Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: High damage build for discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default High damage build for discussion

Just want to share my high damage build. It is not necessarily great, just want to seek opinions on it. My crit rate and damage is so high that I can outaggro any good tanks during boss fight.

1. Stats at lvl 16

26 str and 60 dex

2. Skill Distribution at lvl 16

Shadow Piercer - 4 (Except multiple low dmg)
    Aimed Shot - 5
    Shadow Veil - 4 (Except Combusting decay)
    Combat Medic - 2

3. Items to get
    Mainly dmg and str items to raise my pathetic health. My weapon is mighty lifesteal of potency for dmg as a reference.

4. Pets
    Any pets that adds crit. I love horton and granite cos of the mana regen.

5. Gameplay

This build is centered around high dex, aimed shot and pets. During boss fight, keep spamming aimed shots. By tapping (not charging) this skill, aimed shots could increase my crit rate up to 55% with pet horton.

The added damage by shadow veil is very significant as well. Managed to achieve ~850 dmg with critical aimed shot, and ~300 dmg critical normal hit.

My Evaluation

My health is only around 650 with slightly above average items. The fact that I can out aggro tanks easily makes me more prone to dying of course. My mana is low, but I have lots of mage friends who can replenish them easily. It is a fun high dmg build.

What do you guys think about this?
    Last edited by feewhale; 11-27-2012 at 08:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Reading the rogue forum, I realized that there are many people who complained about the lack of mana and pumped int instead.

I would really recommend horton. The passive mana regen and active skills that adds int replaces the need for pot. I rarely use any mana pot and manage to spam decently even without my mage friends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Hey there,

Can't say I've had much experience at the high end, but just wondering what skill in shadow veil adds damage?

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

I use a kote dmg build. Full dex and i max noxious bolt and aimed shot then health packs. I drop enemies pretty fast

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nenjih - After the recent patch, shadow absorption has been changed to +15% dmg to you and your allies. Too good to give it a miss imo.

Razerfingers - What's a kote dmg build? Your build sounds really interesting. I assume that you have fantastic equips to compensate for your lack of strength. Do you have to spam mana pots?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to feewhale For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

You stated combat medics 2 but could you mention which of the 4 did you pick?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Oh, I picked self heal. This is so that I can run while healing (kinda like a save pot skill)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

[QUOTE=feewhale;870485]Nenjih - After the recent patch, shadow absorption has been changed to +15% dmg to you and your allies. Too good to give it a miss imo.

QUOTE]

Wow awesome! I was wondering why more rogues were spamming shadow bombs all of a sudden. The original shadow absorption was bugged and did absolutely nothing.

Does it stack with the +10% dmg from Nox bolt?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Maybe useful for a discussion about your high damage build: What's your damage? (DPS on char page/ Aimed shot skill page damage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Um high damage means pure dex. That's my character and I'm a running executioner. Skills are total preference to aoe or single target.

-Vys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post
    Um high damage means pure dex. That's my character and I'm a running executioner. Skills are total preference to aoe or single target.

-Vys
    what are your health and damage without pet?
    Last edited by Godkiu; 11-28-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Should consider nox bolt. Each second of poison adds 10% more damage.
    Ign - Who -- My guess is 1837.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My rogue is lvl 16, her name is Meredy, my stats are 43 str 220 dex 43 int.. Damage is 179.0..
    Skills are as follows: Aimed shot level 5, Noxious Bolt level 4 Smoke bomb lvl 3 Sword shield lvl 2.. This gives me Crit and dmg bonuses for aimed shot, extra 3 seconds of poison, aoe damage and with my bomb it ghives my whole team 15% extra damage for 8 seconds... My pet is mailson, so coupled with 15% dodge for whole party for 8 seconds also, this is a pretty mean build, before rogues got buffed I was critting on elite Jarl, upwards of 600+ to a max 891.. Now with my damage at 179, I have seen crits of 1149, even 1400.. The key to doing this is quick cast noxious and aimed first, Then pop your bomb and AoE shield, And charged aim shot quick cast noxious, rinse and repeat.. Your crit wont drop below 30% and your dodge will be at 35% - 60% at all times.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MeredyKwikee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

People you suck , to have maximum damage must have high dexterity , dps doesn't really matter , bonus damage does = 10 dex 10% bonus , items to be cool atm is agile heartseekers of brutality , agile helm , armor , ring , jewel , accessories must have dex and damage 3.3-3.7 dex 18-21 , if your able to afford this cool stuff your critical with aimed is over 1100 , pet daily bird 20 dex 10 crit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmspker:872542
    People you suck , to have maximum damage must have high dexterity , dps doesn't really matter , bonus damage does = 10 dex 10% bonus , items to be cool atm is agile heartseekers of brutality , agile helm , armor , ring , jewel , accessories must have dex and damage 3.3-3.7 dex 18-21 , if your able to afford this cool stuff your critical with aimed is over 1100 , pet daily bird 20 dex 10 crit
    Stop saying you suck to people and making things up.I have played with you, in the same guild as a matter of fact. You have 90 less damage than me, and I rarely do 1k+ with that, you do not do 1k+. Tired of the attitude...

If you want to rage on me ingame, ign is who. Feel free.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mike1298 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmspker View Post
    Learn paragraphs please and please respect other people's opinions.

We don't suck just because we use different builds, use common sense

Gold iPad Air 2 Mini 64GB Wifi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did a half and half...strength and health...mana and damage
    Health is around 1.1k
    Strength 99
    Damage 73.0
    I did shadow piercer,noxious bolt,aimed shot,and the dagger storm thing
    In-game name is Asikraa

Username:Asikraa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Your just not smart enough learn how to play in party to do such stuffs your must have another rogue with smoke your ridiculous complains makes me sick , one guild doesn't mean we are friends or something it more support , if i able deal 815 with 178%+- 103 dps I'm sure your can do 1100 with maxed gear alright babey

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmspker:874169
    Your just not smart enough learn how to play in party to do such stuffs your must have another rogue with smoke your ridiculous complains makes me sick , one guild doesn't mean we are friends or something it more support , if i able deal 815 with 178%+- 103 dps I'm sure your can do 1100 with maxed gear alright babey
    198.8 damage or 193 damage with 10% damage boost added to that. I use smoke, nox and aimed. Bud I never said I was your friend. You talk the talk yet I haven't seen you prove it in game. Then you come here telling people they suck? Rethink on that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My my to be such a fool if your have 193 damage that doesn't means your will deal it , proven ? Pff ask devs or support what is maximum possible damage is ! I can't prove it just because i don't nerd it 24/7 last time played week ago , still waiting 21 cap ^^ , if back to theme bonus damage must be over 220% with your damage then try again poopy or better lose some damage and get more % , oh forgot , each successful shot adds 10% damage , i think it adds maximum till 3 so 30% , + smoke and defence debuff , don't forget to charge always , keep charging aim till your hit 1100 !!
    Last edited by dmspker; 11-30-2012 at 07:02 AM.