Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: scammers gone unpunished!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default scammers gone unpunished!!!

how many times do you have to report someone before sts takes it seriously. Write here about scammers and their scams so others wont fall for them. I am in no way trying to turn this into a massive argument over who scammed who, but I am trying to point out that if sts does nothing we have to do something and this is something. Please do not lie on this thread because people will take it seriously, so if you fall out with your friend dont put their name here and say "..... scammed me.....". This thread is here to tell us to watch out for certain people and scams. The more people who post the names of scammers and their scams, the safer pl will be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LuizaKaja:879775
    dont put their name here and say "..... scammed me.....". This thread is here to tell us to watch out for certain people and scams. The more people who post the names of scammers and their scams, the safer pl will be.
    First u say dont name names, then say to name names...are you high?

Its against tos
    Last edited by Bless; 12-04-2012 at 04:54 PM.
    Credits to Iady

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LuizaKaja View Post
    how many times do you have to report someone before sts takes it seriously. Write here about scammers and their scams so others wont fall for them. I am in no way trying to turn this into a massive argument over who scammed who, but I am trying to point out that if sts does nothing we have to do something and this is something. Please do not lie on this thread because people will take it seriously, so if you fall out with your friend dont put their name here and say "..... scammed me.....". This thread is here to tell us to watch out for certain people and scams. The more people who post the names of scammers and their scams, the safer pl will be.
    I can't say this thread is useless, because you at least pointed out the reason why these types of threads are dangerous and are against the rules. So in a way, uhhh, thanks I guess.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

this will be locked soon, as has happened many times.
    STS will say they prefer we dont post names in disputes to keep forums flame free.
    there are two sides to anything and STS are the only ones who can see both sides (email support yada yada). Some get "scammed" because they're foolish, and all they have in the way of fact is one side, so they rage post then others chide ( or troll in extreme cases of stupidity) them for being foolish. it never goes well, and usually ends with a dev or mod saying, before they lock, please email support"
    or for battle star fans " this has all happened before and it will again"

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    this will be locked soon, as has happened many times.
    STS will say they prefer we dont post names in disputes to keep forums flame free.
    there are two sides to anything and STS are the only ones who can see both sides (email support yada yada). Some get "scammed" because they're foolish, and all they have in the way of fact is one side, so they rage post then others chide ( or troll in extreme cases of stupidity) them for being foolish. it never goes well, and usually ends with a dev or mod saying, before they lock, please email support"
    or for battle star fans " this has all happened before and it will again"
    Suentous PO is very wise with his words. Yes, we have seen this all before. People find out they didn't get as good of a deal as they thought and suddenly rage that they were scammed.

The bottom line is this - if you make a trade in game, there are good reasons why it asks you "Are you really sure you want to make this trade." Evaluate your trade.

If someone promises they will come back, they won't. If you are using the trade window to trade and you're getting nothing in return (except promises) then that would be a trade you probably don't want to make.

If you use the GIFT feature to give someone something - you just gave it to them. Why are you expecting to get anything back from it.

Thread closed.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post: