Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The dillema

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:888979
    Me thinks players have no idea what they want.

When STS makes the best items rare, prices go way up and people complain such as in this thread.

When STS makes the best items common, then they become very cheap and everyone has the same items (i.e. forgotten bows in PL) and everyone complains that all players are walking around wearing the same exact gear.

What I think players want is for the items to be cheap for them to acquire, but also very rare. Sorry, but this is impossible and nothing STS can do will cause this to happen. It's just basic rules of economics.
    im talking about plat to gold rate.

O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos:889061
    Economy is fine. Loot your gear instead of buying it
    wow everyones goin off topic here, im not buying anything, thats my point, because people buy gold by plat, they automatically just buy their elite - this is not much different than buying elite plat items lol.
    Last edited by Bless; 12-11-2012 at 02:08 AM.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Just dont buy the overpriced gears. When the cap has arrived all will go down the drain and the circus starts over again. Farm or accept " lesser gear" with which it is very playable.
    Pl Akaee 76, Bearbg 76, Whosdaddy 76
    Sl Akaee 46, Bearbg 46, Whosdaddy 46
    Dl Akaee 36, Gruppy 36
    Al Akaee 36, Gruppy 34, Whosdaddy 36

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

A bit off-topic but..
    Where to you farm Trollbane?

P.S - I just capped lol.

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Right now I would guess that 90% of the plat purchases that STS is getting is from buying gold. If they eliminate that, they have to come up with something else that will fill the gap or else the game won't be profitable.

In PL most of the plat is spent on elixirs, but in AL the elixirs are weak and not many folks are spending much on them. A 25% luck elixir does very little to help you, and not much plat is being spent on these.

Just selling vanity items and pets for plat is not going to make them enough money to make the game profitable. Most players will not spend plat unless it significantly improves their characters, not just in looks, but in actual gameplay. So there lies the problem. You would prefer that plat does not improve gameplay, but not many folks would spend plat otherwise.

The only solution would be to charge everyone a monthly fee to play the game, like WOW or other similar games. Then everyone pays the fee and is on a level playing field. I would actually prefer this, but since most of the folks playing here are kids, I'm guessing they would not.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I really wonder where all the freeloaders go when we stop buying plat. I'm getting sickfrom these complaints, money needs to come from some where.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

They make money other ways than just plat purchases

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j3peaz View Post
    They make money other ways than just plat purchases
    Sure, but platinum purchase is the main way, I guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by akfury View Post
    I think sts should remove plat for gold option... They said at the beginning plat was gonna be for non game boosting stuff, and for stuff like character slot and renames and vanities :/
    I agree.. I made 100k in 2 minutes off of that. Just found an offer for 100k+ plat, did it, traded it in for gold. and BAM! Thats all it takes
    Bringing back the wave!
    RIP: Flowman
    MY GUESS: 5,002
    <-- Yes.. it still is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    A bit off-topic but..
    Where to you farm Trollbane?

P.S - I just capped lol.
    Trollbane is practically useless.... They buffed everything BUT IT effectively making the value plummet... Just buy a vorpal or the forerunner bundle sword.
    PL (DEADBITE L.75 bird UGOTSNIPEDDD L.66 bird NIFECALEDLUST L.55)
    AL (DEADBITE L.16 warrior TENDENCIES L.16 rogue SWANSONGS L.16 mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbite View Post
    Trollbane is practically useless.... They buffed everything BUT IT effectively making the value plummet... Just buy a vorpal or the forerunner bundle sword.
    True, il a raison! So yeah, vorpal ftw!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by akfury View Post
    I think sts should remove plat for gold option... They said at the beginning plat was gonna be for non game boosting stuff, and for stuff like character slot and renames and vanities :/
    This would cut their revenue by 90%+. As someone who spends a decent amount of plat, I can tell you how it works. In PL I've probably spent around 4k plat in the past year. Around 500-600 of it was for vanities, and the rest was for "game boosting" stuff like elxirs, items that give stat bonus (dragon pets for dragon sets), and access to plat turnstyle dungeons (where you get better drops).

People don't want to spend plat unless it does boost their character in some meaningful way. Yes, once in a while I may be a vanity cap or something, but I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars doing so. These games are supported mainly by players who spend hundreds of dollars on plat. Nobody is going to do that just to buy some vanities or extra character slots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    im talking about plat to gold rate.

O.o

wow everyones goin off topic here, im not buying anything, thats my point, because people buy gold by plat, they automatically just buy their elite - this is not much different than buying elite plat items lol.
    I get what you're saying now, but I, as well as others, interpreted it differently. When you read it, it really sounds like another thread complaining about the price of gear.

I see what you're saying, but removing plat for gold isn't a solution unless you have something to replace it with. If you think STS is going to develop this game for free... I have an invisible trollbane to sell you.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Right now I would guess that 90% of the plat purchases that STS is getting is from buying gold. If they eliminate that, they have to come up with something else that will fill the gap or else the game won't be profitable.

In PL most of the plat is spent on elixirs, but in AL the elixirs are weak and not many folks are spending much on them. A 25% luck elixir does very little to help you, and not much plat is being spent on these.

Just selling vanity items and pets for plat is not going to make them enough money to make the game profitable. Most players will not spend plat unless it significantly improves their characters, not just in looks, but in actual gameplay. So there lies the problem. You would prefer that plat does not improve gameplay, but not many folks would spend plat otherwise.

The only solution would be to charge everyone a monthly fee to play the game, like WOW or other similar games. Then everyone pays the fee and is on a level playing field. I would actually prefer this, but since most of the folks playing here are kids, I'm guessing they would not.
    This entire post is speculative.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DontNerfMeBro:889641
    AL's economy is going down in the drain, see how much gold is already in game? The prices of a single elite set is over 500k, why! Because people think they can! This gets people to buy the item (usually plat brought gold) and others to list the item for same price, the whole cycle is repeated until cs is totally inflated.

My suggestion: Change the plat to gold rates similar to PL (which is ridiculous but atleast its economy didnt dent fast!).

Constructive critism and feedback is appriciated!

Ps. Titlefaillikeabaws!
    I'd tell you to just farm your own gear but then you'd complain you didn't have enough free time to farm. so in an attempt to solve all this complaining maybe STS should just let you pick whatever gear you want. After all, that's the only real solution.

Just because you can't afford to buy gear from other players doesn't mean there's a problem.
    i aint poor but i aint rich either. This isnt about me, im sayin that plat to gold rate should be like pl. Wake up, gear was an example.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

i aint poor but i aint rich either. This isnt about me, im sayin that plat to gold rate should be like pl. Wake up, gear was an example.
    To serve what purpose? Making things affordable to you, that's what.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

If they did that, nobody would buy it. Like nobody buys it in PL. What's your alternative for STS to encourage plat spending?

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I agree drop rates on everything but legendarys are broken. Commons, rare, and epics all drop at what appears to be the same rate. There are only a few epic pendants and rings that are actually worth anything in the CS. This should not be the case.

Everything else IMO is fine. Top end gear should have a high price, otherwise everyone would have it.
    AL - Atomictreeguy - lvl 20 Sorcerer
    PL - Atomictree - lvl 46 Warrior

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Tree Dude For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbite View Post
    I farm them to sell them.
    Where to farm Vorpal swords then? :O

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DontNerfMeBro View Post
    This entire post is speculative.
    Yes, but I'd bet very close to the truth. I can tell you for certain that my assumptions about PL plat spending are the truth. I know tons of big plat spenders in PL, and all of them spend most of it on elixirs and entry fees to plat dungeons. None of them spend most of their plat on vanities. In fact, even if you bought all the "items" in the PL plat store, you couldn't spend more than maybe 3k plat. The big plat spenders who keep these games profitable spend that much on a monthly basis.

Let's consider the pay-per-month model... How much do they charge per month? $20-30? That is per player, per month. Now with this "free" model, you still have to raise the same amount of cash ($20-30 per month, per player). So how do you do that when so many players don't pay anything? You need some players who spend $100+ per month. And I can tell you that nobody is going to spend $100+ per month (2k+ plat per month) on buying vanity items, elixirs that cost 2 plat each, or new character/inventory slots which all cost minimal plat. Now on the other hand, shelling out 500 plat for 500k gold is where the money is.

They need players to be spending hundreds of plat at a time, not 2 plat at a time. And nobody is going to spend hundreds of plat at a time unless it offers them significant improvements/advantages in gameplay. You can sell them elixirs that offer big advantages (like shamus elixir in PL which gives 100% luck boost). You could charge an entry fee to enter the elite dungeons where the good items drop. Or you could just sell gold for plat. I don't like this solution any more than the rest of you, but it is a necessary evil. Personally I'd rather just pay $20/month.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 12-13-2012 at 02:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Monthly fee sounds good to me (: more on the lines of 15$ though... Most pc mmos don't even charge 20$