Thread: Fireball VS Frost Bolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Default Fireball VS Frost Bolt

So among these two great aoe skill, which one u prefer most and why?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I don't really think they're directly comparable. Fireball is a great Aoe; 'nuff said. Frost, while it can function as Aoe, it's better suited to situations like boss encounters—utilizing the amazing DOT—or when fighting elite mobs in groups of 1-3.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

frost can freeze nearby enemies also

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Default Fireball VS Frost Bolt

I'd say Fireball is more for a group of mobs while Frost Bolt is for taking down bosses or mini bosses, but I prefer Lightning Strike over Frost Bolt, because of you add the right things, it can hurt one enemy, and he hurts his friends, so you can kill a boss and his evil friends quicker!

PL: Faoeskekie L76 Enchantress(0.5k/300k), Faouskekie L71 Bird, Faoiskekie L45 Bear, Tvrtle L50 Fox, Rhinasaurus L38 Rhino

SL: Bizilia L45 Engineer, DL: Faoeskekie L36 Vampire, AL: Faoeskekie L20 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Frost is not intended to function as an AoE, although it has a nice small splash area and great DoT damage. As mentioned it serves best when there are less than three targets. For the record, it can stun the target of the spell indefinitely provided it's a trash mob (elite or normal, or Ghul).

Fireball really shines when you need to shut down huge packs of enemies to mitigate damage on your team. Hauntlet comes to mind here. The FB damage isn't great, but the huge AoE and stun is what matters. Along with Time Shift and Gale Force you could literally blow an entire crowd into nothingness without losing a shred of HP.
    Looking for dedicated leaderboard players with a sense of perfectionism and patience. PM me on the forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Frost is not intended to function as an AoE, although it has a nice small splash area and great DoT damage. As mentioned it serves best when there are less than three targets. For the record, it can stun the target of the spell indefinitely provided it's a trash mob (elite or normal, or Ghul).

Fireball really shines when you need to shut down huge packs of enemies to mitigate damage on your team. Hauntlet comes to mind here. The FB damage isn't great, but the huge AoE and stun is what matters. Along with Time Shift and Gale Force you could literally blow an entire crowd into nothingness without losing a shred of HP.
    Looking for dedicated leaderboard players with a sense of perfectionism and patience. PM me on the forums

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Frost is useful as CC. You can ignore the frozen guy (while he takes damage from ice) while hitting others.

Idk if this works in elite but in regular map I can fight the snow troll while I keep the witch frozen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

The first skill of each classes are a must, end of. Jkjk but its half true, theyre dps all of em!
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I would go with frostbolt again and again

Mainly because I love freezing the mines boss before he reaches his portal, and you don't need to charge a frostbolt to get the DoT

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TheLowerLight For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Don't hear many people mentioning the - 25%/hit perk from fireball. Complete damage mitigation from targets for 5 seconds?! Running hauntlet or boss fighting, 5 seconds is a long time.

You can even substitute this for the knock back perk to reduce displacing nicely packed enemy groups in hauntlet/kraag runs. As a matter of fact, I recommend it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheLowerLight View Post
    I would go with frostbolt again and again

Mainly because I love freezing the mines boss before he reaches his portal, and you don't need to charge a frostbolt to get the DoT
    Nice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

This shouldn't be an either or. Fireball is an amazing AoE and with it's knockdown upgrade it does wonders at keeping mages alive by buying you a few seconds to run closer, plop down another attack, and then run out. You really should have it unless you are experienced and have made a very custom build.
    Montanaguy (16 Warrior) [elite lvl cap: 16; 26; 31] / Montanaman (16 Mage) [16] / Montanadood (16 Rogue) [16]