Thread: Just a little Warrior guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default Just a little Warrior guide

Warriors

I. The Warrior
    Like to tank? Well this is the class for you. The warrior currently (16 cap) is the most powerful class in the game. It has incredibly strong regular attacks and the skills are unbelievably powerful. The warrior uses area of effect (AOE) skills as well as buffs. The combination of all of these give the warrior a major advantage.

II. Warrior Strengths
    The warrior, as I stated earlier, is a tank first and foremost. The classes that STS have in Arcane Legends focus only on extremities. For example Rogue and Sorcerer=DPS and the Warrior=tank. The warrior has nearly 3-6 times the amount of armor that the other classes have. Their health, without armor, is ridiculously high. This makes it the most viable option for tanking.

III. Weaknesses
    Currently, the Warrior has no weaknesses. However some players add weaknesses to their warriors. For example, not tanking, which hurts the entire party. Not understanding when and when not to use skills, as will be stated later on.

[COLOR="#0000CD"]IV. How to Stat[/COLOR]
    Straight STR. Having all points under STR give you immense amounts of health and a very good armor bonus. Dodge and crit boosts come from the armor that I will state later on in the guide.

V. Skills
    The skills that every warrior must have is Skyward Smash-4 (everything but the mana return), Whirlwind-3 (the way it is slotted is up to you), Vengeance-5 (probably the best skill in the game), Horn of Renew-3 or 4 (again, up to you). Skyward Smash is the warrior's hardest hitting skill. It is an AOE skill with good damage, high crit percent, and a chance at stun. The Whirlwind skill is perfect for when you are surrounded by enemies. It dishes out a ton of damage, especially with the duration bonus. Vengeance. I do not even know where to start. Talk about buff mania. Vengeance is the ultimate STR boost, crit boost, mana regen, and armor boost buff I have ever seen in my entire MMO career. And lastly, the Horn of Renew. The way I have mine slotted is the duration boost and the invulnerability shield. The ability to turn invulnerable for 4 seconds comes in handy when in a pinch. The order in which I use my skills is as follows Skyward (to get enemies' attention), Whirlwind (to really get their attention), Vengeance (to recover mana and all those crazy buffs) and Horn of Renew (use when necessary).

VI. Gear
    I recommend 15 Founder armor. The ring and amulet is up to you, whether you want more DEX or STR. I go with STR. As for a weapon, you cannot go wrong with the Trollbane axe. The damage is so high and so is the proc effect. Use the pet, Ribbit. High crit %.

Overview
    The Warrior is the strongest class in the game with a few of the best skills in the game. If you like to tank, well this is the perfect class for you. This build is not my original idea. It is my GM's, Punishment (of Eclipse). I just put it into words so people can use it thanks again. Leave your thoughts, comments, gripes, opinions, concerns, objections, congratulations, and thanks. Thanks again, Duper (Hephaestus)

PL-lvl 76 Duper mage (main)
    AL- Hephaestus warrior (main), Duper Sorcerer

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Superduper For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Punishment is a beast.. 21k kills and 4-5 death with records in almost every corner of the leaderboard..

He uses berseker armor though

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To get high damage u want ring and amulet with high str+damage. End game ones have 21 str and 3.7 damage, my fav trollbane is mighty of potency, sick damage.

Imho str/damage is the most important stat, maintaining armor of 500+ should be enough, crit? well u get more than enough of it from ribbit's passive and buff as well as veng. Go for str/damage/armor. A little int will also help u manage mana when veng is on cooldown.
    Last edited by Vivi; 11-19-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Ruthlesskill Bear/Warrior LvL76/15 (PL/AL)
    Viciouskill Mage/Sorcerer LvL76/15
    Mercilesskill Dex Bird LvL67

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nice build bro what I was looking for thanks!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

imo best warrior gear is mighty berserker and mighty juggs of fitness along with mighty troll of potency and high dmg rings. along with ribbit pet
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superduper View Post
    he ability to turn invulnerable for 4 seconds comes in handy when in a pinch.
    i think the shield is for 2sec only

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I also slot the double duration of all effects.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superduper View Post
    Warriors

I. The Warrior
    Like to tank? Well this is the class for you. The warrior currently (16 cap) is the most powerful class in the game. It has incredibly strong regular attacks and the skills are unbelievably powerful. The warrior uses area of effect (AOE) skills as well as buffs. The combination of all of these give the warrior a major advantage.

II. Warrior Strengths
    The warrior, as I stated earlier, is a tank first and foremost. The classes that STS have in Arcane Legends focus only on extremities. For example Rogue and Sorcerer=DPS and the Warrior=tank. The warrior has nearly 3-6 times the amount of armor that the other classes have. Their health, without armor, is ridiculously high. This makes it the most viable option for tanking.

III. Weaknesses
    Currently, the Warrior has no weaknesses. However some players add weaknesses to their warriors. For example, not tanking, which hurts the entire party. Not understanding when and when not to use skills, as will be stated later on.

[COLOR="#0000CD"]IV. How to Stat[/COLOR]
    Straight STR. Having all points under STR give you immense amounts of health and a very good armor bonus. Dodge and crit boosts come from the armor that I will state later on in the guide.

V. Skills
    The skills that every warrior must have is Skyward Smash-4 (everything but the mana return), Whirlwind-3 (the way it is slotted is up to you), Vengeance-5 (probably the best skill in the game), Horn of Renew-3 or 4 (again, up to you). Skyward Smash is the warrior's hardest hitting skill. It is an AOE skill with good damage, high crit percent, and a chance at stun. The Whirlwind skill is perfect for when you are surrounded by enemies. It dishes out a ton of damage, especially with the duration bonus. Vengeance. I do not even know where to start. Talk about buff mania. Vengeance is the ultimate STR boost, crit boost, mana regen, and armor boost buff I have ever seen in my entire MMO career. And lastly, the Horn of Renew. The way I have mine slotted is the duration boost and the invulnerability shield. The ability to turn invulnerable for 4 seconds comes in handy when in a pinch. The order in which I use my skills is as follows Skyward (to get enemies' attention), Whirlwind (to really get their attention), Vengeance (to recover mana and all those crazy buffs) and Horn of Renew (use when necessary).

VI. Gear
    I recommend 15 Founder armor. The ring and amulet is up to you, whether you want more DEX or STR. I go with STR. As for a weapon, you cannot go wrong with the Trollbane axe. The damage is so high and so is the proc effect. Use the pet, Ribbit. High crit %.

Overview
    The Warrior is the strongest class in the game with a few of the best skills in the game. If you like to tank, well this is the perfect class for you. This build is not my original idea. It is my GM's, Punishment (of Eclipse). I just put it into words so people can use it thanks again. Leave your thoughts, comments, gripes, opinions, concerns, objections, congratulations, and thanks. Thanks again, Duper (Hephaestus)
    hi bro.. thanks for the good guide u set.. but the problem is that am still new and there is many stuff that i dont get still.

let me start with the skills names.. when u say "Whirlwind-3" u mean 3 points for it?
    plus its names "windmill" on my samsung.. and its the only name of the skills if found..

even the buffs.. i just cant know where to find or what ever.. please help if u can

thanks in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Sorry, when i wrote the guide, I was unable to log on to Arcane to make sure the skills names were correct. The number connected to the the skill is the number of skill points that will be slotted under that skill. The choice of upgrade is upto you. For windmill, I would use the increase duration and damage bonus. But that is just me. You get skill points every time that you level up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Very nice Super maybe we should play together
    Remember, Always Stay Supah.....
    AL: Supah-Warrior-16 Supahh-Rogue-6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

If you want to do some decent damage and have mana, try a 4-1-1 str-dex-int ratio instead of full str. The extra health and armor you get from a full str build is pretty unnecessary, even for a straight tank. The mana boost you get from vengeance is nothing compared to putting some points in int when it comes to saving pots.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

13. The Following User Says Thank You to McBain For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    If you want to do some decent damage and have mana, try a 4-1-1 str-dex-int ratio instead of full str. The extra health and armor you get from a full str build is pretty unnecessary, even for a straight tank. The mana boost you get from vengeance is nothing compared to putting some points in int when it comes to saving pots.
    Well said bro!! Well said
    Remember, Always Stay Supah.....
    AL: Supah-Warrior-16 Supahh-Rogue-6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Warriors have such a high soloing capability its amazing, a shame they are going to nerf them.
    Kill farm while you can on your Warrior because soon you will become very squishy compared to what you are now.

Aldoric - I like bananas -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I think Warriors need to be nerfed a bit. Until I saw this guide, I didn't think there were any Warriors out there who actually fulfilled the tank role. I've played the MT since Dark Age of Camelot and I'm addicted to doing it right, so I'll actually be pretty thrilled if our damage and critical hit bonuses take a moderate dive.

I'm really hoping to see shields in the future, though. Every Warrior has the right to build for DPS if that's what they want to do, but for those who itch for aggro, shield stuns/bashes would be amazing in addition to blocking.
    "I'm Sledge McDredge, and this is my favorite thread on the citadel."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Default skill selection

I use 4/5 wind 3/5 chestsplitter 5/5 venge .and rest in rally cry for pd-% and move+ i have yet to be impressed by any other war my damage is mid 80's and def 668+ depending on pets. I hold aggro fine. Why.waste skill with heal when potions are available... gear is mighty vorpal of assault mighty berserker of.fitness agile betserker helm. Skyward sucks BOOYah
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

What is the Flounder armor called? Couldn't find it in the CS.

Thanks
    ARCANE Level 41 Warrior, Level 41 Sorcerer
    Pocket Legends Level 75 Enchantress, Level 75 Warrior, Level 75 Archer,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raxin View Post
    I use 4/5 wind 3/5 chestsplitter 5/5 venge .and rest in rally cry for pd-% and move+ i have yet to be impressed by any other war my damage is mid 80's and def 668+ depending on pets. I hold aggro fine. Why.waste skill with heal when potions are available... gear is mighty vorpal of assault mighty berserker of.fitness agile betserker helm. Skyward sucks BOOYah
    nt everyone is rich like u to hav elite gears nd to buy 100+ potions. u r wearing 2mil+ costing gears(total).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

good info thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Im not rich bro and if potions costs are holding you back ur doin it wrong....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGunX:879001
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxin View Post

nt everyone is rich like u to hav elite gears nd to buy 100+ potions. u r wearing 2mil+ costing gears(total).
    All my gear is from trading/selling pinks n chests from runs and im geared even thicker now.

Swapped rally fer hor as a side note for taunt
    Last edited by Raxin; 12-08-2012 at 07:47 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]