Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Default Guildwars 2 is the best video game according Time Magazine

Source: http://techland.time.com/2012/12/04/...ild-wars-2-pc/

It's official, Guildwars 2 is the best!!! according to Time Magazine

Best Video Games 2012

1. Guildwars 2 (MMORPG, PC)
    2. Xenoblade Chronicles (RPG, Nintendo Wii)
    3. XCOM: Enemy Unknown (Turn Based RPG, PC/PS3/XBOX 360)
    4. Dishonored (First Person Action Adventure, PC/PS3/XBOX 360)
    5. Assassin's Creed III (Action Adventure, PC/PS3/XBOX 360/Wii)
    6. Papo & Yo (Fantasy Adventure, PS3)
    7. The Last Story (Action RPG, Nintendo Wii)
    8. LittleBigPlanet (Puzzle-Platformer, PS3)
    9. Halo 4 (FPS, XBOX 360)
    10. Torchlight II (Action RPG w/peer to peer multiplayer, PC)

Time Magazine is known to make a list of the best of everything as a year ends. Personally, I always look forward to this list and make sure I check out as many as I can. Major categories include Arts and Entertainment, Pop Culture, Social Media, Health and Society, Science and Space, Biz Tech and Sports, Politics and News. This is a major league list from a major league magazine.

I'm glad Guildwars 2 got the recognition it deserves and so I'm sharing it here. That's a very awesome recognition considering the survey was done across all platforms of all genres, you really should be the BEST of the BEST to be considered in this list.

I personally played every game in that list and those are all darn great games. I'm not surprised Borderlands 2 didn't make it because at this level of competition, it's anybody's ballgame, the difference are decimal places in % scoring.

Check it out, it has many informative lists there other than video games...if you want to see the best gadgets, movies, stories, trends or what not, go take a peek enjoy!

"Best there is, Best there was, and the Best there ever will be"
    Last edited by vampinoy; 12-10-2012 at 05:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Aww halo 4 is down to 9. did you try it tho?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Yeah buddy Guild Wars 2 is the best! Can I hear an "amen?" No?...Oh...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

That is not a logical title.

"Best" is an opinion. Why should you let a magazine tell you what game is the best? After all, some people find PAC-MAN to be the best video game in the existence of video games. It's just their opinion, doesn't matter.

Just because Time Magazine is reputable does not make it "official" or reputable enough to be able to declare it the best. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Just a little logic.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Not logical? Do you even read TIME? Do you know about their LISTS that they're well known for, Time 100? Most influential people? Ring a bell? I've been subscribed to TIME since 2001 and being an Editor's Choice in Time is Official because people recognize their lists, the entire world takes notice that iPhone 5 is on Time's number 1 spot or onlive desktop as Time's best app for iOS/Androd Tablets. Call it an expert opinion. Even courts of law recognizes expert opinions, because opinions can pass as truths, it depends on who is telling them and in this case it's TIME, are you saying TIME is not a legit source of opinions of video games? not reputable enough, are you kidding me? They've been doing this for years from influential people, movies, man of the year, video games, gadgets, name it, they probably listed them, and everytime they release lists, the world tunes in. TIME is not "some people", it's globally recognized as a source of aggregate lists on top of being a magazine.

Besides, their methodology have always been through aggregate sourcing meaning it came from opinions WORLDWIDE. Every other video game company recognizes TIME...Massively.com, Gamespot, Gametrailers...heck, even Wikipedia and google, they've been endorsing TIME's "list" for a long time now, did you know that? I didn't say this is the ONLY list, but that doesn't mean this is not official. It's like your Oscars, they got best actors and what not, but there are also other awarding bodies, does that make the other less official? No. By your logic, nothing should be the best. You were right about one thing, you used "little logic"

PS: How many of those games have you actually played? Have you played Guildwars 2? It has ultra high ratings in all game critics like Metacritic, Gamerankings, Gamespy, G4, IGN, all of which TIME took into account...it's a straight AAA+ game. Come back with more facts, vague posts like that will just make you look like a hater TIME is not some people LOL (just repeating that). Prove that TIME is not legit or Prove that Guildwars 2 or any of those games are not legit, but if you'll attack the list based on a shallow argument that "it's just an opinion"...one advice, don't be jelly Someday your beloved Arcane Legends/Pocket Legends/Star Legends/Dark Legends will be in that list (NOT)

It's even posted at their website...and giving away discounts and freebies...Guildwars 2 wouldn't suddenly decide to call themselves that? I doubt they would post anything like that unless it's from something "official" ;D That would be misleading and people would rage at Guildwars 2, but that's not the case since it is official...(You've no idea how much WoW fanboys would hate on Guildwars 2 if they got caught self proclaiming to be the best Unfortunately for them, it is actually from an official source...so...eat your hearts out WOW fanboys)
    Name:  best.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  219.9 KB

...Oh and for the record. TIME did rank Pac-Man as one of the greatest games of all TIME. source: http://techland.time.com/2012/11/15/.../pac-man-1980/.
    Last edited by vampinoy; 12-11-2012 at 10:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post

"Best" is an opinion. Why should you let a magazine tell you what game is the best? After all, some people find PAC-MAN to be the best video game in the existence of video games. It's just their opinion, doesn't matter.

Just because Time Magazine is reputable does not make it "official" or reputable enough to be able to declare it the best. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Just a little logic.
    This is true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Just a little logic.
    Apollo haha I think "best" would be better defined as "most popular."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy View Post
    Not logical? Do you even read TIME? Do you know about their LISTS that they're well known for, Time 100? Most influential people? Ring a bell? I've been subscribed to TIME since 2001 and being an Editor's Choice in Time is Official because people recognize their lists, the entire world takes notice that iPhone 5 is on Time's number 1 spot or onlive desktop as Time's best app for iOS/Androd Tablets. Call it an expert opinion. Even courts of law recognizes expert opinions, because opinions can pass as truths, it depends on who is telling them and in this case it's TIME, are you saying TIME is not a legit source of opinions of video games? not reputable enough, are you kidding me? They've been doing this for years from influential people, movies, man of the year, video games, gadgets, name it, they probably listed them, and everytime they release lists, the world tunes in. TIME is not "some people", it's globally recognized as a source of aggregate lists on top of being a magazine.

Besides, their methodology have always been through aggregate sourcing meaning it came from opinions WORLDWIDE. Every other video game company recognizes TIME...Massively.com, Gamespot, Gametrailers...heck, even Wikipedia and google, they've been endorsing TIME's "list" for a long time now, did you know that? I didn't say this is the ONLY list, but that doesn't mean this is not official. It's like your Oscars, they got best actors and what not, but there are also other awarding bodies, does that make the other less official? No. By your logic, nothing should be the best. You were right about one thing, you used "little logic"

PS: How many of those games have you actually played? Have you played Guildwars 2? It has ultra high ratings in all game critics like Metacritic, Gamerankings, Gamespy, G4, IGN, all of which TIME took into account...it's a straight AAA+ game. Come back with more facts, vague posts like that will just make you look like a hater TIME is not some people LOL (just repeating that). Prove that TIME is not legit or Prove that Guildwars 2 or any of those games are not legit, but if you'll attack the list based on a shallow argument that "it's just an opinion"...one advice, don't be jelly Someday your beloved Arcane Legends/Pocket Legends/Star Legends/Dark Legends will be in that list (NOT)

It's even posted at their website...and giving away discounts and freebies...Guildwars 2 wouldn't suddenly decide to call themselves that? I doubt they would post anything like that unless it's from something "official" ;D That would be misleading and people would rage at Guildwars 2, but that's not the case since it is official...(You've no idea how much WoW fanboys would hate on Guildwars 2 if they got caught self proclaiming to be the best Unfortunately for them, it is actually from an official source...so...eat your hearts out WOW fanboys)
    Name:  best.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  219.9 KB

...Oh and for the record. TIME did rank Pac-Man as one of the greatest games of all TIME. source: http://techland.time.com/2012/11/15/.../pac-man-1980/.
    Something being the best is an opinion, therefore it can't be a fact. Therefore, it cannot be official, because it isn't a fact but an opinion.

Guildwars 2 mentioned it because people read the article and can't decide for themselves which game they think is the best, so they let a magazine do it for them. It's free advertising for Guildwars 2!

Thus, going off the basic ground rules about facts and opinions, it simply can't be the best.

Once again, it's not logical to say it's the best. Personally, I find the James Bond series the best video games. See?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Something being the best is an opinion, therefore it can't be a fact. Therefore, it cannot be official, because it isn't a fact but an opinion.

Guildwars 2 mentioned it because people read the article and can't decide for themselves which game they think is the best, so they let a magazine do it for them. It's free advertising for Guildwars 2!

Thus, going off the basic ground rules about facts and opinions, it simply can't be the best.

Once again, it's not logical to say it's the best. Personally, I find the James Bond series the best video games. See?
    Totally agree. At least your post makes sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

When did becoming the best excluded subjectivity? That's why you have expert opinions, surveys, voting, to make ends meet. I never said this was a fact, in fact, I said it was an expert opinion from a legitimate source. We have the best boxers of all time, most influential people of all time, best movies of all time, all made by TIME and has been recognized by the world. They're filled with opinions but that's the purpose of TIME, they take in as many opinions and come up with a list. Again, your ignorance fails you, you've no idea about TIME it seems yet so fearless with your opinions. IT'S NOT THEIR OWN OPINION. They are like census in nature. They're aggregate opinions from all over the world, in this case, the gaming world. Again, lists/votes/polls never claim to be an objective fact similar to saying that Obama is the US president, rather, they are fact of opinions. I hope by now you already encountered that term Opinions can be used as data to come up with a fact, and that's marketing 101.

This expert opinion derived from a system method resulted to this particular list, which, makes TIME impartial to the result. So the issue now is whether TIME is trustworthy or manipulative of the vote/survey/poll results. Again look at their track record. It's the voice of the entire gaming world, not a few as what you seem to think. There are only a few bodies in this world that makes a list this big as TIME.

Your argument that just because it's not a finite/numeric/quantifiable fact that something cannot be the best is flawed. The term best alone requires people's subjective opinions and many qualities cannot be quantified rather only be judged or be given opinions, that's why you do surveys to get a census. If you think that James bond is the best, and I think Batman is the best...if an "official" body would take our opinions together with millions of other people...they will come up with a result based on all our opinions, in turn, come up with a fact of a collective's opinion thus making it quantifiable and factual If the result turns out to be Batman, then now it's fact that Batman is the best based on opinions. I'm not sure if you studied marketing yet, but there's a thing called sample size, you don't have to survey the entire world to get census, just the right percentage. TIME is doing a similar thing only more sophisticated. They're not a bunch of nerds in a room just exchanging opinions, no LOL.

PS: You're ignorance fails you again. Guildwars 2 was already crowned the best of 2012 by unofficial critics and has proven to be the most exciting game with 2 millions sales in less than a month. Heck, as early as 2011, people were already declaring Guildwars 2 as the next gen MMO game. In fact, up to this day, Guildwars 2 is having problems preventing people from coming in their game because their servers will explode of population. They're regulating their population. They're actually preventing people from stampeding their game. This was all before TIME recognized them. Fee Advertising? What for? Where have you been? GW2 has been popular for 8 years now along with World of Warcraft and the other contenders. If they wanted to claim to be the best just for the sake of it and for free marketing, there were already numerous critics that called them numero UNO, the best, the #1, king of MMO, premier game, etc. and this was before TIME magazine released their list, some of those critics are recognized too, why didn't they use that? Answer, because they weren't official lists like TIME, and their intention was not to get a free ad. Don't arrive at hasty conclusions when you don't know squat

The combination of your ignorance of TIME magazine's method, basic marketing, and ignorance of the games within the list itself is really reason to your opinion. You don't know anything about it, therefore, you use your "well it's just an opinion therefore it cannot be the best" argument and shrug it off. Obviously, people like Astrocat, who has equally the same level of ignorance as yours would agree with you.

My intention was just to share this news here to update people of the latest. Good thing I've not seen a single soul with the same logic as yours in other forums At least it's confined within the four walls of this forums Whew. Thank god!
    Last edited by vampinoy; 12-11-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Guys, seriously? If I'm not mistaken y'all are both adults which is sad because what I'm seeing now is worse than my 9 and 11 year old sisters fighting. Y'all are arguing two totally different things. Next time define the word "best" before snapping at each other. It's this simple-

Vampinoy describes best as most popular, and most known, and best mechanics.

Apollo describes best as most fun and most enjoyable.

Done and done. Can y'all please stop biting each others heads off now? It shouldn't take a teenager to point out the ridiculousness of y'all's arguing.

#Sorry for the vent

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Guys, seriously? If I'm not mistaken y'all are both adults which is sad because what I'm seeing now is worse than my 9 and 11 year old sisters fighting. Y'all are arguing two totally different things. Next time define the word "best" before snapping at each other. It's this simple-

Vampinoy describes best as most popular, and most known, and best mechanics.

Apollo describes best as most fun and most enjoyable.

Done and done. Can y'all please stop biting each others heads off now? It shouldn't take a teenager to point out the ridiculousness of y'all's arguing.

#Sorry for the vent
    Omg flame moar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    Omg flame moar.
    -.-