Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Black dragon vanity conversion, coming soon!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cobraguy View Post
    Hopefully this answers that, because I asked that very question.....
    Touche, my man.....touche....

You were just waiting for that weren't you? :suspicious:

This whole thing is starting to become rather complicated though. I've always been a believer of Occam's Razor, and this solution still seems neither simple nor elegant. Of course, I don't have a dragon set, nor do I expect to have one any time soon, so it doesn't really affect me. So to quote Seinfeld, "good luck with allllll that!"
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Touche, my man.....touche....

You were just waiting for that weren't you? :suspicious:
    [/b][/i]"
    That I was good sir....
    Now may I direct your attention at this next pic.....
    Techno, I hope you appreciate my being able to be even more mean than you....my name in game isnt Hate for nothing....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I've given up capping since mf.

So I have NO idea as to what all this stuff is about. O.o
    rhinomagic[/B]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

IMO, this is unethical business practices. It's bait and switch. Have people spend millions on dragon pieces then 200 plat on a pet then switch it out to a ring. I didn't want a ring, I already have a ring. If I do equip this dragon ring I'll have to I unequip my 10 damage, 2 dodge ring and will lose stats. Why is sts all of a sudden concerned about how toons look? I feel like this is a bait and switch and a ploy to introduce plat vanities and turn pl into a dl like vanity show. People won't buy plat vanities if they have dragon armor so make dragon armor a ring and then people will feel free to buy vanities. Which I don't mind except now I'll lose the stats I get from my existing ring. So, please refund my 200 plat and pay me 10 million for my dragon set.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    As you can see here the pet will be required to get the ring, all hope is not lost by spending the plat for a pet......

I have more info on the sets, but I like to be cruel too....
    So basically, I can just borrow my friend's dragon set, buy the pet for a few plat, and then I'll get the ring. Awesome. That won't make dragon sets worthless at all [/sarcasm].

I'm all for stat-less vanities, but this seems the very definition of a non-solution.
    And she said ring of valiant glory is required to craft it i dont have an ss sadly..but maybe hate caught it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Hopefully this answers that, because I asked that very question.....
    Very interesting... Kind of like crafting items like a glyphic blade steel. It has its value, but once you use it to craft it is gone. So for those of us who have multiple dragon sets, I guess there is no point in crafting more than one since you only need one ring. So you basically sacrifice one set for the ring, and then you can keep your other sets just as vanity and you can always sell these other sets at a later date.

I think a better idea would be to do this....

When you get a dragon items it looks like this: Blue Dragon Mystery Amor

Assuming you have the complete set with dragon pet, you can then craft it into a ring. Once you craft into a ring the above item will look like this in your inventory: Blue Dragon Mystery Armor -- it will be blue just like all the other vanity items, and the blue version can be traded (this way we can still sell the vanity portion) but the blue one cannot be used to craft a ring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skrapicoco View Post
    And she said ring of valiant glory is required to craft it i dont have an ss sadly..but maybe hate caught it
    What about the 2-vanity ring (instead of the 3-vanity ring)?? I can't imagine that she would make it so you need the better one.

And from what I have read so far, I don't think she is saying you need the elite ring to craft the dragon ring, but it sounds like instead if you happen to have the elite ring then you can combine it with your dragon ring so the stats are stacked. For those who don't have an elite ring, I wonder if they can combine it with a plat ring. Or alternatively, maybe someone with an elite ring and a plat ring should be able to combine both of those. I guess we will have to wait and see...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The more I think about this from an economic standpoint (i.e. will dragon vanities hold their value?), the more I like it. Part of the problem with dragon vanities is the ever increasing supply of them being farmed. This change will result in a decrease of the supply as many of them will be used to craft a ring. So I think that may cause an increase in price, especially if the stats bonus of the ring is even better than the current dragon set bonus, which Techno says will be the case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

So many of u are missing the point that this thread is about BLACK dragon which can't be farmed!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Its happening
    Get over it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skrapicoco View Post
    I sure did, see attached pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Very interesting... Kind of like crafting items like a glyphic blade steel. It has its value, but once you use it to craft it is gone. So for those of us who have multiple dragon sets, I guess there is no point in crafting more than one since you only need one ring. So you basically sacrifice one set for the ring, and then you can keep your other sets just as vanity and you can always sell these other sets at a later date.

I think a better idea would be to do this....

When you get a dragon items it looks like this: Blue Dragon Mystery Amor

Assuming you have the complete set with dragon pet, you can then craft it into a ring. Once you craft into a ring the above item will look like this in your inventory: Blue Dragon Mystery Armor -- it will be blue just like all the other vanity items, and the blue version can be traded (this way we can still sell the vanity portion) but the blue one cannot be used to craft a ring.
    This is exactly what I think will happen, although I'm still curious as to whether the "blue" version will still be tradeable as a vanity only.

What about the 2-vanity ring (instead of the 3-vanity ring)?? I can't imagine that she would make it so you need the better one.

And from what I have read so far, I don't think she is saying you need the elite ring to craft the dragon ring, but it sounds like instead if you happen to have the elite ring then you can combine it with your dragon ring so the stats are stacked. For those who don't have an elite ring, I wonder if they can combine it with a plat ring. Or alternatively, maybe someone with an elite ring and a plat ring should be able to combine both of those. I guess we will have to wait and see...
    This pic is Techno explaining why only the 3 piece ring is required for crafting. Seems like she thought of everything this time......Basically the question that was asked was your exact question, "Why wont it craft with the 2 piece ring"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

So what you're telling me is a lvl61 pvp twink with a 2 piece ring and dragon set is not gonna be happy about this.

Neither am I as I have only the 2 piece ring and have 2 dragon sets which I now won't be able to use to add stats as I currently do. I guess I won't be doing anymore pvp until I reach 81.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I guess I won't be doing anymore pvp until I reach 81.
    I don't see why not, its not like the stat change is only going to affect you personally, its universal, nobody will be able to use them in 61 pvp. You couldn't use a 2 piece vanity set plus a dragon set before the elite rings were made anyway. Can't make everybody happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I don't see why not, its not like the stat change is only going to affect you personally, its universal, nobody will be able to use them in 61 pvp. You couldn't use a 2 piece vanity set plus a dragon set before the elite rings were made anyway. Can't make everybody happy.
    I'm not 61 but was just mentioning that. I'm end game. As it is I have a small disadvantage that most end game pvp players have the 3 vanity ring and I only have the 2 vanity ring. Now they'll have the dragon bonus and I won't too. Both those things together mean a noticeable disadvantage. Furthermore, I believe this issue will cause only end game players with the 3 vanity ring to want dragon sets. Even if you have no vanity ring the difference between dragon bonus and a plat ring is small that it wouldn't pay to spend the money in dragon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

So, if I'm understanding this, crafting this dragon ring will require one of the cap rings? And since you can only craft it once, it's kinda stupid to craft it with the 2-piece ring? And therefore dragon sets will really only be useful to players with the 3-piece elite cap ring?

Someone explain to me why that makes any sense whatsoever.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Take it back u ruined it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default Black dragon vanity conversion, coming soon!

Pl has gone down the drain... This game needs BIIIGGGG change.... My favorite game destroyed by greed..
    PL (DEADBITE L.75 bird UGOTSNIPEDDD L.66 bird NIFECALEDLUST L.55)
    AL (DEADBITE L.16 warrior TENDENCIES L.16 rogue SWANSONGS L.16 mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default Black dragon vanity conversion, coming soon!

Wait I just realized If I were I craft a set... I would lose the use of my 7 amour 2dodge ring???? How about you give us options!!! Let us keep the set bonus if decide if we decide not to craft! Don't ruin it for us who have not capped and wanna keep the use of our rings!
    PL (DEADBITE L.75 bird UGOTSNIPEDDD L.66 bird NIFECALEDLUST L.55)
    AL (DEADBITE L.16 warrior TENDENCIES L.16 rogue SWANSONGS L.16 mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deadbite:861791
    pl has gone down the drain... This game needs biiigggg change.... My favorite game destroyed by greed..
    i strongly agree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

That I was good sir....
    Now may I direct your attention at this next pic.....
    Techno, I hope you appreciate my being able to be even more mean than you....my name in game isnt Hate for nothing....
    That's me. oo