Thread: Auction House

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Auction House

Anyone else notice that the Auction House is a pain to actually open, especially the one in Traveler's Outpost? Sometimes I gotta click like 10 or 15 times. And when you go to open it, it causes your character to walk over to where the auction guy is. The result is like 20 people all crowded in the same spot at the same time, so you can't even see where they guy is, and when you click to open it up instead you get the popup from someone else who is standing there.

This will make it pretty much impossible to be a merchant, hang out in that area, and buy and sell items all while checking the AH prices at the same time. With everyone huddled in one spot, you can't even see their names or message one of them if you need to. They need to make the AH more like the CS in Pocket Legends where I can click on Artie from across the room and check the listings without having to be standing in front of him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Use your action button -- where you usually tap to attack. You'll see it becomes a hand when you get near an Action. Use that.

Only thing is that sometimes it doesn't work, though I think it almost always works for Auction.
    Usually if it's not working, moving away and clicking on the action will do it or click on the hand a lot until it works.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Usually, that hand should work in town. It seems not to work when you have aggressive monsters nearby, that's what I've noticed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

You can actually tap the Attack button which was replaced by the image of a hand, or simply press Space button if you're on Chrome.

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Thank you! I had been playing for 3 days and never realized that the action button changes to a hand. I kept trying to tap on the auction hammer. I guess I've been playing PL too long and always trying to do everything the PL way.

I still do think it's kind of lousy that you have to stand right next to the auction guy. Then everyone is all standing on top of eachother and makes it difficult if you want to message someone in the crowd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I still do think it's kind of lousy that you have to stand right next to the auction guy. Then everyone is all standing on top of eachother and makes it difficult if you want to message someone in the crowd.
    Now, yes, the trying to see someone in the crowd is definitely very annoying, especially with npcs with BIG action areas, such as the Auction house in Kraag. You can click WAY out and it's still the auction house...

And no, it's not always having aggro monsters nearby. I can clear, stand next to the thing and tap the hand like crazy and it'll still take awhile to work. And most of the time in Kraag TOWN, Baldur doesn't work. I'll have to tap on the NPC or near him. Action button doesn't seem to work consistently with that guy.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce:880909
    Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Now, yes, the trying to see someone in the crowd is definitely very annoying, especially with npcs with BIG action areas, such as the Auction house in Kraag. You can click WAY out and it's still the auction house...

And no, it's not always having aggro monsters nearby. I can clear, stand next to the thing and tap the hand like crazy and it'll still take awhile to work. And most of the time in Kraag TOWN, Baldur doesn't work. I'll have to tap on the NPC or near him. Action button doesn't seem to work consistently with that guy.
    ^^this.
    Credits to Iady