Thread: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Well, here is a thread where you guys can post about the things that really grind your gears in this game. I've done this for many other MMOs I've played and the turn out was pretty good.

So I'll start it off,

You know what really grinds my gears? people complaining about the classes be OP, when we all know they aren't -.-
    oh and the fact that the best gear is around 800k a pop -.- I barely have 220k myself...
    IGN: Linthar
    Guild: Chivalrous Union, Proud Officer
    Level: 26

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

What really grinds my gears is how gold is not that easy to get unless you merch all day which I loathe doing.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sirtibby View Post
    What really grinds my gears is how gold is not that easy to get unless you merch all day which I loathe doing.
    Game has not been out long enough to be able to truly merch. Wealth is currently being bought with plat. Only way people were buying Trollbane's for 500k after 5 days.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

You can make a steady income off merch, but to get up to the high 100s of thousands you'd need to find some lucky steals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

The high n low of the golden chest so happy when i get it only to find junk inside , hate this drop system!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I made a lot of money from drops, just farm a lot and farm the right places.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DataPunk View Post
    I made a lot of money from drops, just farm a lot and farm the right places.
    ur name should b "Luckypunk" lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

My guild got 5 members blight yesterday, just dont give up after 30 minutes. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linthar View Post
    Well, here is a thread where you guys can post about the things that really grind your gears in this game.
    Short version:
    Bad random runs

Long version:
    You are only 3 hauntlet coins short for a new pet. So you think, wth, I'll just do some random runs, that will do. You go to the upper hauntlet - and find an empty game. Yes! Solo run! With an arrow you break down the barrier and step into the first room. With a charged arrow you one shot the first witch. Yes. This will be a smooth ride. You slice through the first room like a sharp knife, three powerful leaps and you face witch #2. You charge your bow again - Suddenly text apears in your vision:

Player 2 has entered the zone
    Player 3 has entered the zone
    Player 4 has entered the zone

Oh well. You see three generic user names with the numbers 14, 14 and 15 next to them. You decide to stay optimistic, it's an mmo after all. While you slash through the waves of spawning mobs and spam health pots like they are free you see player 2 enter the room. He moves his majestic warrior toon to your mob pile - and further to the closed next barrier - to start wielding his giant axe at the door. You would love to tell him that this wont work but you can't stop spamming health.
    Fortunately player 3 doesn't attack the door, quite the opposite. He stays at the very beginning of the room to fight a lonely single mob there. Faszinating how he doesn't seem to have skills leveled as he only uses his shiny sword.
    And player 4? You will never know how he looks like as he will stay in the start zone all the time.

Somehow you manage to clean the first room, and even the second one too. You've had 50 health pots and 75 mana pots so far, and somehow both player 2 and 3 must have an anti aggro skill. At boss you spam all your skills and pots simultaneously. Player 2 dies and stays down til boss is dead. Player 3 uses the boss fight time to run back to the last room to check for loot. Player 4 wakes up and writes "Wait".

You solo the boss and run to the exit. With a final leap you reach the barrier.

3:31.688
    No coin.

You stand in the cannon room and think about punching your phone as the chat log says

Player 2 received Silver Chest
    Player 3 received Golden Chest

Yeah loot! you remember and go back into the last room, only to find the green warrior helm that has dropped there for you.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaodtes:867480
    Quote Originally Posted by Linthar View Post
    Well, here is a thread where you guys can post about the things that really grind your gears in this game.
    Short version:
    Bad random runs

Long version:
    You are only 3 hauntlet coins short for a new pet. So you think, wth, I'll just do some random runs, that will do. You go to the upper hauntlet - and find an empty game. Yes! Solo run! With an arrow you break down the barrier and step into the first room. With a charged arrow you one shot the first witch. Yes. This will be a smooth ride. You slice through the first room like a sharp knife, three powerful leaps and you face witch #2. You charge your bow again - Suddenly text apears in your vision:

Oh well. You see three generic user names with the numbers 14, 14 and 15 next to them. You decide to stay optimistic, it's an mmo after all. While you slash through the waves of spawning mobs and spam health pots like they are free you see player 2 enter the room. He moves his majestic warrior toon to your mob pile - and further to the closed next barrier - to start wielding his giant axe at the door. You would love to tell him that this wont work but you can't stop spamming health.
    Fortunately player 3 doesn't attack the door, quite the opposite. He stays at the very beginning of the room to fight a lonely single mob there. Faszinating how he doesn't seem to have skills leveled as he only uses his shiny sword.
    And player 4? You will never know how he looks like as he will stay in the start zone all the time.

Somehow you manage to clean the first room, and even the second one too. You've had 50 health pots and 75 mana pots so far, and somehow both player 2 and 3 must have an anti aggro skill. At boss you spam all your skills and pots simultaneously. Player 2 dies and stays down til boss is dead. Player 3 uses the boss fight time to run back to the last room to check for loot. Player 4 wakes up and writes "Wait".

No coin.

You stand in the cannon room and think about punching your phone as the chat log says

Yeah loot! you remember and go back into the last room, only to find the green warrior helm that has dropped there for you.
    Good story bro. I felt myself getting angrier and angrier!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

#1 - People who sit at Bael and just attack him with his shield up and fail to even notice this does nothing and they probably should kill the things that spawned.

#2 - Rogues and Warriors who in Elite maps don't manage their skills well and end up smash hammering or shooting an arrow 50000 miles away and come running back to show you how awesome they are with the agro.

#3 - Characters who have either just reached 15 or 16 and think they are uber powerful now and they discovered this thing called elite maps and just go charging in. I have seen mages/rogues on Elite Village and also Rooks Nest just go charging right up to Jarl or Bael like they some powerhouse.

#4 - People with pets that they can't manage and let wander all around elite maps pulling agro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaodtes View Post
    Short version:
    Bad random runs

Long version:

No coin.

I'd be pissed... That's why I always usually run with my guild lol. Then I'm not usually as mad, and I don't end up soloing the boss.
    IGN: Linthar
    Guild: Chivalrous Union, Proud Officer
    Level: 26

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Grind my gears when everytime im going to a different zone especially rooks nest, when the loading dog shows up its gonna stop running then my fone will vibrate twice and VOILA!!
    FORCE CLOSE!!

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

What grinds my gears:
    Plat costs more while buying you less... And the devs say it's to keep pace with what other games are charging.
    Testament: 41 Engineer
    Pwnie Czar/Founding Member-Sparkling Pwnies

Gravity is a myth... the Earth sucks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Grinds my gears, people not using there guild tittle to rep who the are with there should be a prefix be four aloweing you to change tittle but guild tag should always be seen