Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easy Solution for Major Dragon Crafting Issue! (DEVS: PLEASE READ)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Easy Solution for Major Dragon Crafting Issue! (DEVS: PLEASE READ)

Major problems exist with the latest dragon crafting update, which affects a number of players. Those of us who have not yet earned the Ring of Valiant Glory, but who have earned the Ring of Valiance, have had our dragon set bonuses taken away from us since we cannot equip both the Ring of Valiance and the dragon ring at the same time, nor are we able to combine both rings into a single ring as those with the Ring of Valiant Glory can.

Players who do not have either elite vanity ring are affected as well, since they cannot use both their plat-purchased ring and a dragon ring at the same time.

The following solution addresses both issues and I think should make everyone happy who falls into either of the above groups:

1) Add another crafting option to the 5 dragon crafting NPCs to make a "XXX Dragon Ring of Valiance" (XXX = the color), which combines the Ring of Valiance and the dragon ring into a single ring -- same as the "XXX Dragon Ring of Valiant Glory", but with slightly reduced stats matching the difference between the 2 elite vanity rings.

2) Currently if you equip 3 elite vanities and visit the Fallen Prince, he gives you a Ring of Valiant Glory. Leave this option the same, but additionally from now on if you equip 3 elite vanities along with the "XXX Dragon Ring of Valiance", the prince awards you with the "XXX Dragon Ring of Valiant Glory". So he basically "upgrades" your combo dragon ring from the 2-elite vanity type to the 3-elite vanity type, while keeping the dragon bonus the same.

3) We all have 2 hands (and many fingers), so of course we can wear 2 rings instead of 1. So add a new ring slot which is specifically for plat rings only. So anyone can wear a plat ring in addition to an elite/dragon ring.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

I agree that it should be possible to craft with ring of valiance glory and u could have 2 ring slots, one for elite rings and one for plat rings.

I disagree with "upgrading" ring of valiance to ring of valiant glory. They are completely different rings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Wow I just found out the green dragon set is broken...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?76521-Dragon-set-sparkles

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?76510-I-need-INFO!-Please-click-this-THREAD!
    Last edited by Aqp (A Quarter Pounder); 11-24-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Another one of these threads? At least it's a major issue

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Lol...here's the way to solve all this ring crap. Dragon vanities shoud've never had stats in the first place, neither should've elite vanities. Vanities are suppose to be vanities. I say remove every single ring that has to do with dragon and elite's. Leave the sparkles as they are for dragon and 2 peice to 3 peice sparkles. Give us something else instead of these rings. Special access to dungeons or whatever. Just take away all these rings! So complicated and stressing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomecide View Post
    Lol...here's the way to solve all this ring crap. Dragon vanities shoud've never had stats in the first place, neither should've elite vanities. Vanities are suppose to be vanities. I say remove every single ring that has to do with dragon and elite's. Leave the sparkles as they are for dragon and 2 peice to 3 peice sparkles. Give us something else instead of these rings. Special access to dungeons or whatever. Just take away all these rings! So complicated and stressing.
    Too late for that. People planned themselves based on the assumptions that these vanities had stats. Some people capped at 66 for no other reason than because they wanted the elite vanity bonus. Some people like myself spent 25m+ on a single dragon set for no other reason than the set stat bonus. Many of us spent real money to buy plat in order to make this happen. You cannot do a bait and switch like that. The only thing that would accomplish is to make sure nobody ever buys plat or puts any real effort into achieving anything big in this game for fear it would simply be removed at a later date.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    I disagree with "upgrading" ring of valiance to ring of valiant glory. They are completely different rings.
    So what then for someone who has the ring of valiance, but not the ring of valiant glory? Last week I had the bonus from both my ring of valiance and my dragon set. And this week my dragon set bonus is gone.

What if this player is a lvl61 PVP twink with the ring of valiance, and what if he spent a ton of plat on luck elixirs while farming a gold dragon set and spent 2000 plat on getting Mitas just so he would have the set bonus? How is that fair to a player such as the one I just described?

The goal of my solution posted above is to return everyone's stats to what they were before the update, while keeping the general idea that the stats are in rings instead of the vanities themselves.

BTW, this solution also solves an issue that many complained about when the elite vanity rings were introduced, which was that those with elite vanities could no longer have the elite vanity bonus and wear a plat ring like they used to before that update. With this solution even that issue is addressed/fixed.

Also, this should benefit STS as well, since people will still buy plat rings now that you can stack that bonus as well, and more people will continue to want to reach level caps and farm for dragon sets since all these bonuses can stack for everyone.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 11-24-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

I thought STS got the idea to make the dragon stats as they were in the vanities and put them into a ring, NOT MAKE IT BETTER. But if you're saying what I think you are, then yes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think maybe you should read what I wrote again. I'm not suggesting that everyone with the ring of valiance should simply get an upgrade to the ring of valiant glory. I'm saying that if you have the ring of valiance and you already combined it with your dragon ring, and now you earn your 3rd elite vanity, when you get your ring of valiant glory you should have your dragon set bonus from your ring of valiance upgraded to the new ring as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomecide View Post
    I thought STS got the idea to make the dragon stats as they were in the vanities and put them into a ring, NOT MAKE IT BETTER. But if you're saying what I think you are, then yes.
    Yeah, I hear you. I think they made it slightly better so that nobody would complain about the update. Keep in mind this whole crafting thing is still a negative as it removes your ability to ever sell your dragon set in the future as it now becomes bound to your character forever.

Prior to the update, I could spent a fortune on a dragon set, wear it for my set bonus, and then sell it next month to get my gold back. Now that is no longer an option. If I want the stats, I must give up my chance to ever sell it. That is a major negative. So the reason for the stat upgrade was supposed to be to show people that this change is actually a good thing. In that respect I think it worked. But the only people who were satisfied were those who had the ring of valiant glory since their dragon stats could be stacked with their elite ring. Those with plat rings or the ring of valiance were left out of the party since they now had to choose between the two bonuses they previously could wear together. I'm just offering a fix for that so that everyone is now included.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I think maybe you should read what I wrote again. I'm not suggesting that everyone with the ring of valiance should simply get an upgrade to the ring of valiant glory. I'm saying that if you have the ring of valiance and you already combined it with your dragon ring, and now you earn your 3rd elite vanity, when you get your ring of valiant glory you should have your dragon set bonus from your ring of valiance upgraded to the new ring as well.

I think maybe you should read what I wrote again.

2) Currently if you equip 3 elite vanities and visit the Fallen Prince, he gives you a Ring of Valiant Glory. Leave this option the same, but additionally from now on if you equip 3 elite vanities along with the "XXX Dragon Ring of Valiance", the prince awards you with the "XXX Dragon Ring of Valiant Glory". So he basically "upgrades" your combo dragon ring from the 2-elite vanity type to the 3-elite vanity type, while keeping the dragon bonus the same.
    As a smart and thoughtful forum member I assumed u would understand that as I used word "upgrade" u knew I was talking about ur 2) "problem".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

As a smart and thoughtful forum member I assumed u would understand that as I used word "upgrade" u knew I was talking about ur 2) "problem".
    Yes, I did know. I'm not sure why you have a problem with #2.

But what then do you think should happen to players who have the ring of valiance and a dragon set? They lose their dragon set bonus when they get their 3rd elite vanity and get a ring of valiant glory? I'm trying to offer a fix for that so that they can transfer their dragon bonus to their new ring. Why is that bad?
    Last edited by Energizeric; 11-24-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Wow, I expected everyone to post "great idea! I hope they do this". I've read all the people complaining, and my solutions solves the issues for everyone who has complained. I'm not sure what else you could want. :/

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Yes, I did know. I'm not sure why you have a problem with #2.

But what then do you think should happen to players who have the ring of valiance and a dragon set? They lose their dragon set bonus when they get their 3rd elite vanity and get a ring of valiant glory? I'm trying to offer a fix for that so that they can transfer their dragon bonus to their new ring. Why is that bad?
    It's bad 'cause it wouldn't make sense. As if I had a lvl 75 crafted set and as lvl 75-81 campaign comes, I could convert my lvl 75 set to lvl 80 set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

It's bad 'cause it wouldn't make sense. As if I had a lvl 75 crafted set and as lvl 75-81 campaign comes, I could convert my lvl 75 set to lvl 80 set.
    If we follow that logic then I shouldn't be able to use the same elite vanities to get the ring of valiant glory as I used for the ring of valiance. I would have to earn 3 more elite vanities since the 2 I used for the ring of valiance are already "used up". After all, it's a different ring, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

edited. Ditto with what Energizeric said ^^^^^

The way the dragon crafting is set up now simply rewards all the players with 3 cap vanities/valiant glory ring, while leaving everyone else in an even worse spot since they don't have their dragon stats anymore. Rather than being a solution, this whole plan for the dragon sets actually made the bonus stat "issue" much worse than before IMO, and I agree some steps need to be made to make it more balanced.
    Last edited by McBain; 11-24-2012 at 09:19 PM.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think I don't want to hear anymore criticism from those who are simply jealous and don't want other people's concerns addressed. Please do post however if you have a concern of your own, that affects your character's stats directly. I want to hear from anyone who thinks my solution here does NOT address an issue they have with their toon that is related to the dragon set bonuses or the elite vanity bonuses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wow, I expected everyone to post "great idea! I hope they do this". I've read all the people complaining, and my solutions solves the issues for everyone who has complained. I'm not sure what else you could want. :/
    How sts feels ^^ lol, I like the ideas btw especially the one about multiple ring slots.
    With the update my bears stats got worse and I feel like I wasted 10 plat or however much my ring was. Same goes with my neglected plat rings on my Mage and bird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Wow, I expected everyone to post "great idea! I hope they do this". :/
    Great idea! I hope they do this!