Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Message to Warriors and Elite Characters

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Message to Warriors and Elite Characters

Dear Warriors,

If you are casting windmill on a single target like Jarl there is no need to run around in a circle like you are going to kill him any faster with your technique. This has been about 1 out of every 3 Jarl runs today I have seen a increasing # of warriors doing this.

Leaving a perfect party in Jarl which consists of a mage and 2 rogues or 2 mages and a rogue makes no sense. I ran on my warrior Jarl runs with 2 rogues and we were able to hit every run under 1 minute and 30. Every run where I have seen 3-4 warriors it has taken 3-4+ minutes.

Running and standing during fights especially elite runs right where your rogue or mage are standing isn't really the best decision on your part as a tank as they are your support and damage class but also to help keep you alive and finish the fight faster.

Dear Elite Characters,

I understand the need to run around with elite weapons and show them off I really do I have multiple L16's also but if you are doing Jarl runs or other Elite runs and you are a rogue or a mage please put away your Elite weapons in favor of something that won't out DPS the tank if you see they will be out DPS'd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I dont get what this post is saying
    Im a lv16 warrior and i dont run when doing elite Jarl......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ctf View Post
    I dont get what this post is saying
    Im a lv16 warrior and i dont run when doing elite Jarl......
    This wasn't directed at you than It was a generic response to what I have seen as a increasing thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Why i never run into these 90 sec runs is beyond me. My luck must not be good in this game. The lowest for me was 230
    PL: [Kaukreu, Revchantress, Bearxarrows, Chargexthem, Putxinxwork, Wwoodsdweller, Sscdweller, Darkffarmer, Sanhican,Forestforest,
    Pve_farming, Strtnuke]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Or the warriors who refuse to use hp pots and then blame everyone else for not healing them and wipe the group. When a couple pots would kept them alive.

If you're sitting at 20%the hp. For multiple secs pop a pot please. When you have 2khp you have more than enough time to use a pot to stay alive.

Prolly just beating a dead bush since I doubt they read the forums.
    Last edited by Muhmota; 12-09-2012 at 08:46 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Muhmota For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jerzy448 View Post
    Why i never run into these 90 sec runs is beyond me. My luck must not be good in this game. The lowest for me was 230
    They are out there but few and far between. Once you do run with some people in those 90 second runs be sure to add them to your friends list as they make life way easier.

When I was on my warrior with those 2 rogues we ran Jarl for 1 hour at 90 second runs every single tims. Ended up with quite a few pinks too since I was able to double my runs that most run at.
    AL - AGROCRAG - My guess is 12,345

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Full Tank = No Windmill to begin with.

Even with Elite Rogue/Mages, if you have a Full Tank build you don't have to worry about that or pots as Juggernaut helps with that incredibly.

Unless you are a "DPS" War, you won't need the likes of Windmill or Skyward Sword. (CS/Axe is plenty good)

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

What's even worse is when your tank doesn't know how to tank. You're supposed to stand still. What don't other tanks understand about standing still. By standing still, the run can go a lot faster.

AL: Thermite (L 31 Warrior) | Thermate (L 41 Sorcerer) | Thermyte (L 18 Rogue)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

most people who dont play warriors dont realise how expensive it it to tank elite sure a good party i dont need a single pot but a really bad party that doesnt heal can use upwards of fourty pots which is bs

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fodda For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What's annoying is the fact that half of the warriors in the game don't know how to maintain aggro or they don't have their skills set to maintain aggro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

I dont know about you, but if you guys are all complaining about not having a good tank, why dont you make one yourself and be one? lmfao. Lets see how easy/hard it is to be a tank .

SL: Ark;Misfit;Sleepingpills;Hugster // DL: Ark // AL: Ark // PL: Ark
    [Retired Player]

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ark For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ark View Post
    I dont know about you, but if you guys are all complaining about not having a good tank, why dont you make one yourself and be one? lmfao. Lets see how easy/hard it is to be a tank .
    I tank for groups with my rogue, or invite a lowbie and solo Jarl in 75 seconds. /flex

It's not hard. Just blow cooldowns and maximize DPS, and use potions.
    Looking for dedicated leaderboard players with a sense of perfectionism and patience. PM me on the forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Whats a lowbie in this game? Aren't we all?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I like when i got junk armor/weapon and run jarl with 3 other tanks with obvisously better weapons and armor and they only use primary attack causing my poor but to maintain aggro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default Message to Warriors and Elite Characters

I like my lifelikes though warriors just need a "agro buff" to easy to lose it imo either that or I run with bad tanks...
    PL (DEADBITE L.75 bird UGOTSNIPEDDD L.66 bird NIFECALEDLUST L.55)
    AL (DEADBITE L.16 warrior TENDENCIES L.16 rogue SWANSONGS L.16 mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

So basically this was a thread to call out warriors. Seems your running with bad tanks. I have no problem at all keeping aggro I'm full tank build.
    Let's turn the tables a bit from what I've seen on most mages and rogues. First mage if you want to live let the tank grab aggro while rushing to jarl. Don't aoe the group before jarl until you see little red comas above their head or you will run back alone. Last for you mages let the warrior position jarl so when you spam your lightning attack it doesn't aggro the mobs at the bridge.

Rogues again don't peircer on the boss you will be alone and will die if you do this, like stated above follow with the group. Next, don't run over and aggro jarl while the warrior is killing the group of mobs, most of the aggro is attained by first couple attacks. Also don't sit in back of the group spamming aimed shot and noxious bolt, grow some and get in the action.

See it's not hard to call classes out by their faults. If you want good tanks Add Zero in game and I'll show ya and give ya some names of good tanks.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to *Zero* For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymous:887329
    Dear Elite Characters,

I understand the need to run around with elite weapons and show them off I really do I have multiple L16's also but if you are doing Jarl runs or other Elite runs and you are a rogue or a mage please put away your Elite weapons in favor of something that won't out DPS the tank if you see they will be out DPS'd.
    Anyone else reading this part?

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Well, I tank, but I gotta say there is little to no support in PUGs from other players. I end up potting to the tune of 100 pots an hour as others run back instead of healing.

And why do people hang back in the hauntlet? It would seem to get the speed hauntlet coin you need to be towards the other side of the zone when the popup to proceed happens to be fast. I get groups that hang at the entrance trying to avoid getting hit by those flying blobs that turn into spawn puddles and end up finishing after the 3:30 mark. If I am not on the boss by 2:30 I feel like I am with a hopeless group and exit the instance.

Good, solid PUG runs are few and far between. I'm finding it is much better to just run with the guild.
    Last edited by KillaSkillz; 12-10-2012 at 07:32 AM.

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymous View Post
    Dear Elite Characters,

What does this mean?

Agree with everything else though. Wtf is up with warriors not having/using potions though? I don't mind popping a dozen if Jarl targets me, why should a warrior die instead of spending...10 gold? 15 gold? And seriously, people leave the map if there's only one warrior and rogues+sorcerers. What's up with that? You need one warrior to tank the boss. You don't even need more than two people to kill the weakling.
    Tuik - Rogue
    Pululu - Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

For all to play well, be fair and use some pots be it hp pot/mp pots.

*DivineHawkz -46 Operative
    Tired and sad but fun.. - Feitan