Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The dillema

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default The dillema

AL's economy is going down in the drain, see how much gold is already in game? The prices of a single elite set is over 500k, why! Because people think they can! This gets people to buy the item (usually plat brought gold) and others to list the item for same price, the whole cycle is repeated until cs is totally inflated.

My suggestion: Change the plat to gold rates similar to PL (which is ridiculous but atleast its economy didnt dent fast!).

Constructive critism and feedback is appriciated!

Ps. Titlefaillikeabaws!
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default The dillema

It's how they get $$$ cause there's no thrashers and the Elix that do exist suck....
    PL (DEADBITE L.75 bird UGOTSNIPEDDD L.66 bird NIFECALEDLUST L.55)
    AL (DEADBITE L.16 warrior TENDENCIES L.16 rogue SWANSONGS L.16 mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Default The dillema

To me it seems that many people are reflecting the PL economy which has inflated almost as much as earths has

PL Valkarya- 65 dex/int Mage~Ubernova- 51 str bear~Bearwithbow- 27 farmer dex bear~valksfarmer- 10 farmer bird
    SL Uberhealer- 40 engi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Vamos a la playa! <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Me thinks players have no idea what they want.

When STS makes the best items rare, prices go way up and people complain such as in this thread.

When STS makes the best items common, then they become very cheap and everyone has the same items (i.e. forgotten bows in PL) and everyone complains that all players are walking around wearing the same exact gear.

What I think players want is for the items to be cheap for them to acquire, but also very rare. Sorry, but this is impossible and nothing STS can do will cause this to happen. It's just basic rules of economics.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

I'm the guy with my hand on your shoulder
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

The dilemma is i never see miraclebird on PL
    O Hai Der

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

I think sts should remove plat for gold option... They said at the beginning plat was gonna be for non game boosting stuff, and for stuff like character slot and renames and vanities :/

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to akfury For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by akfury View Post
    I think sts should remove plat for gold option... They said at the beginning plat was gonna be for non game boosting stuff, and for stuff like character slot and renames and vanities :/
    i agree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

If they removed the plat for gold, th economy would stabilize, but that wont happen.

They dont want the best items being bought by plat but that is essentially what is happening. Buy plat>buy gold> buy high $items.

They could put a lower cap on cs forcing poplee to sell manually for highh $items but at best that would only slow the problem. There is no easy solution without rmoving plat4gold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Just make the plat for gold a bit less attractive than it is currently. Maybe cut the amount of gold for each package in half.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

True.. =/ but I like that Plat to Gold system. :,0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Economy is fine. Loot your gear instead of buying it

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Economy is fine. Loot your gear instead of buying it
    After weeks of farming =/ well for me -_- even if no pinks. -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Here's my perspective. I'm a level 16 player with average gear, and I have a lot of fun playing AL. I may not have the best gear, but so what? I don't feel like I need it. I can run the Hauntlet without a problem and play the Elite maps when I want a challenge.

If 1% of players can afford the best gear and want to spend that kind of money, then that's fine with me. I'll just be in the 99% and continue having fun regardless.

This gear situation might cause a problem when player-vs-player becomes available, but let's save that discussion for when it happens. Maybe STS will find a fair way to balance things for player-vs-player.

If I were going to complain about the AL economy, my concern would be about the lower end items. The majority of items in the game are junk that isn't even worth selling in the CS. In the game's current state, why do white items even exist? I think they should rebalance things by making white items more common and everything else harder to find. Green items are supposed to be "rare", but that's a joke right now. If green+blue items were harder to find, then I'd feel more motivated to actually use the CS. I think the entire "economy" would be more fun that way.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eviljack For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eviljack View Post
    Here's my perspective. I'm a level 16 player with average gear, and I have a lot of fun playing AL. I may not have the best gear, but so what? I don't feel like I need it. I can run the Hauntlet without a problem and play the Elite maps when I want a challenge.

If 1% of players can afford the best gear and want to spend that kind of money, then that's fine with me. I'll just be in the 99% and continue having fun regardless.

This gear situation might cause a problem when player-vs-player becomes available, but let's save that discussion for when it happens. Maybe STS will find a fair way to balance things for player-vs-player.

If I were going to complain about the AL economy, my concern would be about the lower end items. The majority of items in the game are junk that isn't even worth selling in the CS. In the game's current state, why do white items even exist? I think they should rebalance things by making white items more common and everything else harder to find. Green items are supposed to be "rare", but that's a joke right now. If green+blue items were harder to find, then I'd feel more motivated to actually use the CS. I think the entire "economy" would be more fun that way.
    Got a point I see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eviljack View Post
    I agree. At least have purple items (I think they are purple, not blue LOL) be a little more rare. They seem to drop constantly, and are so low in price they aren't even worth selling in the CS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Unless you can somehow go into everyone's account and remove as much gold as you see fit, stop complaining. There's threads whining about how there isn't as much gold, and there's threads whining about there being too much gold. It's turning into an annoying fad. How do you think they make the gold? cuz it sure isnt any other way besides plat. And if that's how it is, oh well, devs cant do anything about it. Btw just because the price is that high doesn't mean it will sell. It only inflates when EVERYONE has a ton of money, and I can assure you there is a significant amount of people out there under 50k, not to mention there will probably be another gold sink in the future.

Well I'll also admit eviljack has a point, there really isnt a high demand for the best items, because there's no pvp for people to test each other skills with. If there's already this much of a complaint going on when its unnecessary, i feel bad about what'll happen once people start fighting each other (OOOH Founders helm is sooooo OP) and crap like that.
    Last edited by Aeroflame; 12-10-2012 at 07:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I've seen this claim a lot but haven't seen proof. Would you mind sharing where STS said plat wouldn't be used to improve characters in AL?
    Montanaguy (16 Warrior) [elite lvl cap: 16; 26; 31] / Montanaman (16 Mage) [16] / Montanadood (16 Rogue) [16]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Montanabro View Post
    Would you mind sharing where STS said plat wouldn't be used to improve characters in AL?

would be an awesome wonka theme

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Aeroflame For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    AL's economy is going down in the drain, see how much gold is already in game? The prices of a single elite set is over 500k, why! Because people think they can! This gets people to buy the item (usually plat brought gold) and others to list the item for same price, the whole cycle is repeated until cs is totally inflated.

My suggestion: Change the plat to gold rates similar to PL (which is ridiculous but atleast its economy didnt dent fast!).

Constructive critism and feedback is appriciated!

Ps. Titlefaillikeabaws!
    I'd tell you to just farm your own gear but then you'd complain you didn't have enough free time to farm. so in an attempt to solve all this complaining maybe STS should just let you pick whatever gear you want. After all, that's the only real solution.

Just because you can't afford to buy gear from other players doesn't mean there's a problem.