Thread: Wasted platinum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Wasted platinum

I used my newly purchased platinum to purchase a character slot. Upon completing the very first quest, you're taken to the store.This is not a problem, however, by clicking the complete quest button, it quickly panned the store screen and wasted 7 platinum on a low quality chest for a level 1 character.

In short, there needs to be a confirmation sceeen of some sort so people don't accidentally waste platinum on something worthless. This simply causes me to not want to purchase any on the basis I could waste it on something stupid like it happened this time. A refund would be great in any case :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I was going to post about this also. But in my opinion, the issue is worse that you said. Here's why:

I recently spent platinum to create a new character slot. I started a new character, and less than 2 minutes in I found myself REQUIRED to spend 7 platinum on a low quality chest in order to proceed. There is no way to say "no thanks" or "cancel". There is no way to get out of this screen without spending the 7 platinum. There isn't even a way to log out or quit! I had to force close the app or spend 7 platinum.

So, it's not just a problem of accidentally spending the 7 plat. Even if you didn't accidentally press the purchase button, you would be forced to press it if you want to continue playing with your new character.

I just spent money to purchase a new character slot. So why am I now faced with an additional 7 platinum charge? Why wasn't I told about this before I bought the character slot? This has to be a mistake.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I've not encountered this issue before on all my 3 characters. Perhaps this is new?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In my case I wasn't able to view the screen aside from a rapid flash of the platinum being spent as I completed the prior quest. I can't vouch for the screen being unpassable but I think its ridiculous that they have the spend button in the same location with no confirm screen. I call entrapment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

You did not waste platinum. This is a new feature sts implemented to educate players about the store and the premium packages. You are not charged platinum because this a fake screen and does nothing.

I just made an account to test this and it is correct (you dont waste plat) and was vouched by samhayne that it is a fake screen. Don't have worry & no refund will be given because it is fake.

Hope I helped out a bit,
    PvE

PvE - Zero Death Mage
    Kdr - Mage Duelist - PvPer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PvE View Post
    You did not waste platinum. This is a new feature sts implemented to educate players about the store and the premium packages. You are not charged platinum because this a fake screen and does nothing.

I just made an account to test this and it is correct (you dont waste plat) and was vouched by samhayne that it is a fake screen. Don't have worry & no refund will be given because it is fake.

Hope I helped out a bit,
    PvE
    Thanks for the reply. But this new "feature" is still confusing and needs to be fixed. You say it is a "fake" screen... so, it educates players on how to spend platinum (including those of us who have already spent platinum to buy the new character slot) by NOT charging us platinum when we click "buy"? The whole thing is a mess.

What I saw was a screen indicating I could not proceed without spending 7 plat. My only option was to click "buy" to make the purchase with the price showing up as 7 plat. I thought it must be a mistake, so I force closed the app and then logged on to try again. I got to the same screen. Since the game has always taught me that clicking this sort of "buy for 7 platinum" button will charge me 7 platinum, I gave up and force closed the app again.

If there is going to be a "fake" purchase, then it should only be for new accounts who have zero platinum. Or, if they want to teach new players how platinum works, then give every character 7 platinum and then force them to spend it. But don't show me that I have 18 platinum remaining and that I need to spend 7 of it to proceed - I won't click the button.

Thanks for testing this and pointing out that it is fake. If you get a chance, please let us know where samhayne address this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I ran into this same issue, and can also attest that it does not actually spend platinum. I agree with Eviljack as well, that it should not be done by showing you your current plat and saying you will be spending 7 plat and cannot pass without - but rather, add 7 plat then force us to spend it so it does not confuse everyone.

Fortunately I knew exactly how much plat I had when I created my new character, so I was able to check that I did not lose anything after pressing okay.
    AL: Surai - L20 Sorcerer, and Odr - L20 Warrior
    Yes, BriannaRae is my wife - don't be jealous!
    (Retired) PL: Khahl - L76 Sword-Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I actually did click buy and was confused when I saw my plat was as it was before

Star light, star bright...