Thread: Out of combat Mana Regen change suggestion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Default Out of combat Mana Regen change suggestion

Hi STS.

I was running some tests using my lvl 16 warrior and mage and this is what i have come up with (human stop watch error could be present)

Through all my tests i found that it takes +/- 7.5 seconds for your Out of Combat Mana Regen (OOCMR) to kick in

my warrior has 310 mana and and by the time my OOCMR kicked in i was close to 12% mana and it took only ~13.4s for my mana to refill the other 88% which is about 20 mana per second.

my mage has 2170 mana and and by the time my OOCMR kicked in i was at about 7% mana and it took >100s for my mana to refill the other 93% which also is about 20 mana per second.

My suggestion is change the OOCMR from a flat 20 m/s to maybe 5-10% m/s. This would take just under 10-20s to refill your mana too 100% no matter which class you play. That doesn't include the +/- 7.5s you have to sit out combat. So you would be looking at about 15s sitting out total for 10% m/s or closer to 25s for 5% m/s

as a second suggestion, can you make it so that non-offensive spells do not reset the 7.5s timer for OOCMR to kick in? Sometimes i want to use Lifegiver to recover the small % of mana it gives back, but i don't want it to break or reset my OOCMR timer.
    Last edited by CosmoxKramer; 12-04-2012 at 01:56 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CosmoxKramer For This Useful Post: