Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need your thoughts...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

lol after 19tries of spamming the 1k random. got a pink ring...lol I prob got it between 5-10 but kept spamming without checking. But yea these things are rigged to rip off the rich and give to the poor that when they get an ounce of money will spend it on STS cause they think they'l be lucky again Good thinking STS. So don't buy plat for a week and then buy it and try to see if you win

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    You may have stumbled into a brilliant idea and not even realized it.

What if the chance to obtain a pink through gamble packs goes up everytime you purchase a pack? For instance by 1% each chest you purchase. Then purchasing 100 chests would guarantee you at least one pink. That's a kind of gambling I wouldn't mind.
    Trust me... we've gone over this so many times since these packs were introduced. I don't think anything is going to change with them.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

You may have stumbled into a brilliant idea and not even realized it.

What if the chance to obtain a pink through gamble packs goes up everytime you purchase a pack? For instance by 1% each chest you purchase. Then purchasing 100 chests would guarantee you at least one pink. That's a kind of gambling I wouldn't mind.
    That's not gambling. If you have a 100% chance of getting something, then they might as well put a fixed price on the actual item, which defeats the purpose whole idea of gambling. Their bundles have always been they way it is now, dating back all the way to the Halloween and Christmas packages on SL.

People fail to realize the concept of the founder's package. There's no guarantee. You don't get special privileges for buying more . It clearly states that it has a LOW chance of yielding a random founder's item. I personally have spent around 80k gold on trying without getting a pink so I just gave up, but I do know people who got a pink or two on their first 10 tries.

So folks, it's all luck. There's nothing else much to it.
    Last edited by ProSophist; 11-19-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProSophist View Post
    That's not gambling. If you have a 100% chance of getting something, then they might as well put a fixed price on the actual item, which defeats the purpose whole idea of gambling. Their bundles have always been they way it is now, dating back all the way to the Halloween and Christmas packages on SL.

People fail to realize the concept of the founder's package. There's no guarantee. You don't get special privileges for buying more . It clearly states that it has a LOW chance of yielding a random founder's item. I personally have spent around 80k gold on trying without getting a pink so I just gave up, but I do know people who got a pink or two on their first 10 tries.

So folks, it's all luck. There's nothing else much to it.
    Thank you, sir. Please take into consideration the following two things.

1. Go look up the word "gamble" and report back to me.

2. Notice my post was not stating how things are but rather how things should be.

Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Thank you, sir. Please take into consideration the following two things.

1. Go look up the word "gamble" and report back to me.

2. Notice my post was not stating how things are but rather how things should be.

Cheers
    1. From Wikipedia: Gambling is the wagering of money or something of material value (referred to as "the stakes") on an event with an uncertain outcome with the primary intent of winning additional money and/or material goods.

You are suggesting that luck increases incrementally by 1% for each purchase of the chest/package. This means that by the time you at your 100th chest, you would have yielded a 100% chance of getting a pink. So if you have a 100% chance of getting something, there's no risk, there's no uncertainty, which means YOU ARE NOT GAMBLING. And that's my point. It defeats the purpose of the package. Unless of course, there is a new, secret, underground definition of gambling that I don't know about.

2. Yes you did state how you want things to be. And I just clearly explained why the idea won't work. So what is your point? Did you ACTUALLY read what I posted prior to this one?

For future reference, I always try to reason civilly based on the topic in hand. You don't have to react in a condescending manner because sooner or later you might run into someone who actually knows what they are talking about and make you look like an asinine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProSophist View Post
    It defeats the purpose of the package.
    Just out of curiosity... what do you consider to be the purpose of the package?

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well I spent like 70 plat in chests got only crap. Then I decided to give it a shot and spent 140more plat in bundles to realize that they are bugged, my old gear is way better, they are taking too long to fix it. So now I have exactly the same question that you. Check this http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...cetime-Studios

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Just out of curiosity... what do you consider to be the purpose of the package?
    It gives the items some sort of exclusivity. Why? Not everyone is willing to spend thousand of gold on these because it is not a guaranteed item. And even if you are willing to spend, it still doesn't mean you will get the item. Like I stated a million times, it's purely luck. Think of it as like getting a vanity item. After a few patches down the road, these items would have less purpose and you could see them around purely for aesthetics. Bear in mind that the Founder's gears aren't even best-in-slot.

That's the best part of it. Making it somewhat, although not absolute, exclusive. Then again, this is my opinion. I figured that if STS wanted all of us to get the items so easily without any repercussions, they would have put all the Founder's gear on the shop separately, with fixed prices, like they did with the platinum items on SL.
    Last edited by ProSophist; 11-19-2012 at 04:22 PM.