Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Champion Items Now Most Expensive Items On CS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalCyr View Post
    I see what Anon was saying. If every listing of an item was 100k+, you could list for less, but a third party will probably see the price difference and buy yours to resell around the higher price. It's only when the higher prices dont sell and people start undercutting each other's prices that we see the prices start to slope downward. As long as it happens gradually and stays that way for a while, the price will have officially dropped. Once people have accepted the new price as the norm, even if someone bought them all and raised the prices drastically, nobody would buy for that high price anymore, unless it were like that for long enough to reset the accepted price range of that item again.
    I think you're severely underestimating the relative pace of market.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Which is why I don't make a very good merchant. My point was, though, if every listing of a certain item is incredibly high, except for one, if I were that third party without any prior knowledge and wanting to make a quick buck, I'd be snatching that item up to repost at slightly less than the others in an effort to make a profit. Unless you're one of the people who kept an eye on that certain item for a while to watch the trends of it, you would get the belief that that item is expensive, regardless of if it normally is/should be cheap.
    AL name: CriticalCyr and CrucialCyr
    Guess: 221

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymous View Post
    Looks like the Champion Items are what people are thinking is going to be the next cash cow for them. There is already many of the L15-L16 items up now for 200k+ but there is now a L15 Rogue Champion weapon up there for 1 million.
    Out of curiousity, how many are listed? Most likely its a case of someone seeing none are available and putting it up for an absurd price.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymous View Post
    If you saw 20 people selling the same item as you for 1 million would you really list it at 10k? Very doubtful.
    You can get in a lot of trouble thinking this way. I'm a merchant in PL and a very successful one at that. And I can tell you that people who think that the CS is a price guide are a big reason why I'm so successful at merching. They are the targets, plain and simple... And they are very predictable. I'm not going to say anymore than that as I don't want to give away my "trade secrets", but let's just say that people who use the CS as a price guide help me out immensely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    You can get in a lot of trouble thinking this way. I'm a merchant in PL and a very successful one at that. And I can tell you that people who think that the CS is a price guide are a big reason why I'm so successful at merching. They are the targets, plain and simple... And they are very predictable. I'm not going to say anymore than that as I don't want to give away my "trade secrets", but let's just say that people who use the CS as a price guide help me out immensely.
    Dam bro. seems like you've really "made it" in life. You talk pro. I'd appreciate if you could help my thread out by posting a comment. you don't have to reveal secrets just give a pro comment or two.

thx in advance pro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DontNerfMeBro:895597
    Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Dam bro. seems like you've really "made it" in life. You talk pro. I'd appreciate if you could help my thread out by posting a comment. you don't have to reveal secrets just give a pro comment or two.

thx in advance pro
    -.- are u outsoc
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    -.- are u outsoc
    Is outsoc another trendy MMO acronym I'm not aware of?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DontNerfMeBro View Post
    Is outsoc another trendy MMO acronym I'm not aware of?
    I dunno but ur starting to act like a tough guy lately, please drop the attitude.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Not to logic troll you but 10k is probably about right. A heavy volume of a certain item at market generally indicates that the item is of small value.
    Not to logic troll you but 10k is probably about right. A heavy volume of a certain item at market generally indicates that the item is of small value.
    Never though you would double post the exact same thing!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DataPunk View Post
    I dunno but ur starting to act like a tough guy lately, please drop the attitude.
    I fully agree with this.