Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sts Legends: The game cloud that contains all Sts mmo games in one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

Default Sts Legends: The game cloud that contains all Sts mmo games in one.

I got this idea from Vamp basically. I myself am split between various sts games and so are the majority of the community I think.
    We hop from one game to the other and friends depart to one game and others to another. The community in these games are splitting up and that's because there are so many sts games to choose and invest in :-) Not a bad thing, its awesome to be able to choose what to play... But some games become deserted at times because of this (looking at PL & SL) Happend twice with DL and AL coming out. So to solidify your fan base of players how about creating one big cloud package.

A Game that combines all of your sts titles!! Let's try to explain this and Imagine:
    We (the players) download Sts Legends from the Google play/ app store ect.
    Load the massive installment files and game data ect.
    Enter our login and usernames ect.
    Then we enter a map like menu showing a galaxy with sts Legends title in the background with four worlds to choose from-
    Pocket Legends, Star Legends, Dark Legends and Arcane Legends.
    Here from this menu we can pick which world to play on then easily move to another world without having to log out ect.
    Across the games we have the same account (if possible same usernames too) We also have a whole global guild chat and social friendlist and chat system available.
    Imagine if your friend or guild member was talking to you while they were playing Dark Legends and you were playing Pocket Legends or Arcane Legends. How cool would that be? Them asking for help to beat a boss and you can jump into their World and game by a simple menu.
    Plat would be kept in the cloud and universal between all the games like the original idea, now this could work because this is one big game in one installment instead of four separate ones.
    It's up to the player if they decide which legend world to play and as each game now supports the new graphics engine and the same shared Techythingamajig system it should be easy to do all this :-)
    Worlds will get patch updates available to them when the devs add new content or bug fixes to certain games/worlds.
    As a whole I think the shared game cloud would help people keep playing and communicating with their friends and make new friends in the games/worlds they like to play in.
    The Guildhall can be outside the worlds in the galaxy map too, where if we held a meeting or went to the guild hall portals in the games/worlds we will teleport and all meet up in the one shared guildhall. Imagine a Rogue avatar interacting with a Vampire avatar and a bear avatar dancing around an Engineer lol all in the one guild hall. It's not impossible but it will be hard work supporting the different character builds and animations to all share the same guild hall. But just Imagine anyway lol XD

Now that truly will be a community game, A Massive Multiplayer Online Game. One that will keep its players together.

If you like this idea please thank me or gives me thumbs up ect lol ^_^ I think its the future of STS and one they may have to concider when other MMO games come out eventually to keep the fan base and players happy.

Cheers All ^_^ Mitchturbo Rawks Like A Boss Lmao!!
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

0.0 awesome idea but wouldnt cause that heavy lag somehow? Idk but cool idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cephei View Post
    0.0 awesome idea but wouldnt cause that heavy lag somehow? Idk but cool idea
    Anythings possible and with how technology is moving so quickly now, I'm sure it could be figured out.
    It may take a few more servers to be installed and maybe a huge power source to make it happen but an idea can make anything achieveable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Nah, I don't need games I don't play, PL, DL, and recently, SL, hogging up my internal storage for no reason. I pass. Besides, new servers would require them to sell more plat,which means plat price increases for the player. I pass on that, too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have to agree with DP. I love the "idea" of this, but it would require massive amounts of data to be saved on my phone. I don't like the thought of having something taking up space when I don't use it. With that said, this is an awesome idea Mitch....I just don't like some of the potential down falls.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

Very Good valid points DP :-) I myself don't play DL and PL so why should I have them clogging up my internal space?
    Maybe it will tempt us to play them because we would have the whole guild behind us and communicate between worlds, so we are truely never playing alone :-)
    With the cost of the new servers ect to require something like this...
    Maybe they would introduce a subscription fee for like a 6 month thing for those that want paid membership bonuses (same thing pretty much what plat does for a player)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

I don't mean to shoot you down, Mitch. I suppose if they had separate downloads of the various games as well as this, that might work, but that still leaves the new server issue. If you really wanna voice chat with the guild while playing fire up a hangout in g+. That way all of us Yanks can giggle at your English accent and you can giggle at ours.

EDIT: Thought of another downside. If SL needs patched that would mean every single person would have to be booted, regardless of the game they were playing while it was updated. Dang, now it sounds like I'm just looking for reasons to shoot this down. :/

-----
    This post has +5 to topic derailment
    Last edited by Deathpunch; 11-19-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nabak View Post
    I have to agree with DP. I love the "idea" of this, but it would require massive amounts of data to be saved on my phone. I don't like the thought of having something taking up space when I don't use it. With that said, this is an awesome idea Mitch....I just don't like some of the potential down falls.
    I agree too, but I'd imagine most of the data would be stored on a cloud or maybe sts can do a deal like offer 25gb free storage to save all the data that would otherwise take up valuble internal storage to subscribers or with plat.
    I know Dropbox does deals like this with certain phone manufacturers and with the nexus 4 you will need to use cloud storage anyway LOL :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch View Post
    I don't mean to shoot you down, Mitch. I suppose if they had separate downloads of the various games as well as this, that might work, but that still leaves the new server issue. If you really wanna voice chat with the guild while playing fire up a hangout in g+. That way all of us Yanks can giggle at your English accent and you can giggle at ours.

EDIT: Thought of another downside. If SL needs patched that would mean every single person would have to be booted, regardless of the game they were playing while it was updated. Dang, now it sounds like I'm just looking for reasons to shoot this down. :/

-----
    Lmao!! Keep em coming DP :-) And we mainly do that anyway in G+ in our guild Infinite Union. Because We Rock!!
    LOL I'm sure I haven't got an accent ;-) maybe one day I'll do a hangout session for cheap laughs XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchturbo View Post
    Lmao!! Keep em coming DP :-) And we mainly do that anyway in G+ in our guild Infinite Union. Because We Rock!!
    LOL I'm sure I haven't got an accent ;-) maybe one day I'll do a hangout session for cheap laughs XD
    You totally should, we can all lol at Killa when she starts her omgomgomgomgomg! in a frequency that makes my dog run away.

-----

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Deathpunch For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch:858092
    Nah, I don't need games I don't play, PL, DL, and recently, SL, hogging up my internal storage for no reason. I pass. Besides, new servers would require them to sell more plat,which means plat price increases for the player. I pass on that, too.
    Agreed. More paraphernalia means more hassle
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Best idea i've heard IMO! I'd LOVE to have this! I'm sure developers can make it happen, so let's make them want to! +1000.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch View Post
    The games could be options within one app with only those you want to use taking up data
    NachtElfje - mage / engi ~ BloedElfje - op / vampire

www.infiniteunion.net

15. The Following User Says Thank You to pizzaman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

The only reason I see why this couldn't work is less obvious to us players. There are people who buy plat, play a game and then move on to the next game where they buy even more plat. This has encouraged sts to bring out lots of games and kind of abandon the existing games, thinking it will earn them more money. Which is true in the short term.

A combined game would give a small short term drop in plat income. So this will only work if sts starts to understand that they need to consolidate their communities if they want to keep income in the long run.

I, for one, would buy the biggest plat deal there is for such a combined game though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pizzaman View Post
    The games could be options within one app with only those you want to use taking up data
    Quality Idea my man! Now we are talking!

(Remember to click thanks on the op) joking!

Yeah that does give us a good option and should suit those that dislike the space being taken up.
    Maybe you can click the cloud link to them on and off in the options.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Interesting idea, Mitch.

I am looking forward for those upcoming G+ chats

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pizzaman View Post
    The only reason I see why this couldn't work is less obvious to us players. There are people who buy plat, play a game and then move on to the next game where they buy even more plat. This has encouraged sts to bring out lots of games and kind of abandon the existing games, thinking it will earn them more money. Which is true in the short term.

A combined game would give a small short term drop in plat income. So this will only work if sts starts to understand that they need to consolidate their communities if they want to keep income in the long run.

I, for one, would buy the biggest plat deal there is for such a combined game though.
    Well as Vamp was saying in another thread http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...200#post858200 that if sts keep taking this approach the players will keep getting split up between the games or something similar. Perhaps to move on to a bigger community MMO like WoW mobile when that comes out.

What sts needs to do imo is make everyone feel like like they are part of one big game instead of four smaller ones to solidify their fan base.
    I know they are already doing this on the forums in a way, but I and others rarely visit threads out of our preferred game sections.

Keep up the discussion everyone, some really good stuff here so far :-)

Think Mitchturbo Think!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Hmmm. I like it, but there are some questionable issues IMO as well.

Across the games we have the same account (if possible same usernames too) We also have a whole global guild chat and social friendlist and chat system available.
    Usernames will be a big issue, with differences, stealing, impersonating, just like now. That I feel shouldn't be a part of it. Global guild chat? Issue, what if we are in different guilds on different STS games? I would not like to get messages from 4 different guilds at the same time. Friend list chat system? Errrr.... Combining all 4 friends lists? Have fun scrolling.

Imagine if your friend or guild member was talking to you while they were playing Dark Legends and you were playing Pocket Legends or Arcane Legends. How cool would that be? Them asking for help to beat a boss and you can jump into their World and game by a simple menu.
    As previously stated, imagine if 4 different guilds were all talking to you at the same time, all asking you to do different things? That would drive me nuts IMO. And if you were doing something and then left, what would happen within the game you just left? Would your character still be there? Or would it be like you logged off?

Plat would be kept in the cloud and universal between all the games like the original idea, now this could work because this is one big game in one installment instead of four separate ones.
    Massive exploitation of plat sales anyone?

Worlds will get patch updates available to them when the devs add new content or bug fixes to certain games/worlds.
    Could you imagine all 4 games being patched at the same time? We'd have to go through 80 patches. I'd rather play.

The Guildhall can be outside the worlds in the galaxy map too, where if we held a meeting or went to the guild hall portals in the games/worlds we will teleport and all meet up in the one shared guildhall. Imagine a Rogue avatar interacting with a Vampire avatar and a bear avatar dancing around an Engineer lol all in the one guild hall. It's not impossible but it will be hard work supporting the different character builds and animations to all share the same guild hall.
    Again, people can have more than one guild. I'd say allow this ONLY if the character you're going to the guildhall with is the one IN the guild itself. And how would the devs know those two guilds were connected? What if a guild on SL was called Boss, the gm was ABC, but on AL the same guild name Boss was made, but let's say by a completely different person, XYZ. It'd lead to a lot of conflicts.

Sorry to sound like a negative Nancy, that's just my opinion. Keep up the good thoughts though NOW! (inside joke)

Nice start,
    -Zao
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

Well a good guild is supposed to be a family. Stick with the one guild like many players do (example: I'm in Infinite union in the two games I do play) or maybe an option to filter guild chats will be available. Same with the guild hall portal. A choice to choose which guild hall you want to go to.

Let's say its all to do with your account. Not user names, you can use each of your individual characters that u already have.
    When sts do bring out new games then it will be A must for u to reserve your character name ect.

Plat exploition nope. For the system to work, plat prices would have to be the same throughout each game/world. If there is a plat sale then it will be available from the main galaxy screen that affects all the games.
    Hence the transferable plat and accounts sharing the same cloud.

The patch updates would have to happen at once, to keep the balance let's say they use the dev program to test the patch first in said world then they release it. You log in wait 3-5 mins for the patch to complete and then play away. The patches will take a few more days to be available to the public but that's a good thing as we then wouldn't have to wait for a patch every time we log in. They would happen at once like say once or twice a week. Read a book or play sport for Ten mins instead then the game will run smoother and be updated constantly for your pleasure. This way all the games will get all the support they deserve too. They won't get left out and the game with its four worlds will always be busy.
    Last edited by Mitchturbo; 11-19-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Well a good guild is supposed to be a family. Stick with the one guild like many players do (example: I'm in Infinite union in the two games I do play) or maybe an option to filter guild chats will be available. Same with the guild hall portal. A choice to choose which guild hall you want to go to.

Let's say its all to do with your account. Not user names, you can use each of your individual characters that u already have.
    When sts do bring out new games then it will be A must for u to reserve your character name ect.

Plat exploition nope. For the system to work, plat prices would have to be the same throughout each game/world. If there is a plat sale then it will be available from the main galaxy screen that affects all the games.
    Hence the transferable plat and accounts sharing the same cloud.
    This is what I LOVE about suggestions. Comments come along and THEN people explain it. I wish that ^ was said EARLIER.

I would rather not be tied down to one guild, I have many that I share my love and trust with. A filter seems like clutter, but we'll see how that goes.

I don't like being forced to have to reserve my character name. No.

Thanks for stating in the OP "If one game has a sale, all games will, to remove the chance of platinum exploitation." No really, I appreciate the heads-up. Seriously. Not kidding at all.

The patch updates would have to happen at once, to keep the balance let's say they use the dev program to test the patch first in said world then they release it. You log in wait 3-5 mins for the patch to complete and then play away. The patches will take a few more days to be available to the public but that's a good thing as we then wouldn't have to wait for a patch every time we log in. They would happen at once like say once or twice a week. Read a book or play sport for Ten mins instead then the game will run smoother and be updated constantly for your pleasure. This way all the games will get all the support they deserve too. They won't get left out and the game with its four worlds will always be busy.
    I'd prefer to keep it the way it is now. When you get on that specific game you only have to wait for patches ON THAT SPECIFIC GAME.
    Could you imagine how much that would suck if you only played SL & AL, and even though you don't play PL & DL still have to wait for their patches?
    Last edited by Zaonabiuibil; 11-19-2012 at 04:23 PM.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly