Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Warrior Tanking 123 with explanations

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kenoon View Post
    We will have a total of 10 skill points to focus onto Might passive skill, giving us +50 STR.
    That would be nice, but the new passives cap out at 5 points. They might raise the amount of points you can spend in passives each time ey raise the level cap, but for now all you can get out of thMight passive is a max of 25 STR.

My own personal tank build is going to get one more point in Chest Splitter (the upgrade that has a chance to explode monsters on a killing blow) and the rest will be going into the Might passive. I really don't see any of the other passives to be very useful for tanks at this stage in the game. Later down the line, as our level cap (and armor values) keep increasing, the armor boost passive will start to become pretty valuable.
    Main: Grimtank (warrior)
    Alts: Longfinger (sorcerer), Critsngiggles (rogue)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Mike View Post
    That would be nice, but the new passives cap out at 5 points. They might raise the amount of points you can spend in passives each time ey raise the level cap, but for now all you can get out of thMight passive is a max of 25 STR.

My own personal tank build is going to get one more point in Chest Splitter (the upgrade that has a chance to explode monsters on a killing blow) and the rest will be going into the Might passive. I really don't see any of the other passives to be very useful for tanks at this stage in the game. Later down the line, as our level cap (and armor values) keep increasing, the armor boost passive will start to become pretty valuable.

It seems that the usage of 10 skill points wasn't implemented as what the admin mentioned under their announcement.
    As of latest patch, at level 21, passive skills are capped at maximum of 5 skill points.
    OneAxeHole @ MapleSEA.
    Guild Master of Singaporeans.
    Kenoon - Lv21 Tank Warrior.
    Hiddenleaf - Lv15 Pure Dex Ranger

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where do I put my points in STR or DEx or both
    PL - (Lvl 75) Propeza E, (Lvl 69) Unkreaon W, (Lvl 61) xPropeza A, (Lvl 47) Gotdatboy R
    Okay, this to all of my enemies that seeing me gettin' guap right now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrLegendary View Post
    Where do I put my points in STR or DEx or both
    Hi, all points to STR.
    OneAxeHole @ MapleSEA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

any recommend skill set up for elite lord??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Excellent thread. This is the first time I'm in this section hehe. I'll add my two cents here.

My style of play is to be as effective and efficient as I can be in all scenarios. What I mean by this is. If I'm playing in Normal Dungeons I want to be able to Tank and get lots of kills. If I'm playing any of the Gauntlet Maps (Watchers, Kraag Tombs, Hauntlet) I want to be able to keep aggro on the mobs (while using minimum pots), and also get some kills. If I'm playing Elite Maps I want to aggro the mobs or bosses stay alive (using pots as necessary to keep my health up) and give a chance for Rogues or Sorcerers to kill them off. So what has been working very well for me? Well as I read some of the posts here there's a lot of discussion on Windmill vs Skyward Smash, well how about this if you can't pick one USE BOTH!! Yeah, I have been using both of them along with maxed out (5/5) Horn of Renew and Vengeful Blood. Before I start battle I charge HoR (in the middle of a mob or near a boss), then hit a charged Vengeful, then hit with Skyward and finish off with Windmill, rinse and repeat.

I'm full STR, and with the new update I have spent 3 Skill Points on Might (3/5). I have Skyward Smash 3/5 (Except for the one that Stuns and returns Mana to you, don't need them) and Windmill 4/5 (except the Snare one I find it useless). Now don't get me wrong I think this build and every other one mentioned here will be useless if you don't have a good party that knows what their doing. The pressure on us Warriors is that we are the first ones into battle and we have to stay alive to make everything else working smoothly. Which basically means the survival of the group depends on your actions, especially in Elite. Well I hope you guys can give this a test spin. I have tried the other builds in one way or another, but I feel they are sort of geared to one or two tasks. And like I mentioned above I like to be effective and efficient in all scenarios AL challenges us with.
    Last edited by Enisceloz; 12-22-2012 at 02:51 AM.
    PL: Enisceloz: Level 76 (Warrior/Tank/Eni Express...Choo Choo!!!!)
    AL: Enisceloz: Level 26 (Warrior/Tank/Exterminator)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

dude add snaggle pet.
    it gives :+25str ; +4mana regen nd +2% dmg reduction. bst for tanking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGunX View Post
    dude add snaggle pet.
    it gives :+25str ; +4mana regen nd +2% dmg reduction. bst for tanking.
    Was this suggestion for me? I have both Snaggle and Wrath lol. Honestly before the update I just cycled through pets didn't really need them to survive or tank successfully. I still do now, however for the last two Elite Dungeons in the update I will go with Malison, Ribbit, Snaggle, or Wrath. This is only because of that enemy with the giant metal claws, he's OP!! If not careful he can take you out in 1-2 hits (And I've had 953 armor!!!!).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spidah View Post
    Was this suggestion for me? I have both Snaggle and Wrath lol. Honestly before the update I just cycled through pets didn't really need them to survive or tank successfully. I still do now, however for the last two Elite Dungeons in the update I will go with Malison, Ribbit, Snaggle, or Wrath. This is only because of that enemy with the giant metal claws, he's OP!! If not careful he can take you out in 1-2i hits (And I've had 953 armor!!!!).
    :-) i would hav quoted u if it waz for u. its for kenoon so that he adds snaggle pet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGunX View Post
    :-) i would hav quoted u if it waz for u. its for kenoon so that he adds snaggle pet.
    Touche!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Shiloh is still the best tanking pet at the moment.
    Currently at an overseas tour.
    Using ipad to surf net -__-;
    OneAxeHole @ MapleSEA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i was just wondering what do u consider the best armor for lvl 21?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Excellent thread. This is the first time I'm in this section hehe. I'll add my two cents here.

My style of play is to be as effective and efficient as I can be in all scenarios. What I mean by this is. If I'm playing in Normal Dungeons I want to be able to Tank and get lots of kills. If I'm playing any of the Gauntlet Maps (Watchers, Kraag Tombs, Hauntlet) I want to be able to keep aggro on the mobs (while using minimum pots), and also get some kills. If I'm playing Elite Maps I want to aggro the mobs or bosses stay alive (using pots as necessary to keep my health up) and give a chance for Rogues or Sorcerers to kill them off. So what has been working very well for me? Well as I read some of the posts here there's a lot of discussion on Windmill vs Skyward Smash, well how about this if you can't pick one USE BOTH!! Yeah, I have been using both of them along with maxed out (5/5) Horn of Renew and Vengeful Blood. Before I start battle I charge HoR (in the middle of a mob or near a boss), then hit a charged Vengeful, then hit with Skyward and finish off with Windmill, rinse and repeat.

I'm full STR, and with the new update I have spent 3 Skill Points on Might (3/5). I have Skyward Smash 3/5 (Except for the one that Stuns and returns Mana to you, don't need them) and Windmill 4/5 (except the Snare one I find it useless). Now don't get me wrong I think this build and every other one mentioned here will be useless if you don't have a good party that knows what their doing. The pressure on us Warriors is that we are the first ones into battle and we have to stay alive to make everything else working smoothly. Which basically means the survival of the group depends on your actions, especially in Elite. Well I hope you guys can give this a test spin. I have tried the other builds in one way or another, but I feel they are sort of geared to one or two tasks. And like I mentioned above I like to be effective and efficient in all scenarios AL challenges us with.
    Don't you miss chest splitter? Because of the boss windup interrupt?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

It's an effective build for PvE, but when Pvp comes out... poof?
    PL: Crestmage -- Crestwar -- Crestbear -- Crestphoenix -- Twinkworld -- Tearacecaz
    AL: Crestmage -- Crestwar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crestmage View Post
    It's an effective build for PvE, but when Pvp comes out... poof?
    Well just like I got to this build, it's going to be trail and error until I find what works for me. I'm already not going to be so good since I never PvPed before in PL. But we'll see when it gets here. As of now all we have is PvE and a lot of Warriors are having a hard time tanking effectively.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Well just like I got to this build, it's going to be trail and error until I find what works for me. I'm already not going to be so good since I never PvPed before in PL. But we'll see when it gets here. As of now all we have is PvE and a lot of Warriors are having a hard time tanking effectively.
    Actually the build which you are using i had posted under this thread before:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-construction*

It is more of a PvE build & basically change your role as a DPS-er.
    OneAxeHole @ MapleSEA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

First I need to thank you for your build, which helped me alot.
    I tried both your build and spidah's build, and I like his better. Your build is great until I reach the new elite maps.
    with windmill and hor taunt, you can keep boss attacking you already, there is no need for cs. besides, in the last few maps, cs will not do any interruption.
    If there is another tank in the team, it's better that you can share damage instead of taking all the damage by yourself. Therefore, I gave up cs for skyward smash.
    skyward smash really helps you move around, jump into position or initiate the battle.
    If i would say, warriors are not doing their jobs because there are many unbalanced design in this game. I trust sts will fix these in the future updates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Just saw it, didn't realize it. But I think I went a little more in depth and I have taunt on my HoR. And for me is not a DPS-er role, It's a mix of both (DPS & Tank). I'm available to hold aggro on all the new elite mobs/bosses except if a Sorcerer or Rogue decides to skill spam and they end up taking aggro. There are some Sorcerers and Mages out there that no matter how many taunt skills you have they can take your aggro away. Which brings me to the point I made already all these builds will be rendered useless if you don't have a team that knows what their doing especially in the Elite levels.

Quote Originally Posted by N00B View Post
    First I need to thank you for your build, which helped me alot.
    I tried both your build and spidah's build, and I like his better. Your build is great until I reach the new elite maps.
    with windmill and hor taunt, you can keep boss attacking you already, there is no need for cs. besides, in the last few maps, cs will not do any interruption.
    If there is another tank in the team, it's better that you can share damage instead of taking all the damage by yourself. Therefore, I gave up cs for skyward smash.
    skyward smash really helps you move around, jump into position or initiate the battle.
    If i would say, warriors are not doing their jobs because there are many unbalanced design in this game. I trust sts will fix these in the future updates.
    Yes taunts need to be more powerful. As mentioned above I have played already with Rogues that have about 230-240 Dmg. They can steal aggro at will. So this makes them have to just use normal attacks instead of using skills making boss fights just a tad slower. Another reason why tanking is a little offset is because the lack of healing/buffing going around. If you as a Warrior don't have HoR no one else will heal you and even with HoR at moments you have to pot spam which to many players will burn thru their gold! Sorcerers are all AoE hungry (most have power builds) and Rogues healing ability isn't that great so they don't even bother with that.
    Last edited by Enisceloz; 12-23-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

What you said is true.
    At the current patch, tanking warrior will have issue in securing as main tank due to higher dps output by Rogue followed by Mage.
    I am still trying to find out how to overcome this problem.

One way is to give up Windmill and go Axe Throw to keep pulling back the aggro from other classes.
    But by doing so, our DPS will drop quite alot.

The server will need to increase our warrior's threat threshold amount to much higher amount.
    Also the damage from Elite mobs need to be reduced or the damage reduction needs to be improved slightly.
    OneAxeHole @ MapleSEA.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenoon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I have a friend with all taunting skills set up and he can't keep aggro from another friend who's a Sorcerer that has around 190 Dmg, causing a boss to switch his focus back and forth. Either this is intentional or like you said taunt needs to be buffed. And as for the Elite levels I think they are fine. I do tons of runs (I have all Elite achievements got them first day patch came out) and I don't die much if at all and I can keep aggro however I do use a considerable amount of pots to keep my health up, compared to what I used on the old Elite levels (once again team mechanics play an important role here). But this maybe could be because I have yet to acquire the new set pieces (and that's another mess that needs to be fixed lol).