Thread: Item-combination

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Default Item-combination

i really hate to see how i can't get rid of some pink categories like 'legend', or even other items!

you could fuse pinks/any item to get a better one (though only like 1%-5% chance of it working)

/// 3 items of same rarity (any)
    = 1-3% chance of special item (any item deemed of one level higher in importance arranged by a program)
    ---if say more dex items in the 3 items, then dex special. if all different, random

/// 3 items of same category and rarity (legend, conqueror, osiris, robbers, crocs, you get the idea)
    = 3-4% chance of super item (of that category) say like x1.25 stats OR damage (both overkill). xIsisx would be 10% dodge and 7-8H/s
    ---if say two scarab bows of three items, then will be scarab bow. otherwise random powered item between offered.

/// 3 of same item (three thoth plasmas, woot! or three rusty swords, hey)
    = 3-4% chance of L33T item. x1.5 stats OR damage (both is overkill). XIsisX would be 12% dodge and 9H/s

if you fail then u lose all three items. that would probably stop people from risking a UBER THOTH DARK MATTER WOOT!! but definitely help out giving those less desirable items a new life.

also, dont say tldnr. thats mah style
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I don't like it for one reason. It would mean PvP was dominated by people with the current uberweapon triple melded with itself, or like something with a triple proc combination (you didn't discuss how that would work). I think the devs have made the very best items hard enought to get. I wish they would make rush farming impossible, but we'll have to see. If it was 3 times as difficult to obtain the items you would essentially need to compete in PvP, I think a lot of people would be very frustrated.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

lol l33t l33t uber weapon melded with itself... so you would need (to have this and lets say toth talon) 3 talons, * 3 xtalonx, * 3 XtalonX, * 3 XxXtalonXxX and then you would have that XyZTALONWOOTZyX. i recon thats 81 thoth talons with 0 failures... come on!
    name one person with 81 of any one good item.

maybe a single allowance of combination, no combining fused items. funny though!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    lol l33t l33t uber weapon melded with itself... so you would need (to have this and lets say toth talon) 3 talons, * 3 xtalonx, * 3 XtalonX, * 3 XxXtalonXxX and then you would have that XyZTALONWOOTZyX. i recon thats 81 thoth talons with 0 failures... come on!
    name one person with 81 of any one good item.

maybe a single allowance of combination, no combining fused items. funny though!
    No I just meant, people who had a Triple Thoth Talon, or a Triple Zuraz Lance would be unbeatable in PvP. So yeah at first this would suck because just a few people would dominate. Then it would further suck because rush farming is tedious, but people will do it if necessary, and I guarantee it would result in a situation where anyone with something less than a triple meld of the top item in the game would not be able to compete in PvP. If this were to happen, the bonuses would have to be much smaller, or the weapons would have to be unusable in PvP.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Item crafting not combining, foo.
    Also, buy 20 plates, wow 2400 armor I am 1337 41n7 1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

cry you confuse me.

though i can see about the pvp... even though it would be like only one dude who would actually be able to farm up all the thoth talons (counting for the dozen failures of a 3% chance) and get the item...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So u get or lose the item?
    Maybe you can only try once?
    IGN: Skellerkrunch(50), Hawkrobin(50), Magiclegends(50), Oktal(45), Bladesword(45), mamccroc(35) Plothozz(30), Lechomp(20), Oktal (20), Monseiurlebow(20), Tharef(20), Smackolantern(19),

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

exactly, if you fail the combination you lose all three items. it's only like a 3% chance... basically you broke them lool