Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Beginners Guide to the Fox

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Default A Beginners Guide to the Fox

Ranger Skills

• Rabid Bite-First Rank: 12 mana, 4 sec. cooldown, 8m range. Leap in to cause 43-61 damage.
    • Vixen Kick-First Rank- 20 mana, 3 sec. cooldown, 8m range. Leap in to cause 59-68 damage, +knockback
    • Poison Needles- First Rank: 15 mana, 8 sec. cooldown, 8m cone. 52-89 damage, knock-back + 3s. poison -5 h/p per sec., -65% speed
    • Evasion- First Rank: 10 mana, 5 sec. cooldown, self-target. +3 sec. buff breaks root effects, +5% dodge, +5 armor
    • Fury-First Rank: 15 mana, 30.5 sec. cooldown, self-target. 10 sec. buff, +10% hit chance.
    • Hamstring-First Rank: 15 mana, 5 sec. cooldown, 3m. +3 sec debuff reduces -10% dodge, -6 h/p per sec., +20% stun chance
    • Poison Dart-First Rank: 20 mana, 7 sec. cooldown, 10m range. 42-55 damage, 3 sec. poison -5 h/p per sec., -65% speed
    • Armor Shredder-First Rank: 15 mana, 5 sec. cooldown, 3m range. 65-70 damage, 10 sec. debuff, -4 armor.
    • Fox Howl-First Rank: 20 mana, 5.5 sec. cooldown, 8m area. 76-82 damage, +5 sec. target debuff reduces -6 damage.
    • Bandage-First Rank: 20 mana, 30 sec. cooldown, self heal health and mana +16-30, 12 sec. buff mends addt'l. 50% per sec., damage cancels.
    • Hypnotize-First Rank: 10 mana, 7.5 sec. cooldown, 12m range. 57-66 damage, +pull, +3 sec. stun.
    • Rage Tonic-First Rank: 30 mana, 28 sec. cooldown, self-target 20 sec. buff +5% crit chance, +10 damage.

Information

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Skill lists with brief description of what it does.

Vixen Ranger:

Combat abilities:
    • Rabid Bite – The Vixen leaps across the battlefield to deliver a nasty wound.
    • Hamstring – The Ranger angles her blades low to deliver a debilitating blow, reducing the targets chance to dodge, lowering their recovery with a chance to stun them. Combo this ability after Rabid Bite for increased effectiveness.
    • Vixen Kick - The Vixen leaps across the battlefield, raking her foe.
    • Armor Shredder – The Ranger uses her combat prowess to focus attacks on the weaker parts of her opponents armor, dealing damage and reducing their overall armor value for a brief time.
    • Poison Needles – The Ranger throws out a cone of poison tipped needles, recoiling opponents, damaging them and debilitating their movement speed.
    • Poison Dart – A larger dart is used to deliver a large single dose of poison, damaging the opponent over time, reducing their health recovery and debilitating their movement speed.

Buffs:
    • Fury – The Vixen gathers their wild fury and focusing it into accurate strikes. Self +hit buff.
    • Rage Tonic – The Ranger imbues a tonic that that wells their rage outward, increasing damage and the chance for a critical strike.
    • Evasion – The Ranger focuses on defense, slipping through any bonds that may restrict her and increasing dodge and armor.

Debuffs:
    • Fox Howl – The Vixen howls, damaging nearby foes and causing them do reduced damage for a short time after.
    • Hypnotize – The Vixen lures her foe in through a daze, damaging them and stunning them for a brief time.

Utility:
    • Bandage – The Ranger uses their training to recover health and mana. This ability is best used out of combat, as taking damage will cancel the benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    It's actually Dex/Int as some of the skills scale with INT (I believe the poisons do)

Quote Originally Posted by WarTornBird View Post
    Regarding ranger combo: Idk if anyone has found it yet but if you havent its rapid bite to hamstring.

Quote Originally Posted by STS Interview
    A female ranger class represented by the Fox. This is an up close, melee character who uses cunning, poisons, and bandage abilities to get in, poison enemies in the face, and evade damage while jumping away. This character class uses dual daggers, uses leather armor, and has some ranged abilities thrown in along with some great area of effect abilities, said Julianna Scruggs, a lead designer on Pocket Legends

Read more: http://www.148apps.com/news/spacetim...#ixzz2EyXMpw2w
    Here is a thread that is helpful as well. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...919#post893919

Have questions? I'll try to answer them, just post 'em!

*Disclaimer: I am not a genie that can answer every question*

*Thanks to Dudetus for letting me copy some of his skills that I didn't have*

Do you think something needs to be added to this guide? Let me know!
    Last edited by Cascade; 12-18-2012 at 05:35 PM.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cascade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Updated with more info and made it look prettier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

nice work!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Added some new stuff and the rest of the skills. Leave suggestions. I'll keep working on it the more I know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Good start but it's only been a few hours. Seems like u are rushing to create a guide for something you don't even understand. You only provided basic information that is available to anyone. Not really much of a guide.

More useful information to post would be like combos (rabid bite and hamstring) or how to allocate amongst int, str, and dex.

FYI: I'm not hating or flaming. I just think ppl need to put more thoughts into 'guides' and actually understand what they are talking about instead of rushing to be the first to post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    This is more of a compilation of information that is on the forums that some may not know. This is also a beginner's guide not a professional's guide.
    But your compilation of information is titled 'guide'

Helping someone with combos and point allocations is beginners. It's as basic for a class guide as u can get.

Maybe your title should have been ... Compilation of Other Peoples Information for the Fox

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

I'm sorry but I disagree. I think if someone is making a forum account and looking for information, they want information that is more than what they can find in their skill page.

I am someone who helps lower lvls and new players all the time. Point allocate and combos are something most of them need help with. These things make them better players and most of the time they can't learn on their own.

You would be surprised how many 'noobs' want to be good players but haven't learned the basics of combos.

Edit: I guess I just don't get your 'guide'. My understanding is a guide provides help or guidance on doing something. I don't see any guidance here just a regurgitation of skill information. I didnt even see u note at what lvls these skills become available.

To me it doesn't serve as a guide and is kinda useless. I'm sorry. But I do appreciate the effort u put into it. I just wouldn't call it a 'guide'
    Last edited by angeldawn; 12-13-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    I'm sorry but I disagree. I think if someone is making a forum account and looking for information, they want information that is more than what they can find in their skill page.

I am someone who helps lower lvls and new players all the time. Point allocate and combos are something most of them need help with. These things make them better players and most of the time they can't learn on their own.

You would be surprised how many 'noobs' want to be good players but haven't learned the basics of combos.
    Well when I play a game I don't really care about the technical stuff. I figure, that I can still kill enemies with stats that I do by myself. Kinda crazy how many people do the math about all this stuff just to be able to kill something virtually on their phone, but props to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Well when I play a game I don't really care about the technical stuff. I figure, that I can still kill enemies with stats that I do by myself. Kinda crazy how many people do the math about all this stuff just to be able to kill something virtually on their phone, but props to them.
    If you find it crazy, then why did you bother to make this post?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    If you find it crazy, then why did you bother to make this post?
    This is a simple post, I simply want to help people that did not know about this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

which is better to ranger: bow or dagger??
    all the skills works with the bow too?

(sorry for the poor english, i'm brazilian ^_^)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edup View Post

I used bows and talons to cap my fox.

I used talons when the lvls were more difficult or I had a weak group. I used the bow when I didn't need the armor protection. I do the same on all my toons.

Yes, all the skills work regardless what gear u choose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edup View Post

It depends on what type of build you want. Bow does more damage in most cases, but is slower. A dagger does less damage but is swifter and can be accompanied by a wing shield which can improve various other stats.

(Correct me if i'm wrong)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it also depends on the team you're running with. if theres a mage or rhino (toons that can rev/heal) i feel more comfortable with a bow. with a bad team or a team w/out a mage or rhino, i tend to rely more on the talon/shield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Nice start to a fairly unknown build! I'm still figuring out little tricks and the best alignment of stats and skills. I have found, partly because its the best weapons I've acquired, is that using a ranged has kept me out of harms way with the low armor and hp running straight dex, (still plan on sampling srt/dex and int/dex to find best combo). I like to kite at a medium distance then drop debuffs to slow them, hit evasion then rush in with rabid bite/hamstring combo, and back out before evasion wears off, it only last 3 sec. This combination has been working really well for me in PvE. I have yet to try it in PvP but seems like it might be helpful there as well. Hope this helps, and feel free to comment as I think we are all trying to figure out the best way to run this little guy.
    BATTLE DRAGONS: HUMBLE MASTER OF KINGS AND LEGENDS: GRUNTHAWK
    POCKET LEGENDS:PROUD OFFICER IN GETHIGH: GRUNTHAWK: LVL76 PANDA WARRIOR/TRIPPMENDER: LVL76 TRUE MAGE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

The fox is a female

Gold iPad Air 2 Mini 64GB Wifi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladycandyheal View Post
    The fox is a female
    I'd like to think not always :/

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

My fox has a robot face so it's not male, nor female!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

My fox has a robot face so it's not male, nor female!
    It is, however, awesome.

If awesomeness was a gender, the world would explode

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything