Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyward Smash Vs Windmill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Default Skyward Smash Vs Windmill

Both of these r great aoe skill.
    So of which these two r better aoe skill?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Windmill

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

hmm . . depends. . . windmill can have 3 hits, but you can use smash 3 times before windmill is off cooldown lol. . .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheLowerLight View Post
    hmm . . depends. . . windmill can have 3 hits, but you can use smash 3 times before windmill is off cooldown lol. . .
    well although it hit 3 mobs, u can move freely around hitting almost evry enemy. u can kill enemies pretty fast rather than spamming hammer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Aoe wise, windmill but dps wise sky
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Threat output wise, Windmill wins Skyward Smash.
    Damage wise, Skyward Smash is stronger.
    Skyward Smash spamming has higher dps provided there is consistent mana regen.
    OneAxeHole @ MapleSEA.
    Guild Master of Singaporeans.
    Kenoon - Lv21 Tank Warrior.
    Hiddenleaf - Lv15 Pure Dex Ranger

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kenoon View Post
    Threat output wise, Windmill wins Skyward Smash.
    Damage wise, Skyward Smash is stronger.
    Skyward Smash spamming has higher dps provided there is consistent mana regen.
    well well well; although smash hit hard bt for one time hit only. windmill hit 10x times than hammer lol. so windmill has more total dmg. :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Windmill may have a higher total damage per use, but you can use skyward smash multiple times for every 1 use of windmill. Also, with skyward smash, EVERYTHING within 6 meters gets hit--not just 3 enemies. If there are 5+ enemies around you, skyward smash is much more efficient.

Windmill is better for PUG tomb runs because usually stuff gets spread out and you need to move around to hit everything, but in a party that lets you gather the mobs properly, skyward smash is better in my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Dps = Skyward Smash
    Tanking = Windmill
    OneAxeHole @ MapleSEA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

dps is directly related to tanking, so that is a contradictory statement..

I use skyward smash and chest splitter on my tank, and I've literally never come across another warrior using windmill who could take aggro from me.. not even for a second. I personally don't think windmill is better than skyward smash for ANYTHING except for doing tomb runs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Play more runs in Jarl.
    Most of the time i'm taking the aggro as tank.
    Have not seen Skyward Smash taking over neither.
    Probably we get to meet.
    OneAxeHole @ MapleSEA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Carter:887982
    dps is directly related to tanking, so that is a contradictory statement..

I use skyward smash and chest splitter on my tank, and I've literally never come across another warrior using windmill who could take aggro from me.. not even for a second. I personally don't think windmill is better than skyward smash for ANYTHING except for doing tomb runs.
    Come se me bro and ill show you one war with windmill that will take aggro off you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Okay.. my IGN is Elfstone. Hit me up whenever you want =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Ill hit you up ingame we are guildies. :-)
    ill also go farther to say the 10%dam +on sky will get shat upon by the 15% per swing wind as the linear bonuses progress with lvl increases. Even more if the 15% stacks per hit until skill is done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

The range on SM (18m) is literally 3x the range of WM (6m).. plus I can use it almost 3 times for every 1 WM you use. Also, SM damage is 131-164 while WM is only 103-129--that negates your 5% bonus damage and THEN some.

I don't know.. maybe WM IS better on paper.. but from my experience, I've never lost aggro to a warrior using WM--even one with better gear. We'll see I suppose =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Carter View Post
    The range on SM (18m) is literally 3x the range of WM (6m).. plus I can use it almost 3 times for every 1 WM you use. Also, SM damage is 131-164 while WM is only 103-129--that negates your 5% bonus damage and THEN some.

I don't know.. maybe WM IS better on paper.. but from my experience, I've never lost aggro to a warrior using WM--even one with better gear. We'll see I suppose =)
    We can do some math for boss fight(since that is most important) using your stats. SM cd is 4sec. WM cd is 10sec.

In 20sec and assuming we do not factor in skill casting time, 5 casts of SM= (131+164)/2x5=737.5
    In 20sec and assuming we do not factor in skill casting time, 2 casts of WM= (103+129)/2x4x2=928
    (if you are wondering where the 4 for WM comes from, it is due to the 4 procs that each cast of WM has. Note also that for aoe, each of these 4 procs allows 3 mobs to be hit. This means a total of 12 hits for 1 cast of WM.)

Note the above situation does not factor in charged cast time. Using SM would require longer cast times over 5 casts, which would allow the WM warrior to use additional normal attacks or other skills during this period.

For aoe trash mobs situation:
    Let us consider the group of 5 mobs before jarl as an example.
    In 20sec, 5 casts of SM= (131+164)/2x5x5= 3,687.5
    In 20sec, 2 casts of WM= (103+129)/2x4x2x3= 2,784
    This assumes SM hits all 5 mobs on all 5 casts and mobs remain stacked close together. Also, Note that longer charged cast time for 5 SM. WM user can use CS during this period to add in more dmg. However, for simplicity's sake, it appears that SM has potential for more dmg for aoe situation of 5mobs.

Hope I have not made any errors in my math or logical reasoning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalite View Post
    We can do some math for boss fight(since that is most important) using your stats. SM cd is 4sec. WM cd is 10sec.

In 20sec and assuming we do not factor in skill casting time, 5 casts of SM= (131+164)/2x5=737.5
    In 20sec and assuming we do not factor in skill casting time, 2 casts of WM= (103+129)/2x4x2=928
    (if you are wondering where the 4 for WM comes from, it is due to the 4 procs that each cast of WM has. Note also that for aoe, each of these 4 procs allows 3 mobs to be hit. This means a total of 12 hits for 1 cast of WM.)

Note the above situation does not factor in charged cast time. Using SM would require longer cast times over 5 casts, which would allow the WM warrior to use additional normal attacks or other skills during this period.

For aoe trash mobs situation:
    Let us consider the group of 5 mobs before jarl as an example.
    In 20sec, 5 casts of SM= (131+164)/2x5x5= 3,687.5
    In 20sec, 2 casts of WM= (103+129)/2x4x2x3= 2,784
    This assumes SM hits all 5 mobs on all 5 casts and mobs remain stacked close together. Also, Note that longer charged cast time for 5 SM. WM user can use CS during this period to add in more dmg. However, for simplicity's sake, it appears that SM has potential for more dmg for aoe situation of 5mobs.

Hope I have not made any errors in my math or logical reasoning.
    good maths B-) bt u can use WM moving around in circle until u hit all mobs. 3hit of WM is flat hit. moving around with toon while WM is on will hit almost all nd in jst one WM use we can eliminate those 5mobs :-) while 2-3 SM is needed to eliminate it :-P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGunX View Post
    good maths B-) bt u can use WM moving around in circle until u hit all mobs. 3hit of WM is flat hit. moving around with toon while WM is on will hit almost all nd in jst one WM use we can eliminate those 5mobs :-) while 2-3 SM is needed to eliminate it :-P
    Hehe thx. =P

But oooh, the idea that WM can hit all mobs (or more than 3) while moving is a misconception. The way to verify this is by entering tombs solo (try tombs 2 if no party. Less peeps farming) and luring as many mobs as possible into an alcove. When you use WM and start moving around, you will see that it doesnt hit all mobs, but still only 3 per proc, for a total of 4 procs x 3 mobs per proc.
    There are 2 methods for verifying this:
    1) This is seen via the hp bars of mobs you hit. Very few hp bars seen, meaning you hit only so many targets each. Likewise, this applies to say a mage's fireball. Even though the description says fireball can bit all targets near you, this is in fact not the case. Again, once you test it out yourself, you will know what I mean.
    2) A second method of double-checking this is that once you know how much dmg your WM(or any skill in question) does per hit on a mob, as you clear the entire group of mobs, you realize there are many mobs that remain undamaged by yout previous casts of WM, as they are all at full hp. E.g. If your WM or fireball had been able to damage ALL mobs, you will only need another hit to finish them off. But you can see they are at full hp.

The same goes for skyward smash. Contrary to what most people may think, even if you stack 10-20 mobs as close as possible, it appears you can only hit a few of them each time, roughly 4-5.

Conclusion: Damage calculation for SM can only hit a few mobs (maybe around 5 or thereabouts) even if you stack them closely. WM can only hit 3 targets, just like what skill description says, regardless of whether you are standing still or moving. In fact, I believe there is a maximum target limitation for any skill (e.g. Fireball included) in the game, despite what skill description may say.

Can anyone verify this for a fact? Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

This is excellent and well informed gj. Sometime create time skill cycles and see what set.has.more wasted time none of my skilld stay avail.for more than a sec i am.pure str.all mighty gear and never run outta mana rarely do 2 timers become avail together with exception of cs and wind which i do in order anyway
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Best thing to test would be use only one skill (Windmill Or Skyor whatever) to complete a certain level and note the time.Make sure to keep other factors neglegible such as pets(Because they kill too).