Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aggro on Rogues Solution

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default MMORPG Truth

Threre is an old saying in MMOs. If the tank dies, it's the healers fault. If healer dies, it's the tanks fault. If the DPS dies, it's their own damn fault.

And tanking, especially elites requires a skilled tank with an understanding of skills and taunts.

I personally never lose aggro to anything other than other tanks. Build is CS with interrupt, vengeance with all except duration, renew with all except range, and juggernaut with all except movement freedom.

Chest Splitter is amazing. It interrupts wind up (red cone) attacks, even on bosses. It also is a TAUNT. Notice the ! over the enemy's head when used. Does wonders when trying to get hate back.

Vengeance acts like a heal when you charge it, and makes you never use mana pots. It also helps you generate threat with short term damage boosts.

Renew is critical to use intelligently. If a boss turns around to face anyone in the party, release a charged one and for 2 seconds your party is immune to damage. Get in the habit of skill canceling as a tank, remember it isn't your job to do damage. This means when not doing anything else, keep it charged and ready to go. If you need to do something else, slide finger off the skill without taking it off the screen. Follow it up with a chest splitter and your rogue won't even notice he pulled aggro.

I use Juggernaut in two situations. If I STILL don't have aggro, I let off a charged one and another CS. The other situation is as an emergency button (such as a dodged CS on elite bael during a wind up) or when pulling half of watchers 3 in one pull. I try not to need the taunt, since the panic button is so useful.

Hope this helps some solo warriors learn to be good team players!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reggin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

@Reggin: Hey, what's your IGN? I'm running some tests and need a warrior like you

EDIT: Dude, are you positive CS is a TAUNT?? I highly doubt it. It has a 3s cooldown-- what excuse would a warrior have for ever losing aggro then, if it was?
    Last edited by primaeva; 12-05-2012 at 08:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I don't know if this is actually a problem but the solution most certainly shouldn't be for a rogue to underperform.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reggin View Post
    Chest Splitter is amazing. It interrupts wind up (red cone) attacks, even on bosses. It also is a TAUNT. Notice the ! over the enemy's head when used. Does wonders when trying to get hate back!
    So much truth. great matter-o-fact by itself

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default my ign

Ugg for my warrior. I only have mediocre level 15 pink set and don't lose aggro to 190+ damage rogues in my guild. Honestly, for elite bosses I rarely even need to auto attack, as it's all about skill management as a tank. Make a low level warrior and test CS. It taunts. It's why I don't lose aggro with weak damage and only a single offensive skill in my elite tank build. I always handle the pulls and educate PUG players how to play with a real tank, since tanks that know what they are doing are so rare.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Aggro, hate or threat, a mechanism used in video game AI to determine the target prioritization of computer-controlled characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Catwomann View Post
    Ohk, first I am not quote versed with forums terminology so forgive me about that.

About agro( or is it aggro?), I am a rogue and I noticed that I quickly gain grab agro from a mediocre warrior, to prevent from from doing that I made another char and did some tests.

I firstly noticed that AIMED SHOT grabs agro more than NOXIOUS BOLT. Also u should keep ur dodge high as a rogue so even if u grab agro u can survive easily. At level I personally think u should have 1000-1500 health , 500-800 Intelligence. Ur dex should be very high so that ur dodge and damage is high. Also if u r so worried about deaths them always be with a warrior who has good gear and chest splitter cause that attack I think grabs agro better than any other skill in the whole game.

If u sometime accidentally grab agro, then stop attacking and try moving near ur warrior cause that is the fastest way the warrior will be able to grab agro again.

Not an expert but a pretty good player of this game.

Original acc - Catwoman - 14k+ kills, 600+ deaths.
    New account - Cattwoman - 2k+ kills, 1 death.

PL-ItsNiNNY-76 PL-Uglybearlolz-76
    AL-NiNNY-21 Rogue
    AL-NiN-21 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Its sometimes easy for to take agro from warrior if you have skills th at cause bleed damage and stack crit like aimed shot have, i have 100+ damage and 800 health,400 armour im stil tweaking some things. Need to manage your crit rate, as for what hapens when you take agro either tank or run.

41,000+ kills
    Last edited by Asahetek; 12-05-2012 at 04:46 PM.
    Pl Cheoragire warrior 50+
    Sl Anadrarin operative 30 former gm
    Dl Asahetek 31
    Al Asahatek rogue 31 officer vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

i constantly use CS coz its a 100% taunt low CD skill. nd i also hav HOR having taunt. bt smetimes HOR doesnt wrk nd d party neither get heal or a shield or i get taunt. makes me mad. anyway CS is a bst nd every warrior should hav det skill coz it has 100% taunt. bt smetime boss dodge it lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by primaeva View Post
    @Reggin: Hey, what's your IGN? I'm running some tests and need a warrior like you

EDIT: Dude, are you positive CS is a TAUNT?? I highly doubt it. It has a 3s cooldown-- what excuse would a warrior have for ever losing aggro then, if it was?
    yup CS is main taunting skill for warrior. 100% taunt. i always use CS followed by HoR nd venge blood in elite bosses. bt smetimes bosses dodge it so HoR is always there to taunt :-D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

See. Some complain when Warriors are too strong in PVP then they complain when Warriors can't outaggro them in PVE. Quit blaming and hating the tanker. If Warriors can't do much damage, there is less incentive playing this class, and I tell you its no fun being the meathead getting no kills and all deaths. With other classes at least you get kills along with your deaths.
    Maybe you should nerf the other classes so they wont out aggro the tank lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by primaeva View Post
    If you're pugging just swap out to a Lvl15 21Str weapon instead of your usual [16]21Dex. The drop in DPS will close the gap between the tank and you. There really is no other way to quickly influence warriors to master their craft.

The best solution you can have is to find your own warrior friends when you want to run elites. I'm pretty sure a lot of warriors with full Jugg + Vorpal hate running with slow DPS as well.
    I use full mighty gear and I still take Agro from warriors so no your idea wouldent work for a damage build.... And I sure as heck am not gonna respec so I do less damage where's the logic in that... Play plat to do less damage... Nope not happening..
    PL (DEADBITE L.75 bird UGOTSNIPEDDD L.66 bird NIFECALEDLUST L.55)
    AL (DEADBITE L.16 warrior TENDENCIES L.16 rogue SWANSONGS L.16 mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most mmorpg ive played the rogue has a skill they can use to get out of tight spots like playing dead or invisibility, now for example jarl in elite who has givin me most of deaths can kill a rogue or sorc with a charged atk. A solution to.that is attacking from behind, but what about the warriors who cant sit still, I have died so many times because of warriors moving around while they have aggro the rogue is small and when up close to jarl and other warriors your toon isnt even visible. If your a warrior try not to move if.you have aggro, if you move you put classes that cant survive a charged skill from elite boss to die when i see that red light turns my way idont even have time to get out of way. Now about rogues getting aggro, by running and using regular atks around bosses like jarl you have a less chance to.die from charged atk, you will get hit by reg strike but you wont die