Thread: Location of L15-L16 Item drops and Legendary Eggs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Location of L15-L16 Item drops and Legendary Eggs

I have been searching around and was unable to find any answer to my question. I was wondering if rare items drop playing on the standard maps or if I have to go over to elite maps in order to get good drops. I am L15 and tried the elite maps as soon as I was able to, and in all honesty, I got destroyed. I don't buy platinum so I don't have nearly the best gear at the moment. So do I need to farm for preliminary gear in order to stand a chance at elite maps, wherein I then farm the elite maps to get the best gear?

For example, can I get Ribbit from the Mother in the normal map? Or does it have to be on elite maps?

Can I get berserker armor only on elite maps, etc? Or are the chances just much greater in elite maps?

Thanks for the help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Ice View Post
    I have been searching around and was unable to find any answer to my question. I was wondering if rare items drop playing on the standard maps or if I have to go over to elite maps in order to get good drops. I am L15 and tried the elite maps as soon as I was able to, and in all honesty, I got destroyed. I don't buy platinum so I don't have nearly the best gear at the moment. So do I need to farm for preliminary gear in order to stand a chance at elite maps, wherein I then farm the elite maps to get the best gear?

For example, can I get Ribbit from the Mother in the normal map? Or does it have to be on elite maps?

Can I get berserker armor only on elite maps, etc? Or are the chances just much greater in elite maps?

Thanks for the help.
    I know you can get pinks (legendary) from normal maps. Eggs generally drop only in certain areas, however; check the pet description to see where. It is generally agreed that Elite Jarls gives you the best chance of a pink relative to the time it takes to complete the run.
    Montanaguy (16 Warrior) [elite lvl cap: 16; 26; 31] / Montanaman (16 Mage) [16] / Montanadood (16 Rogue) [16]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Montanabro View Post
    I know you can get pinks (legendary) from normal maps. Eggs generally drop only in certain areas, however; check the pet description to see where. It is generally agreed that Elite Jarls gives you the best chance of a pink relative to the time it takes to complete the run.
    I know that you can get pinks from normal maps. I have received a few. But they were the cheapest pinks you could possibly get.

My main question is this: can I get the best gear in the game without going to the elite maps?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I know that you can get pinks from normal maps. I have received a few. But they were the cheapest pinks you could possibly get.

My main question is this: can I get the best gear in the game without going to the elite maps?
    From Auction house. But you'd need to save a lot of money. Elite items don't drop on normal. Clever, Agile, Mighty. Eggs do drop on Normal though. Go to stable, if it doesn't say it's on Elite then it's not. I think only Loki, Kettle, and that dragon are Legend only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Here's the actual answer:

There are two classifications of chests. Regular chests, and elite chests. Regular are called just "copper/silver/gold chest" while elite chests (which are not tradable) have "elite" before the name of the chest. Elite pinks (trollbanes, flamestrike rods, demonologist gear, etc.) only can be acquired from opening Elite chests, which only drop from elite bosses.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nightarcher For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post
    Here's the actual answer:

There are two classifications of chests. Regular chests, and elite chests. Regular are called just "copper/silver/gold chest" while elite chests (which are not tradable) have "elite" before the name of the chest. Elite pinks (trollbanes, flamestrike rods, demonologist gear, etc.) only can be acquired from opening Elite chests, which only drop from elite bosses.
    False. Mobs and bosses drop Elite Pinks on Elite also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Airikay View Post
    false!!! only elite bosses drop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Thanks for the help.
    for nw do kraag lvl3 runs till u get 16. there u can get pinks nd eggs. u also hav chance to get gold chest as there r two bosses. u can get cerella egg from kraag tombs. sell d eggs nd also u can sell d gold chest. also using epic gears (ogre helm of savvy; ironbound armour of will nd epic ring nd amulets boosting armour) u can do fairly good in elite runs. bt dnt go solo in elite maps. u also need to hav a good build. u can use montanabro"s guide its a good guide. so i recommend to farm kraag nd rook nest till u dnt get enough money to buy epic gears

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Since no one has mentioned it: the leading term in the names of elite items will be one of 'mighty', 'agile' or 'clever'. So you mighty get, for example, 'mighty vorpal sword of assault' or 'clever jewelled pendant of brutality'. These are the pinks which drop from elite chests and the best items in the game by quite a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I got loki's egg from one of the mobs that you fight before jarl (elite mode)
    By the way, 1/100+ runs
    Last edited by NiN; 12-05-2012 at 12:12 PM.

PL-ItsNiNNY-76 PL-Uglybearlolz-76
    AL-NiNNY-21 Rogue
    AL-NiN-21 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Thanks for all of the replies everyone. That answers my question I had. I'll have to get some better gear to stand a chance in elite maps I suppose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azedrab View Post
    Since no one has mentioned it: the leading term in the names of elite items will be one of 'mighty', 'agile' or 'clever'. So you mighty get, for example, 'mighty vorpal sword of assault' or 'clever jewelled pendant of brutality'. These are the pinks which drop from elite chests and the best items in the game by quite a bit.

From Auction house. But you'd need to save a lot of money. Elite items don't drop on normal. Clever, Agile, Mighty. Eggs do drop on Normal though. Go to stable, if it doesn't say it's on Elite then it's not. I think only Loki, Kettle, and that dragon are Legend only.
    Lol. And I've seen agile neck drop from mobs before Jarl. So mobs do also. To whoever posted under me before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Really? Weird, I've never seen an elite boss drop any pink; it's just bad luck I guess haha.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Default Location of L15-L16 Item drops and Legendary Eggs

I hate Elite mode, I die tooooo much!

PL: Faoeskekie L76 Enchantress(0.5k/300k), Faouskekie L71 Bird, Faoiskekie L45 Bear, Tvrtle L50 Fox, Rhinasaurus L38 Rhino

SL: Bizilia L45 Engineer, DL: Faoeskekie L36 Vampire, AL: Faoeskekie L20 Mage