Thread: Is there any warrior skill build?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Is there any warrior skill build?

I need help... :/
    Pocket Legends - Ulqoirra (Lvl 75)
    Star Legends - Shadowdark (Lvl 45)
    Dark Legends - Ulquorra (Lvl 31)
    Arcane Legends - Ulquiorra (Lvl 30)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Are you trying to do some DPS or are you interested in a pure tank spec? If pure tank, I recommend using only one damage spell-Chest Splitter-and then getting both horns and Vengeance with taunt upgrade.
    Montanaguy (16 Warrior) [elite lvl cap: 16; 26; 31] / Montanaman (16 Mage) [16] / Montanadood (16 Rogue) [16]

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

I have a question. So a pure tank is just a damage absorber so mages and rogues can do the dps and a dps tank spams pots and deals dmg aswell as mage and rogue?

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

yes there are two types
    1. Pure tank - This is where you specifically get all the skills that buff you rather than the ones which deal damage.
    2. Tanky Dps - You have more damage skills rather than self-buffs (doesn't have to be all damage skills but could be 1 buff and three damage skills)
    From my experience in other MMOs, the Tanky Dps is usually described as a "bruiser" or "offtank" (League of Legends btw), and these terms just describe a semi-tank that can deal some damage but isn't extremely powerful like a glass cannon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

PL-lvl 76 Duper mage (main)
    AL- Hephaestus warrior (main), Duper Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    I have a question. So a pure tank is just a damage absorber so mages and rogues can do the dps and a dps tank spams pots and deals dmg aswell as mage and rogue?

Correct. It looks like there are very, very few pure tanks out there (guess people don't find them as fun and want to hit more) so I suspect the demand for them is quite high now for elite groups.
    Last edited by Montanabro; 11-21-2012 at 01:37 AM.
    Montanaguy (16 Warrior) [elite lvl cap: 16; 26; 31] / Montanaman (16 Mage) [16] / Montanadood (16 Rogue) [16]

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Montanabro For This Useful Post:

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Montanabro View Post
    Correct. It looks like there are very, very few pure tanks out there (guess people don't find them as fine and want to hit more) so I suspect the demand for them is quite high now for elite groups.
    Im kind of interested in being a big ol steak that gets pounded amd wont go down. I see too many dps tanks. Any ideas on what to do?

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

I read that, used it its fun but i kinda wanna be a meat slab

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Im kind of interested in being a big ol steak that gets pounded amd wont go down. I see too many dps tanks. Any ideas on what to do?

I was going to put this into a guide, but I'll give you a rough draft version here

-Chest Splitter plus top 1 upgrade and 3rd and 4th upgrade [charged to increase knockback chance from 30% to 50%] (Axe is single target and doesn’t always hit the target you want it to. Whirlwind is nice, but the 10 second cooldown can spell wipeout when you need to get a mob off an ally now. For these reasons I went for Chest Splitter and speced into knocking back allies up to 50% of the time as well as interrupting enemy windups. Moreover, this spell has the lowest CD of the attacks (3 seconds), so you’ll be able to hit more times and thus have more chances to interrupt and knock back foes from you or from fleeing allies.)
    -Rally Cry [charged bc high CD and expands to allies] plus top 3 upgrades (Solid skill. Boost the dodge and armor of you and your allies.)
    -Horn of Renew plus top 3 upgrades [charged to taunt]
    -Juggernaut plus top 1 upgrade and 4th upgrade [charged to taunt] (emergency button that also serves as emergency taunt once you have the 4th upgrade—nice! Unfortunately I haven’t been able to test this yet as I’m not quite at level 16.)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Montanabro For This Useful Post:

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

I was going to put this into a guide, but I'll give you a rough draft version here

-Chest Splitter plus top 1 upgrade and 3rd and 4th upgrade [charged to increase knockback chance from 30% to 50%] (Axe is single target and doesn’t always hit the target you want it to. Whirlwind is nice, but the 10 second cooldown can spell wipeout when you need to get a mob off an ally now. For these reasons I went for Chest Splitter and speced into knocking back allies up to 50% of the time as well as interrupting enemy windups. Moreover, this spell has the lowest CD of the attacks (3 seconds), so you’ll be able to hit more times and thus have more chances to interrupt and knock back foes from you or from fleeing allies.)
    -Rally Cry [charged bc high CD and expands to allies] plus top 3 upgrades (Solid skill. Boost the dodge and armor of you and your allies.)
    -Horn of Renew plus top 3 upgrades [charged to taunt]
    -Juggernaut plus top 1 upgrade and 4th upgrade [charged to taunt] (emergency button that also serves as emergency taunt once you have the 4th upgrade—nice! Unfortunately I haven’t been able to test this yet as I’m not quite at level 16.)
    Sweet! It seems fun ill try it out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Sweet! It seems fun ill try it out.

I like it a lot so far. Very hard for me to die. It's very slow going though if you don't have good DPS in your group.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

I like it a lot so far. Very hard for me to die. It's very slow going though if you don't have good DPS in your group.
    I could care less about time going through eventhough i like fast runs. It seems doing elite runs being a meat shield is better than dps since you have lvl 15+ with somewhat better gear than WT where you can run into any level sorta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

I'm running a support tank build.

Got Horn of Renew specced for a longer lasting AoE with the temporary shield and a taunt. Then i've got Rally Cry specced to AoE with a duration boost and a dodge self-buff. Then i've got 2 attack skills, Skyward Smash with increased range and a chance to stun and Windmill with increased range, damage, and duration.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lowlyspy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I see my draft build above was helpful to some folks--I'm glad!

I played around more tonight and discovered that that build didn't maintain aggro well enough--even with two taunts--because I wasn't doing enough DPS. In elite runs, this is deadly for the group. So after a few practice rounds on elite I've settled on this build. Even though I had to use a few more pots per boss fight, this build maintained aggro almost 100% and has the added benefit of doing decent DPS (great for group play and for soloing your dailies). Lots of tweaking, but the bottom line is that I ditched Rally Cry for Whirlwind and swapped Chest Splitter (which seemed bad at maintaining aggro--don't know why that would be) for Skyward Smash. More damage dealing, but, ironically, still a better tank for purposes of maintaining aggro. In other words, if you can't maintain aggro there's no point in having lots of defense.

-Whirlwind plus 1, 2, 3 [charged—either] (The 4th upgrade doesn’t seem worth the point—ensnaring a few targets shouldn’t be useful that often because you’ll be tanking them anyway and thus within melee range.)
    -Skyward Smash plus 1, 2, 3. [charged to increase range of damage]
    -Horn of Renew plus 1, 3, 4 [charged to taunt and pop 2-second shield] (The 2nd upgrade adds 1.5 seconds to the renewal, which is only one tick of health regeneration (or ~100 health)—not worth it relative to what you could get instead.)
    -Juggernaut plus 1, 2. [charged for taunt] (This is a close call between this skill and Rally Cry. The damage mitigation between the two isn’t that much even if it is applied differently, but I chose Jug because in the end, for tanking elites, maintaining aggro is everything and Jug gives us that emergency taunt. Also, the 10% armor of Rally Cry shouldn't help non-warriors that much. Finally, you really need to use 3 upgrades in Rally to make it worthwhile whereas you only need 2 for Jug.)

All this, of course, is subject to change. Any comments or suggestions welcome!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

+1 from all posted above.

but DPS warrior can tank too
    with good gears plus taunt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I agree Cero, but I also think that DPS is necessary. The taunts aren't as powerful as they tend to be in other MMORPGs, and of course you can only use them ever 15/45 seconds.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

I see my draft build above was helpful to some folks--I'm glad!

I played around more tonight and discovered that that build didn't maintain aggro well enough--even with two taunts--because I wasn't doing enough DPS. In elite runs, this is deadly for the group. So after a few practice rounds on elite I've settled on this build. Even though I had to use a few more pots per boss fight, this build maintained aggro almost 100% and has the added benefit of doing decent DPS (great for group play and for soloing your dailies). Lots of tweaking, but the bottom line is that I ditched Rally Cry for Whirlwind and swapped Chest Splitter (which seemed bad at maintaining aggro--don't know why that would be) for Skyward Smash. More damage dealing, but, ironically, still a better tank for purposes of maintaining aggro. In other words, if you can't maintain aggro there's no point in having lots of defense.

-Whirlwind plus 1, 2, 3 [charged—either] (The 4th upgrade doesn’t seem worth the point—ensnaring a few targets shouldn’t be useful that often because you’ll be tanking them anyway and thus within melee range.)
    -Skyward Smash plus 1, 2, 3. [charged to increase range of damage]
    -Horn of Renew plus 1, 3, 4 [charged to taunt and pop 2-second shield] (The 2nd upgrade adds 1.5 seconds to the renewal, which is only one tick of health regeneration (or ~100 health)—not worth it relative to what you could get instead.)
    -Juggernaut plus 1, 2. [charged for taunt] (This is a close call between this skill and Rally Cry. The damage mitigation between the two isn’t that much even if it is applied differently, but I chose Jug because in the end, for tanking elites, maintaining aggro is everything and Jug gives us that emergency taunt. Also, the 10% armor of Rally Cry shouldn't help non-warriors that much. Finally, you really need to use 3 upgrades in Rally to make it worthwhile whereas you only need 2 for Jug.)

All this, of course, is subject to change. Any comments or suggestions welcome!
    Cool thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Cool thanks!

Let me know how it works for you, and whether you have any suggestions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

i use vengefull blood instead of rally cry. y u need det wen hav a high armour nd health? u need crit nd dmg. so i use vengefull blood

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGunX View Post
    i use vengefull blood instead of rally cry. y u need det wen hav a high armour nd health? u need crit nd dmg. so i use vengefull blood
    There are good reasons to use both of these spells. People use armor and health to tank. The armor can also apply to your allies, whereas Vengeful applies only to the caster.