. Anyways, my question is, is there a way to solo that I don't know about?

3. There are no pure breeds. Is this true? I mean, do rogues and mages seriously have to add str in order to succeed? That's ridiculous. I mean, I can understand breaking away from traditional mmo's and trying to rid the "holy trinity" but seriously? That didn't accomplish anything but make rogues and mages less useful. The trinity exists in the classes themselves. My question is, is this going to be corrected? Is this how the game is meant to be played? Or will there be pure breeds in the future?

4. Does the elite cap contain any kind of exclusive item that contains stats?

5. It seems as if the whole founders gear is setting the example for the way we will obtain our legendary weapons. In other words, the only obtainable good sets will be from gamble packs that can be purchased with gold or platinum. Is this the case? If so, that's pretty messed up. My parents taught me never to gamble. Sts has reinforced this idea with how many times I've gambled and lost. I refuse to gamble anymore. My parents dun' taught me right.

6. Will there be pvp?

7. Will there be vanity's?

Thanks in advance guys! I don't mean for this to be a complaining thread or anything. All of my questions tend to be personal opinions anyways. I'm just looking for answers is all...
    ~MM

Edit- just for extra clarity, let me say this. I have expressed my extreme, tremendous gratitude for this excellent game that sts has released in other threads! This thread was simply meant for some opinions, questions, and critiques. Mainly, though, for questions.
    Last edited by Justg; 11-18-2012 at 05:56 PM. Reason: less drama

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

You should quit honestly you only care about them doing stuff for you. I honestly think noone cares out of this community what you do because this whole thread is q.qing about if they dont accomplish set things for you.

Vanties - not out yet, not important for game play, get over it
    Elite cap special item - Wasnt released in first cap for other games, also not important for gameplay, get over it
    PvP - not added yet still being tested, get over it
    Class stat restrictions - going pure int or pure str on a mage is up to you. I know great int mages and good str mages. derp get over it
    Solo leveling - you must be new here, soloing isnt added yet as stated if you want to solo l2 get friends to run separate instances in pt with u, get over it
    Leveling at low places - why must you NEEEED to do this. no at a certain lvl you can not go to first map to gain exp. oh well get over it

A lot of mistakes but honestly didnt want to give you alot of my time

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PvE For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MuffinMuch View Post
    You should quit honestly you only care about them doing stuff for you. I honestly think noone cares out of this community what you do because this whole thread is q.qing about if they dont accomplish set things for you.

Elite cap special item - Wasnt released in first cap for other games, also not important for gameplay, get over it
    Class stat restrictions - going pure int or pure str on a mage is up to you. I know great int mages and good str mages. derp get over it
    Solo leveling - you must be new here, soloing isnt added yet as stated if you want to solo l2 get friends to run separate instances in pt with u, get over it
    Leveling at low places - why must you NEEEED to do this. no at a certain lvl you can not go to first map to gain exp. oh well get over it

Crap...before anyone else posts, what did I say wrong? I meant no bad attitude at all...:-(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Please cry more

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stank For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stank View Post
    Please cry more
    Hey buddy, I realize that this thread came off a bit harsh. Please refer to my latest "edit" and don't get my thread locked due to flaming. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Couldn't agree more than I am agreeing.

Quote Originally Posted by stank View Post
    Please cry more
    Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Agreed with 2,3 & 4... i dont even know MM but to those of you who are trolling lay off, he is CONSTRUCTIVELY CRITISING something you lot need to learn...and dont even try to gang up...
    Last edited by Bless; 11-18-2012 at 04:12 PM.
    Credits to Iady

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Agreed with 2,3 & 4...those of you who are trolling lay off, he is CONSTRUCTIVELY CRITISING something you lot need to learn...
    Thanks, man. I was feeling like crap there for a minute...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah:856937
    1. It looks as though the kill system works like PL. Once you are too high level, you can longer gain kills in any region of the game. Because the game isn't out on iOS yet, I haven't had the chance to level to the cap and test this. Can you always get kills in any region of the game regardless of your level?
    I haven't tested this fully but it seems to be different a little. I noticed that I still got kills in Brackenridge but I have to kill a lot more goblins to get a single kill.

2. It seems as if there is no possible way to solo a level. This tends to shove me away from playing pretty hard. Especially with the current system. The enemies get harder depending on how many people are present in that area? That is a horrible, horrible, idea in my opinion. At least make a 20m radius where that form of difficulty scaling will take effect. It is very, very, frustrating to be alone in a map when you enter a mob of eight or nine enemies and all of the sudden four people join your game. You're basically screwed. Anyways, my question is, is there a way to solo that I don't know about?
    I'm always going solo in this game and seems more fun unless I'm with guildies. The way to do so is by having a party. Being in one locks up the area as it reserves the spots for only the party members.

3. There are no pure breeds. Is this true? I mean, do rogues and mages seriously have to add str in order to succeed? That's ridiculous. I mean, I can understand breaking away from traditional mmo's and trying to rid the "holy trinity" but seriously? That didn't accomplish anything but make rogues and mages less useful. The trinity exists in the classes themselves. My question is, is this going to be corrected? Is this how the game is meant to be played? Or will there be pure breeds in the future?
    I actually like how it's encouraged to use these stat points wisely instead of just dumping the +5 to one category in PL or SL (Stat points are worthless in SL). It seems more "into it"
    and strategic. There will be pures in the future as it does has it's advantages. Warriors have the least amount of negatives while choosing pure, but they'll still be lacking mana and the dodge/critical

4. Does the elite cap contain any kind of exclusive item that contains stats? If so, I'm already done.
    Nothing is awarded for capping except the 6 stat points and 1 skill point (And you can farm 16 gear)

5. It seems as if the whole founders gear is setting the example for the way we will obtain our legendary weapons. In other words, the only obtainable good sets will be from gamble packs that can be purchased with gold or platinum. Is this the case? If so, that's pretty messed up. My parents taught me never to gamble. Sts has reinforced this idea with how many times I've gambled and lost. I refuse to gamble anymore. My parents dun' taught me right.
    These packs are only for the Founder gear and will be here until a little time after the release. The best pinks of the game come from the chests that bosses can drop (Opening then gives you three random items)

6. Will there be pvp? I thought there was going to be...if not, I quit.
    It's not here yet but the arenas are in the two towns. I'm guessing after the IoS gets it.

7. Will there be vanity's?
    It's being decided and on the table of suggestions
    Last edited by Cahaun; 11-18-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cahaun For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    I haven't tested this fully but it seems to be different a little. I noticed that I still got kills in Brackenridge but I have to kill a lot more goblins to get a single kill.

I'm always going solo in this game and seems more fun unless I'm with guildies. The way to do so is by having a party. Being in one locks up the area as it reserves the spots for only the party members.

I actually like how it's encouraged to use these stat points wisely instead of just dumping the +5 to one category in PL or SL (Stat points are worthless in SL). It seems more "into it"
    and strategic. There will be pures in the future as it does has it's advantages. Warriors have the least amount of negatives while choosing pure, but they'll still be lacking mana and the dodge/critical

Nothing is awarded for capping except the 6 stat points and 1 skill point (And you can farm 16 gear)

These packs are only for the Founder gear and will be here until a little time after the release. The best pinks of the game come from the chests that bosses can drop (Opening then gives you three random items)

It's not here yet but the arenas are in the two towns. I'm guessing after the IoS gets it.

It's being decided and on the table of suggestions
    Out of thanks

Wait...nvm O.o
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 11-18-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

1. Correct. Like the other titles, once you go past that level threshold of the map, you can no longer gain experience or kills from it.

2. All the maps outside of elite and maybe Hauntlet are solo-able. With my Warrior, I never struggled clearing any maps on my own. However, I struggled quite a bit on my Rogue and Sorcerer as they do not take hits very well in the early levels. Though it is possible to solo with Rogue and Sorc, you will need more technique and a whole lot of potions in doing so.

3. Pure specs do exist. It's just that a lot of people tend to solo maps so they dump points into strength to be able to take more hits and sometimes int so they can spam more spells. With a good group, you can run full dps spec on Elite if you are a Rogue or Sorcerer because you shouldn't be taking any major hits.

4. No exclusive item for the elite cap at the moment. This was to be expected anyway since they have never done so on the first cap on their previous titles.

5. No. All the best gears are only looted and obtained from the end game elite maps. The plat/gold gears will always be worse.

6. Yes

7. Yes

To the people bashing this guy, you need to back the **** off. He was merely asking questions. People like you is what making these forums toxic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Thank you for the thread edit. Now it doesnt seem like a rant or demand but more of questions wanting to be answered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

OP--you raise valid concerns and did so in a mature way. Disregard the personal attacks.
    Montanaguy (16 Warrior) [elite lvl cap: 16; 26; 31] / Montanaman (16 Mage) [16] / Montanadood (16 Rogue) [16]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

What has this community come to where someone posts some questions about the game and they get attacked? come on guys, be civil and try to help
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Conradin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MuffinMuch:857014
    Thank you for the thread edit. Now it doesnt seem like a rant or demand but more of questions wanting to be answered.
    he edited in that part for trolls like u who think content in al is never getting nerfed
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

You know, I didn't edit hardly anything. Next time please read the thread carefully, and don't just explode. I'm by no means the kind of guy who intends to come in and rant about a bunch of crap that I think should get changed. Even in the original unedited thread I stated that I wasn't trying to complain and that it was all personal opinion. I'm sure you just conveniently missed that part.

Thanks to you other guys who see the thread for what it's supposed to be and for answering my questions accordingly. That really helps alot!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Go put a sock in it. You are extremely rude and sarcastic needlessly. He has valid concerns and I actually agree with some of what he said.

If you can't accept that people have different opinions besides yours, perhaps you need some schooling yourself.

Gold iPad Air 2 Mini 64GB Wifi

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ladycandyheal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Are you sure about the XP/kills thing? I was getting XP from mobs with a green threat level. In all the other games, green means your level is too high for the map. Didn't look at kills, but kills and XP always go together, so I'm assuming I got kills too.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

im pretty sure that too high lvl is blue cause im capped and everyone is blue
    ARCANE LEGENDS
    Grimreaper- RETIRED, Thegrimreaper-RETIRED, Stealyoursoul-RETIRED, Grimstwink-RETIRED
    RETIRED FOR GOOD!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yoachehar View Post
    im pretty sure that too high lvl is blue cause im capped and everyone is blue
    Translate this please.