Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Plats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Free Plats

You know when you go to the store and you can do things to get free platinums (though some are paid),
    Have you guys done any and we're you able to accumulate 70 plat for the upgrades?

~ I have a tip for you all ~
    If you go on a mobile device such as an iOS, you will be given a new option for special offers
    which are crazy simple. All you need to do is download an APP and run it once. And voila, you have your platinum.
    You can then delete the app right after.

I was able to get 46 total but the rest are just 1 plat each or are paid offers.

Have you found any special offers that work?
    If you have, please share it with everyone.
    I'm willing to give the 25k gold to you. I just want the extra inventory and auction space!

No paid please and thank you c:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I don't know exactly what you're saying, but I'm pretty sure it's against the Terms of Service.
    Montanaguy (16 Warrior) [elite lvl cap: 16; 26; 31] / Montanaman (16 Mage) [16] / Montanadood (16 Rogue) [16]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Montanabro:880459
    I don't know exactly what you're saying, but I'm pretty sure it's against the Terms of Service.
    No, he's referring to the "install and run" offers via w3i.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    No, he's referring to the "install and run" offers via w3i.
    I don't think openly encouraging players to subvert the spirit of the platinum deal would be looked upon favorbly by STS.
    Montanaguy (16 Warrior) [elite lvl cap: 16; 26; 31] / Montanaman (16 Mage) [16] / Montanadood (16 Rogue) [16]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I've installed a few of the games offering a few free plat and I can verify that they work. As long as you're abiding by the requirement, which is usually just to install and play it, I don't think there's any breach of terms or exploitation.

If you're willing to drop money on platinum, though, the GoDaddy offer can't be beat. I bought my guild a domain for $9.99 and received 490 platinum almost immediately. Just be smart with it and make sure that you don't select the optional hosting and backup fees, recurring subscription, etc.. unless of course you want them. My total was $9.99 USD for a $4.99 .org domain name.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sledge For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    I've installed a few of the games offering a few free plat and I can verify that they work. As long as you're abiding by the requirement, which is usually just to install and play it, I don't think there's any breach of terms or exploitation.

If you're willing to drop money on platinum, though, the GoDaddy offer can't be beat. I bought my guild a domain for $9.99 and received 490 platinum almost immediately. Just be smart with it and make sure that you don't select the optional hosting and backup fees, recurring subscription, etc.. unless of course you want them. My total was $9.99 USD for a $4.99 .org domain name.
    Thanks for the tip about GoDaddy. Ill look it up.

Regarding what OP said: companies participate in the "free" platinum deals because they calculate that a certain number of people who take advantage of the deal will continue using their products. Those companies may second guess their participation if they see STS allowing players to openly encourage one another to do the absolute bare minimum. It may not be against the ToS for players to discuss this, but it is certianly against the spirit of the offer and could disincentive companies from participating in the future. Let's not jeopardize our wonderful free plat offers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It's there and it's allowed as I can see since it's all shown in-game and added into the game by the developers.
    I just know there are a lot that you can go through that doesn't work so to all those who's done the free offers, I was wondering which one do work.

If it is frowned upon, why have the developers of AL added such a feature?

Anyway back on-topic, thanks Sledge for your advice. I do plan on cashing once the level cap rises and will keep your tip in mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VVoe View Post
    It's there and it's allowed as I can see since it's all shown in-game and added into the game by the developers.
    I just know there are a lot that you can go through that doesn't work so to all those who's done the free offers, I was wondering which one do work.

If it is frowned upon, why have the developers of AL added such a feature?

Anyway back on-topic, thanks Sledge for your advice. I do plan on cashing once the level cap rises and will keep your tip in mind.
    My apologies if that was your intention. I thought you were discussing that people should delete the apps immediately after getting the plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I used to do free offers all the time. I'm considering doing it more as well. Want to hit that 16 cap before the cap raises.
    Neffyy

Existence owner and founder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

A seperate company, trialplay/w3i, takes offers from other companies and give to sts playerbase to get the players plat in exchange for some spotlight on other products. Sts is a pretty big name in their industry, so for these other companies to be paired up with sts is prolly a godsend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You guys just need to pony up and drop the hammer on that Discover card. Put an end to all that platinum anxiety! Luckily I wad in need of a credit card.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Montanabro View Post
    My apologies if that was your intention. I thought you were discussing that people should delete the apps immediately after getting the plat.
    That's exactly what he's saying, and no, it isn't against the ToS. I always delete the lame apps I download for plat after I get it.

-----
    Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch View Post
    That's exactly what he's saying, and no, it isn't against the ToS. I always delete the lame apps I download for plat after I get it.

-----
    I didn't say deleting the apps was against the ToS. I said those companies won't like it if STS allows people to openly encourage one another to do this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

I didn't say deleting the apps was against the ToS. I said those companies won't like it if STS allows people to openly encourage one another to do this.
    But you did. Who cares what they like? Not me, that's for sure.

-----

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch View Post
    But you did. Who cares what they like? Not me, that's for sure.

-----
    People who use the free offers might care if businesses stop participating. STS surely cares about how their business partners feel.

I don't think you're understanding the difference between actually deleting the app and encouraging everyone on a public forum to do the same. The latter is what I'm referring too. Plus, I wrote that before I knew what OP was suggesting...as the quote itself states.
    Last edited by Montanabro; 12-05-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I use the Pro Flowers one since I can get some platinum while sending flowers to my girlfriend or my mom. A win/win situation as long as I don't mention that I got them flowers through a promotion to get fake currency in a video game. Then it would end up horribly bad for me.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liquid Ice For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Ice View Post
    I use the Pro Flowers one since I can get some platinum while sending flowers to my girlfriend or my mom. A win/win situation as long as I don't mention that I got them flowers through a promotion to get fake currency in a video game. Then it would end up horribly bad for me.
    I might need to try this. I'm currently in the doghouse, so maybe flowers will help.

-----

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch:880997
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Ice View Post
    I might need to try this. I'm currently in the doghouse, so maybe flowers will help.

-----

*raises hand* guilty of this as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Free Plats

This is so obvious, such a useless post
    IGN: // yummmmmmmmmmy // iamsogood // lbfox/lbrhino // reaperbladed/butcherknifed // faiienprince

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j0rdantran View Post
    This is so obvious, such a useless post
    You're right, almost as useless as this one and the one I quoted.

-----

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Deathpunch For This Useful Post: