Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think of the rhino?

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

I dont like the paladin at ALL! He eats mana pots like I eat popcorn. And I eat 5 popcorn at once! In my opinion, he is not recommended because of the pot usage and horrible skills.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    I dont like the paladin at ALL! He eats mana pots like I eat popcorn. And I eat 5 popcorn at once! In my opinion, he is not recommended because of the pot usage and horrible skills.
    1 question , do you EVER EVER EVER read my comments about you -_- i said something that is solution to your comment , and i never used mana pots in low levels , till now i barely use them i am 45 i used them about 10 times only
    See my CREATIVE EPIC THREAD , please comment and if you want try to read it all : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ck-Necromancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Aww.. Poor baby, can't play a rhino right, so you come to the forums and inform everyone that it is supposedly "horrible." They do use quite a bit of mana, but pots are extremely cheap, so I don't see the problem here. Paladins are supporters, not mages where stuff blow up, devastated by nukes. They can do good in group situations and can tank very well also. I saw a 56 Str Glyph Bear fight a 56 Str Glyph Rhino and the fight lasted absolutely forever until the rhino ran out of mana. Rhinos are weaker than the 3 original classes, but at least it isn't completely out of control such as a bird one shotting with an elite bow.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MageMaster View Post
    1 question , do you EVER EVER EVER read my comments about you -_- i said something that is solution to your comment , and i never used mana pots in low levels , till now i barely use them i am 45 i used them about 10 times only
    Yeah I did my rhino is lvl 50 and I'm basically not the supporter type. I'm just sharing my opinion not posting to see if anyone would try to argue...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OverkillED View Post
    Aww.. Poor baby, can't play a rhino right, so you come to the forums and inform everyone that it is supposedly "horrible." They do use quite a bit of mana, but pots are extremely cheap, so I don't see the problem here. Paladins are supporters, not mages where stuff blow up, devastated by nukes. They can do good in group situations and can tank very well also. I saw a 56 Str Glyph Bear fight a 56 Str Glyph Rhino and the fight lasted absolutely forever until the rhino ran out of mana. Rhinos are weaker than the 3 original classes, but at least it isn't completely out of control such as a bird one shotting with an elite bow.
    As I said before, I'm sharing my opinion. I'm lvl 50 and I'm not that much of a supporter type. Buffs can't stack, rhino might has way lower range then stomp, summon costs mana while beckon doesn't, ok maybe the mana won't be the problem, but to me, the others are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I like the rhino and think that it performs it job as a support role

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

good with shield and scythe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Oh wow 5 at once? Ur popcorns must be dissolving like acid.
    Doodlebeast, Onyxbleak, Magnabeam, Vacuole
    I bes ping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

rhino is actually good in pvp. It does a decent amount of damage in 1v1
    Currahee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

rhino: a mana-sucking, close combat beast with minimal damage and dodge which for some reason has a skill to draw aggro while the smallest starting health pool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Agreed, rhino health pool should be 600 starting. No reason for "fragile" birds n foxes to get more HP than a tank class. How do devs justify this horrible design decision?

Also, a rhino should support a party better than a mage, because mages can deal dmg and rhinos can't. Having mages deal more dmg while STILL providing superior support is overkill. Also, mages have mana shield while rhinos have stupid stuff like StoneSkin.

And increase the crap vital force to +63 dmg, not +36 dmg. 36 does bupkis.
    Last edited by whisperwalk; 04-06-2013 at 12:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whisperwalk View Post
    Agreed, rhino health pool should be 600 starting. No reason for "fragile" birds n foxes to get more HP than a tank class. How do devs justify this horrible design decision?

Also, a rhino should support a party better than a mage, because mages can deal dmg and rhinos can't. Having mages deal more dmg while STILL providing superior support is overkill. Also, mages have mana shield while rhinos have stupid stuff like StoneSkin.

And increase the crap vital force to +63 dmg, not +36 dmg. 36 does bupkis.
    They don't need that much of a damage buff, the other classes just need theirs lessened. The 10% critical is ridiculous though.
    At 63 damage on vital force, imagine adding that to a 90 damage buff on bears who have 100 critical chance. That means they would be landing a 306 damage more than when they are unbuffed, dexterity bears would be 1 hitting everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

63 was just a number i pulled out of my behind. Because I did not feel the 36 doing anything in PVE. But about this bear raging thing:

63 + 90 = 153 * 2 = 306
    36 + 90 = 126 * 2 = 252
    0 + 90 = 90 * 2 = 180

Yeah....I should probably find some dex bears to partner with. 252 is not much lower than 306. Maybe I'll just heal and revive them while they beckon + stomp.
    Last edited by whisperwalk; 04-16-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

63 was just a number i pulled out of my behind. Because I did not feel the 36 doing anything in PVE. But about this bear raging thing:

63 + 90 = 153 * 2 = 306
    36 + 90 = 126 * 2 = 252
    0 + 90 = 90 * 2 = 180

Yeah....I should probably find some dex bears to partner with. 252 is not much lower than 306. Maybe I'll just heal and revive them while they beckon + stomp.
    I am generally looking at balance from a PvP standpoint. In which case 50 more damage is quite a bit. A bear can land two autos and beckon in under two seconds, in addition to the already massive damage 150 tacked on will change a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I partnered with some bears but the bears did not become unstoppable killing machines. So, the current Vital Force sucks. Bearing in mind that a rhino is like a "useless" PVP slot and the opponent can +1 bird.

Ergo, Vital Force should be improved. If a rhino is going to be useless they might as well make other characters really really good. Good enough that, people don't go "WHAT IS A RHINO DOING HERE GET OUT!"
    Last edited by whisperwalk; 04-23-2013 at 11:17 AM.

The Land Of Trolls. Graduated Medic from The Land Of Trolls.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

I partnered with some bears but the bears did not become unstoppable killing machines. So, the current Vital Force sucks. Bearing in mind that a rhino is like a "useless" PVP slot and the opponent can +1 bird.

Ergo, Vital Force should be improved. If a rhino is going to be useless they might as well make other characters really really good. Good enough that, people don't go "WHAT IS A RHINO DOING HERE GET OUT!"
    Vital Force should have better bonus damage. It's not as if 36 damage would have made an impact in endgame PvP in the first place, even though others might state it's good enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

On paper, 36 damage may seem a lot, but in practice its barely noticed at all. And I might say, reality matters.

In any case, rhinos have so many weak skills that it wouldn't hurt for them to have one good skill. You know, ONE good skill. Even one OVERPOWERED skill. Is that too much to ask?

Birds in another thread are groaning when I point out that +45% dodge on a NON-DEFENSIVE character for 20s is undeserved. But here, ppl apparently think its OK for rhinos to remain as weak as possible. Players, in the abstract, support "improving the rhino". But mention any specifics and suddenly objections are raised - "NOT THAT, IT WOULD BE OVERPOWERED AND RUIN THE GAME FOREVERZ."
    Last edited by whisperwalk; 04-25-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I find it quite useful in PvE because of it's charge A
    attack and great heal. I luv the rev and guardian too. But the other skills are not so good.

In PvP, I am always being murdered by BIRDS. Bears are no exception either. But I can sometimes take down a Mage. but it takes really long.

There, that's my opinion of the rhino