Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How Reporting has become useless.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default How Reporting has become useless.

I've noticed STS doesn't take action to scammers or anyone actually. I have reported numerous people selling accounts with screenshots , and I still see them on constantly. Had incidents where a "player" pretended to be a Admin and even threaten to have me banned in-game and they haven't done anything about it.

Don't try and tell us that you take it "very seriously" when you clearly don't. If a screenshot of constant offense doesn't do anything, then what's the point? or tell us to message you on "Support" when you can't even reply back to my messages when I actually needed help with a question I had.
    I thought they'll actually do something, but haven't. I for one will not report anyone anymore. Thought I was helping the community of SL, but when the people that enforce the rules just throw it aside, then why bother.

Pretty sure many of you have had such incidents as well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Babbare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Lmao so true someone took my friends acount but, we tricked the person who,stole his acount and got it back for him, pretty much the members are doing more then the "support" part of s.t.s so might as well take away the report button its useless
    Zodiarck L51 engineer
    Proud Phoenix

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zodiarck For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiarck View Post
    Lmao so true someone took my friends acount but, we tricked the person who,stole his acount and got it back for him, pretty much the members are doing more then the "support" part of s.t.s so might as well take away the report button its useless
    Thank you! I completely agree with you, and I'm glad you and your friend got it back. I had three people Private Message me asking to sell their accounts, and I would normally screen shot it, and then report them, but I'm done with that. Just said "nty" and let them carry on with their day. If people can get away daily for scamming others for 200k or selling accounts then I'll just let them. I'll start reporting again when it comes serious.

The players of SL really are the "support" in the game. I get more answers in a question that only lets me type like two sentences worth than writing a paragraph to support asking them a question. That's pathetic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

I bet you would get an aswer or someone banned straight away if this happend in AL ;-)
    That's where all the attention is from the devs, mods ect.
    Nobody is watching SL anymore it seems. We are free to pillage and pirate the halls of Blackstar lol. It's become One man for himself.
    Dark dangerous times in these scorn filled war.
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

i already reported 2 guys who said that they sell accounts.. nothing happened..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Lol. I understand if a stupid report gets ignored. For example *flasback music* i was doin runs to get a nova cuz i wanted a pvp com(infected deck hasn't even come out yet) so of course i was using a miner. So i go to this game, we defeat the mysterious figure, then i get my nova drop. Then the host of the game confronted me n said i either o him 150k or a new nova, so we get into bug argument reported me n nothing.
    Sl- Evilgenesis l46 Evilgenesisx l46 Xevilgenesisx l45
    Al- Evilgenesis l11
    ALSO MY GUESS IS 164 EVILGENESIS IS THE ACCOUNT!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    317 Posts

You guys need to understand this.If 1 person reports another person,it is not looked into as closely.But if others report the same person then they look into it more and more.If they see that it is a problem because so many people have reported on it,they will look into it and fix the problemSo if you report someone,ask your friends to report him/her too.Tell them the reason and bam,another report.Soon it will be looked into closely.Though there are certain things that cannot be fixed.If you give an item,whether the player promised to give it back.You cannot get it back.You clicked the give button.You could try reasoning with the player but considering the scammers in the community that won't happen.Same thing goes with the trade box.If you clicked the CONFIRM button,you have showed that you agree to the trade.STS does not fix trade disputes.Another thing.If you give your account info to someone else,you cannot get it back.In fact if you report someone for taking stuff from your account you will be banned too.If you read the ToS or those little word phrase things when you go to your inventory and stuff,it says to never give you're account away.And if you report someone for stealing your account,but you gave the information.You are banned.I'm not sure if the other player is banned though.Anyways thats it!

~Jblazer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jblazer View Post
    You guys need to understand this.If 1 person reports another person,it is not looked into as closely.But if others report the same person then they look into it more and more.If they see that it is a problem because so many people have reported on it,they will look into it and fix the problemSo if you report someone,ask your friends to report him/her too.Tell them the reason and bam,another report.Soon it will be looked into closely.Though there are certain things that cannot be fixed.If you give an item,whether the player promised to give it back.You cannot get it back.You clicked the give button.You could try reasoning with the player but considering the scammers in the community that won't happen.Same thing goes with the trade box.If you clicked the CONFIRM button,you have showed that you agree to the trade.STS does not fix trade disputes.Another thing.If you give your account info to someone else,you cannot get it back.In fact if you report someone for taking stuff from your account you will be banned too.If you read the ToS or those little word phrase things when you go to your inventory and stuff,it says to never give you're account away.And if you report someone for stealing your account,but you gave the information.You are banned.I'm not sure if the other player is banned though.Anyways thats it!

~Jblazer
    You sound like a dev o.O they brainwashed you? o.O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

~Jblazer
    So, you lie and report someone, then lie to your friends and they report the person on a lie, and the person gets banned on a lie? Hmmm
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

They take reports seriously; whether you believe me or not, they do.

This is what devs look for in a report:

• valid reason
    • if its a scam (nothing to do with trade windows)
    - exception: Someone selling an account, you "buy it" and get scammed. The dev might get you in trouble too, but that's where they do "more about it" if it's a trade issue.
    • no spam reports
    - small/no detail reports tend to not catch the attention of the support team as much.
    • give as much detail as possible
    • screenies
    -always help a lot, it saves them the trouble of having to go back through the chat logs.

Also, 1 very detailed report with screenies and the other things I listed is so much better than a bunch of detail-less reports.

Honestly, if you're not having what you want be done in your reports, the devs might not care as much for it. I reported someone, with screenies, cussing out my friend and using the N word. Nothing happened as far as I know, then again they don't tell you if something is done about it or not.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

~Jblazer

I agree with you to an extent, but when you clearly make the report as "Screen of Selling Accounts," and you have made almost 2 dozens report within a two week period, and you still see them on trying to sell a month later... Then yea. That's an issue. A mass report by people could do it, but that could be completely incident. I've had people say I'm a scammer for buying Blue Glass for 20k and then they see auction and it's for like 30k and want me to pay them the full amount. I was merching and it's not my fault they didn't check, and he and a bunch of his friends tried to say I was a scammer and tried to ruin my reputation as a merchant. I believe I'm pretty trust worthy. I've had a guy that I didn't even know give me his Squid Buddy and trust me that I would transfer it to his other account. He instantly got it back when he got on. Not going to ruin steal 1.3m off someone and get banned or ruin my reputation when half the community sees me buying/selling things.

You can have a noob call someone like Urca, Ghostface, myself, and many others a scammer and get all his friends to report them, and bang. Too risky in my eyes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaonabiuibil View Post
    So, you lie and report someone, then lie to your friends and they report the person on a lie, and the person gets banned on a lie? Hmmm
    I'm sure I've been Reported loads of times...

For being too dang COOL!! B-)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995 View Post
    They take reports seriously; whether you believe me or not, they do.

This is what devs look for in a report:

• valid reason
    • if its a scam (nothing to do with trade windows)
    - exception: Someone selling an account, you "buy it" and get scammed. The dev might get you in trouble too, but that's where they do "more about it" if it's a trade issue.
    • no spam reports
    - small/no detail reports tend to not catch the attention of the support team as much.
    • give as much detail as possible
    • screenies
    -always help a lot, it saves them the trouble of having to go back through the chat logs.

Also, 1 very detailed report with screenies and the other things I listed is so much better than a bunch of detail-less reports.

Honestly, if you're not having what you want be done in your reports, the devs might not care as much for it. I reported someone, with screenies, cussing out my friend and using the N word. Nothing happened as far as I know, then again they don't tell you if something is done about it or not.
    With half a dozen screen shots of people saying they're selling accounts, and you still see them active? That's just wrong though. I take time to actually write a report with their name, and take a screenshoots and nothing gets done. I'm aware they tell you "We can't tell you what happens to others please, stays private," but when you see them in Blackstar still trying to sell or just walking around a MONTH later... Then you know they didn't do anything.

Had a screenshot of a guy posing as an admin and treating to have me BANNED. Saying I'm in serious trouble. I even went on the Support site on the website to report him, and nothing has happened to him. I just saw him walking around blackstar, and I asked him why he did it. His response was " I thought it was funny." Like are you joking with me?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

This is why there should be a "report for selling guilds/characters" button among the other ones.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchturbo View Post
    I bet you would get an aswer or someone banned straight away if this happend in AL ;-)
    That's where all the attention is from the devs, mods ect.
    Nobody is watching SL anymore it seems. We are free to pillage and pirate the halls of Blackstar lol. It's become One man for himself.
    Dark dangerous times in these scorn filled war.

Ohhh I completely agree. Guarantee this thread will be taken down most likely. Had one almost exactly like this and they removed it.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

This is why there should be a "report for selling guilds/characters" button among the other ones.
    Selling Guild I don't believe is too bad. Like if you're actually going to quit or go away for months then I can see that happening, but sell it to a guildmate or something or give it away. I'm more bias on the idea of the guild trading off then the accounts trading off. If someone scams someone from a guild buy/sell then they're literally killing all their reputation. Word spreads fast in our community.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Babbare View Post
    Selling Guild I don't believe is too bad. Like if you're actually going to quit or go away for months then I can see that happening, but sell it to a guildmate or something or give it away. I'm more bias on the idea of the guild trading off then the accounts trading off. If someone scams someone from a guild buy/sell then they're literally killing all their reputation. Word spreads fast in our community.
    It's not too hard with the 4 of us that are left.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

aww out of Thanks lol *_*:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Could not agree more with you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Everytime a new s.t.s game gets released sl always gets ignored so I dont think this will ever be fixed, even if s.t.s does not realese a new game the attention goes on pl, lol sl just cant win for once
    Zodiarck L51 engineer
    Proud Phoenix