Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Founders Helm is a unfair advantage

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Default Founders Helm is a unfair advantage

Don't want to beat on a dead horse but, to put it bluntly, its unfair. Its a unfair advantage in late level pvp, and lower level pvp. Its like an extra ring. Especially now that vanity bonus is gone for vanity slot. If you want to show off that you are a founders iis completely fine, sts keep the vanity but take off the bonus. Lets take a inside look into the Founders helm Dilemma.

The Cause:
    Founders helm vanity has caused many people to sell/buy their founders account for money. So basically those who are breaking sts rules are getting an advantage in pvp. This is not what founders was intended for. It has caused endless debate in-game and controversy in tournaments. It has caused turmoil amongst all players especially for lower-levels. It has caused people to brag and even make founders only guilds. It has caused many to look the same. Founders helm is STASHABLE. Which allows the user to switch it out between all their toons, giving an advantage to every toon they possess and not their main char in which they first created the account with.

End level Stats:
    Although 5 damage 5 armor 5 dps may seem like nothing, this is simply not the case. Combine 5 damage with a crit, it turns into 10 damage. Mages crit 100 percent of the time when fully buffed. With 10 spell attacks, you are doing an extra 100 damage. Now consider 5 armor. This 5 armor takes into effect immediately even before a crit. Causing up to 100 damage less when you consider end-level crit with every 10 attacks. Now consider 5 dps. Add crit to that dps. With every 10 attacks in dps you are doing an additional 100 damage. This is the issue we are dealing with in end-level pvp. Final result is you are looking at a total of an additional 300 damage/damage saved in a normal encounter in late level pvp. I wont even discuss early level pvp because as we all know founders helm is more of a nuisance creating even more of a advantage to the user

The fake people:
    I can assure you people will read this thread, and want to act like a total tough guy claiming it doesnt make a difference, or they can beat founders, or how to get over it, or how they dont care blah blah blah. Well im not over it, and neither is a majority of players.We have to consider the facts at hand, which is without a dought founders helm is a unfair advantage at all levels of pvp. The other people against this thread that will disagree are those who have founders. Rightly so, they want to keep the bonus, so they will claim how they never wear the helm when in actuality they do. Time has passed and people stopped complaining, the founders people were happy. Until again when they have to defend their bonus stats.

Reality:
    If we are to reward people with an advantage in pvp, why not reward those in leaderboards with the same advantage? Why not reward those who have spent more time in PL (600 hours+)? Why not reward those who have spent more plat then anyone else.(When i say reward I mean reward in a pvp vanity bonus, not some useless statless vanity gear) I dont see why this is only an exclusive item for those who merely happened to make an PL account. This type of logic only puts the rest of us behind. There are others who have put in more dedication, time and commitment then founders players, yet recieve nothing in return as far as pvp advantage. There is also many who have a founders but never created an account at the deadline. How did this happen? What is going on here sts? I believe this is a small step in balancing all levels of PVP.

Conclusion:
    So this is my story and im sticking to it. If anything I feel better now that I vented, but I really hope a change is near. I hope for everyone to have the same oppurtunity in low level pvp and late level pvp. Yes this is a dead topic, but it is a dead topic in which EVERYONE is effected. It is a topic in which many of us feel left out and unappreciated. I find founders helm to be unjustifiable and a setback to PL.Since STS is now promoting the idea of "nomore bonuses for vanities", I think now is a better time then ever to bring this situation to the table and find a solution.
    Last edited by Seminole; 12-07-2012 at 11:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

OP-ness is what makes PvP fun XD! Don't you like challenges ^_^?

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Noodleleg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

This has been said Soooooooooooooooooo many times. Nothing will happen. Sorrrry. I don't even have a founders.
    Bow Down to a Goddess 👑

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Artemis For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    This has been said Soooooooooooooooooo many times. Nothing will happen. Sorrrry. I don't even have a founders.
    Add one more time to sooooooo many

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Good luck though! Maybe this time it will work.
    Bow Down to a Goddess 👑

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Good luck though! Maybe this time it will work.
    Sometimes its good to vent, practicing on my writing skills anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I hope they give out a "reward" for those who spent allot of time pvping ..
    OR
    a reward for the amount of plat you spent
    Come join lvl 26-35 PVP!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Nerfing Founder's Helms, forgotten bows, etc.
    Those are all empty dreams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

I don't even play STS games anymore After 2 years they just don't do it for me anymore.
    Bow Down to a Goddess 👑

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
    Combine 5 damage with a crit, it turns into 10 damage
    Mis-conception, And wrong.

As far as founder bonus is concern, as you said it's nothing compared to what we faced, when started pvp lol, a full elite level cap vanities +55hp, +15 armor and many more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

The founders helm is a extremely beneficial "helm" to have in low lvl pvp. Why? because even little stats like 5 damage and 5 armor can have a big difference when the only skills you have are stomp, sms, vengeful (l15 pvp) you know what I mean. Yes, in endgame the extra 5 damage is hardly needed but when you combine the helm w/ a ring at low lvl pvp.. thats an unfair advantage. What I want to happen is that Sts give out an "elite" vanity for those who have either .. spent large amounts of money on plat OR have kills that can give you a vanity each time. (ex: 5000 kills "helm" 10000 kills :"shield" 15000 kills: "armor") To make this fair, the ones who GET the vanities should have a character in the 71-76 regen. Why? In order to stop low lvl pvpers who just started get farmed OR farm those with less experience. This is just my opinion, but I know that some people out there wish the same as I do.
    Also, I also started pl in 2010 and missed the founders helm by 2 months. Yet, I believe that I have spent more time and dedication to this game than some of those who have the founders helm. Evidence of my dedication? I have the (antenna) vanities given out by droid (that ran around town), i have the frozen crown, I have the founders shield, my pve and pvp kills are also pretty high IMO.
    Come join lvl 26-35 PVP!!!!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post
    Mis-conception, And wrong.

As far as founder bonus is concern, as you said it's nothing compared to what we faced, when started pvp lol, a full elite level cap vanities +55hp, +15 armor and many more.
    Okay this is in noway a mis-conception. 5 damage is 5 damage. With a crit it is 10 damage. No matter how you look at it. With a crit, a normal founders helm attack ill do 10 damage more then a normal attack without founders. Yes their were elite vanities before but at least you were able to work at it to get your own elite vanity. For low level pvp compare damage(between founders and non founders) and you will see an average of extra 6-9 extra damage PER ATTACK. Thanks to crit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

balance went out the window during nuri's.

i wouldn't waste your time campaigning for something that they don't care about

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Okay this is in noway a mis-conception. 5 damage is 5 damage. With a crit it is 10 damage.
    oh boy, better learn rather arguing, crit is % chance of critically hitting an enemy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

oh boy, better learn rather arguing, crit is % chance of critically hitting an enemy.
    crit is 100.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

If you read anything in my article you will see what I wrote. At end-level pvp you almost ALWAYS crit. A Mage will ALWAYS CRIT. Doubling the damage dealt with spells and normal Dps(damage per second). This does not include the armor bonus.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    balance went out the window during nuri's.

i wouldn't waste your time campaigning for something that they don't care about
    Not really campaigning but giving out one last shot of hope and venting my frustration in hopes of a Dev reading this. Hopefully they act, its worth one last try.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

GG

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

21. The Following User Says Thank You to razerfingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Bille gates' Rules of Life
    http://urbanlegends.about.com/librar...tes_speech.htm

Rule number 1: Life is not fair -- get used to it!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vle_hoang For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

At end-level pvp you almost ALWAYS crit. A Mage will ALWAYS CRIT. Doubling the damage dealt with spells
    Okay, but in anyway that does not lead you to this -
    Okay this is in noway a mis-conception. 5 damage is 5 damage. With a crit it is 10 damage.
    or to this-
    Combine 5 damage with a crit, it turns into 10 damage
    Last edited by Waug; 12-07-2012 at 01:19 AM.