Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Battlefront 3. An old dream reborn?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Default Star Wars Battlefront 3. An old dream reborn?

When Battlefront 2 was released about 8 years ago, it was very fun along with the original Battlefront. People looked forward to the day that the third one would come out except... it never did. There was plans on making a third but never got out and it seemed that it would mean the end of an awesome game series.
    New things popped up, however, which included LucasArts being bought by Disney. One thing Disney is good at is having a lot of funds and releasing new stuff so now I'm having a new spark of hope that they take this new thing to make another Battlefront! I know it seems crazy because the last game is old in game views, but this sounds really possible!
    What do all of you think? Is there now more possibility that they can now make a third?

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Idk...

Would love to see BF3 but it seems the whole SW gamegenre is so focused on swtor that there might not be that many games in the near futire. But we'll c

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I love that game!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I still hope it comes out. Just imagine what it could look and be with the consoles we have today.
    I still love going around as the engineer. They were awesome in the first BF with the grenade launchers.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

To this day my friends and I still play Battlefront 2 all the time. I know the game has been tossed around like a hot potato for forever! It seems like there's constantly news on it, but it never amounts to anything. I honestly don't know if it will. You're right though about Disney. I sure hope another one would come out! That would be so legit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah:862833
    To this day my friends and I still play Battlefront 2 all the time. I know the game has been tossed around like a hot potato for forever! It seems like there's constantly news on it, but it never amounts to anything. I honestly don't know if it will. You're right though about Disney. I sure hope another one would come out! That would be so legit.
    The second is great. I wished they had some of the the maps the first had and flying vehicles in ground battles. Other than that, it never gets boring with conquest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    The second is great. I wished they had some of the the maps the first had and flying vehicles in ground battles. Other than that, it never gets boring with conquest.
    Agreed. Honestly, I've had more fun playing that than any modern fps games. Halo, MW, CoD...all great but still haven't had as much fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah:862959
    Agreed. Honestly, I've had more fun playing that than any modern fps games. Halo, MW, CoD...all great but still haven't had as much fun.
    What console do you have the Battlefronts on? PC has a mode called XL and basically puts 200 vs. 200 on the map lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I have a screenshot or two of how big it gets. I just love this mode.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

I loved that game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I've never played the first game but I have the 2nd, I liked the game. But if Disney makes the 3rd they are gonna put cartoonish characters I know how they are. They might not even have guns, lightsabers, or violence,no wonder they don't want violent shows

"There's more than meets the Eye"
    Star Legends: Zraorizer/TheHelper/TheHelperJr
    Dark Legends: Dragon
    Pocket Legends: Zraorizer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zraorizer:863579
    I've never played the first game but I have the 2nd, I liked the game. But if Disney makes the 3rd they are gonna put cartoonish characters I know how they are. They might not even have guns, lightsabers, or violence,no wonder they don't want violent shows
    Have you ever seen the Pirates of the Caribbean movies? That's a lot darker than Star Wars and Disney was involved.
    The first Battlefront has a lot of things that still makes it fun so you should try it out.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Cahaun; 11-23-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

What console do you have the Battlefronts on? PC has a mode called XL and basically puts 200 vs. 200 on the map lol.
    Yeah! I remember how awesome that was! I have PC and Xbox versions of both battlefront 1 and 2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Want to play the second online anytime? I have the second up and running. My IGN is Corr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

OMG good times... My best memories were when my brother and I were grinding for legendary weapons and trickshotting... Well, killing little noobs with Wompas were fun too !

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I had a person called Player 1 join my conquest session and I kept killing him. Made me sad everytime I put a bolt through his head and won when his side still had over 100 in the reinforcement bar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleleg:864358
    OMG good times... My best memories were when my brother and I were grinding for legendary weapons and trickshotting... Well, killing little noobs with Wompas were fun too !
    The rebels are the wompas' favorite toys. Hit one and they go flying far far away!
    Me and my brother are rivals in the second ever since I accidentally sent him into the lava in Mustafar. He just got the hero so he wasn't so happy lol.

I'm the guy with my hand on your shoulder
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Battlefront was fun but after playing halo i kept getting frustrated not being able to whack my enemies using the melee button lol
    O Hai Der

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TEOKILLO View Post
    Battlefront was fun but after playing halo i kept getting frustrated not being able to whack my enemies using the melee button lol
    That's the one thing I always wish BF had!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

The rebels are the wompas' favorite toys. Hit one and they go flying far far away!
    Me and my brother are rivals in the second ever since I accidentally sent him into the lava in Mustafar. He just got the hero so he wasn't so happy lol.
    Was he Anakin Skywalker lmao? And my favorite hero... Well, I liked playing Darth Vader on Hoth because I could choke noobs

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.