Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Sorcerer Hauntlet Build [Aggressor]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default Sorcerer Hauntlet Build [Aggressor]

Since the sorcerer threads aren't exactly overflowing I've posted this here.

Name:  Screenshot_2012-12-09-21-14-50.jpg
Views: 3412
Size:  122.2 KB

Name:  2012-12-10 22.07.27.jpg
Views: 3071
Size:  167.0 KB

This is all about positioning. Nail that, and the sorcerer will do work. Keep the mobs/enemy line on the edge of your screen and rain hate! All points in intelligence. Intelligence=Damage+mana. More mana means more damage and since you'll be spamming the hell out of your abilities, more mana=more face melting

Name:  2012-12-10 22.07.43.jpg
Views: 2078
Size:  146.9 KB

Don't just use this when you need health. If you're keeping yourself away from trouble it's a handy mana perk. More mana is always good, all the time, especially when raining hate on your enemies. This is NOT to heal allies. That's not your job.

Name:  2012-12-10 22.07.54.jpg
Views: 2140
Size:  151.6 KB

This skill is good in so many different situations. Try not to utilize it too close to Fireball w/ 25% hit reduction and you'll maximize the AOE CC/Debuff in this build.

Name:  2012-12-10 22.08.05.jpg
Views: 2104
Size:  152.5 KB

This ability can be temperamental but sticking with the aggressive theme of this build it's epic. When it hits, it hits hard. When it procs....Hate rain.

Name:  2012-12-10 22.08.12.jpg
Views: 2043
Size:  151.9 KB

An obvious staple in any sorc build. The -%25 is amazing and shouldn't be overshadowed by overlapping abilities with knockdown or other CC. It's a built in, highly spammable, survivability perk.
    Last edited by DontNerfMeBro; 12-15-2012 at 01:36 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DontNerfMeBro For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Yep, looks good to me, almost my build exactly. The effectiveness of this builds ability to bring the hurt is unparalleled. Seems I need to adjust my stats, though.

-----
    Sent from my Nexus 7
    Last edited by Deathpunch; 12-15-2012 at 09:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

''Aggressor'' ... lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat View Post
    ''Aggressor'' ... lol
    Yeah, you might want to read it. Mages take a little more effort to stay alive with than warriors.

-----
    Sent from my Nexus 7

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch View Post
    Yeah, you might want to read it. Mages take a little more effort to stay alive with than warriors.

-----
    Sent from my Nexus 7
    What is happening these days? everyone gets banned ... today Gison, Cero, adee, and more ...
    Last edited by Astrocat; 12-15-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Why bother with heal on an aggressor build? It's nothing but a minor pot saver. If you really want maximum face melting, you'd do far better replacing it with time shift.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Royce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Why bother with heal on an aggressor build? It's nothing but a minor pot saver. If you really want maximum face melting, you'd do far better replacing it with time shift.
    Time shifts impact damage is lost unless enemies are within range . staying OUT of range is the entire point of this.

Healing is important because this build needs SOME form of survivability. HP is very low. Without a panic button you won't last long. Also, time shift doesn't cycle well with this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I dont think healing is necessary for hauntlet run. You have to charge to refill your mana, it may waste some time. I would suggest replace healing with arcane shield, and use potions during the run.

Lightning is good for boss fight coz of its high damage, but some times it's hard to hit on right target.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csyui View Post
    I dont think healing is necessary for hauntlet run. You have to charge to refill your mana, it may waste some time. I would suggest replace healing with arcane shield, and use potions during the run.

Lightning is good for boss fight coz of its high damage, but some times it's hard to hit on right target.
    I can afford as many pots as I need but I feel builds that rely on them somehow lack integrity.

Since your HP is so low from this build, shield looses its luster. Your HP is going to get reduced regardless of how well you move about the battle. Healing supplies you with around 80% of your life back instantly.

As I said, lightning can be flakey but when it procs it simply vaporizes a good chunk of the enemy population.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DontNerfMeBro View Post
    Time shifts impact damage is lost unless enemies are within range . staying OUT of range is the entire point of this.

Healing is important because this build needs SOME form of survivability. HP is very low. Without a panic button you won't last long. Also, time shift doesn't cycle well with this.
    Panic button=health pot
    Heal is nothing but a small money saver, and does far more good for your teammates than yourself. If you don't like time shift with this build, even frost would be better for your damage dealing purposes than heal. It just doesn't fit in at all. The only reason to use heal is as a support mage to keep your teammates mana full, and help a bit with health regen.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Panic button=health pot
    Heal is nothing but a small money saver, and does far more good for your teammates than yourself. If you don't like time shift with this build, even frost would be better for your damage dealing purposes than heal. It just doesn't fit in at all. The only reason to use heal is as a support mage to keep your teammates mana full, and help a bit with health regen.
    See my post above...

"just pot " is the obvious answer in ANY situation. Low HP? Just pot. Low INT? Just pot. Low armor? Just pot. Have a headache from playing too much? Well... you know where this is going...

Also, Gale/Fireball/Lightning encompasses all of your DPS needs in the time it takes to rotate them. adding another DPS ability would be superfluous so we should select an ability that offers utility.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

See my posts above regarding DPS/cycling/utility constraints.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

See my post above...

"just pot " is the obvious answer in ANY situation. Low HP? Just pot. Low INT? Just pot. Low armor? Just pot. Have a headache from playing too much? Well... you know where this is going...

Also, Gale/Fireball/Lightning encompasses all of your DPS needs in the time it takes to rotate them. adding another DPS ability would be superfluous so we should select an ability that offers utility.
    Yes just pot is the answer for low health when the sorcerer heal is so weak. It has a 15 second cooldown so chances are if you are in a panic, a pot is more likely available than a heal. And you're gonna have to define your "DPS needs". I was under the impression higher DPS was always better for a max damage build
    Maybe I misunderstood your intentions. If this is meant to be a hybrid damage/gold efficiency build, then fine, but for any max damage build, heal has no place IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I'm not sure how to explain this further. Maybe post your build and we'll evaluate it in its entirety.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I'm not sure how to explain this further. Maybe post your build and we'll evaluate it in its entirety.
    Im pretty sure you don't need my build to explain why you want heal, which does nothing but save you money on pots, instead of another damage dealing skill, which would increase your overall damage (and add survivability through debuffs in the case of time shift). Either you want gold efficiency over damage, or you have some so far unexplained play style that wouldn't allow another attack skill to fit in. FYI, my current build has heal, but only because as a sorcerer, it's the best way I can contribute on boss rushes since rogues do better single target DPS and tanks tank. Sorcerers are only good for clearing mobs, and when everyone just runs past them, we become pretty pointless so I added it to give me some value to farming teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Yeah, time shift may be the most useful of all the AOE's. It should definitely be in here.

My build atm is:
    4/5 Fireball
    5/5 Time
    2/5 Gale
    4/5 Frost

PS: you should get an Enchanter hat of Security.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Im pretty sure you don't need my build to explain why you want heal, which does nothing but save you money on pots, instead of another damage dealing skill, which would increase your overall damage (and add survivability through debuffs in the case of time shift). Either you want gold efficiency over damage, or you have some so far unexplained play style that wouldn't allow another attack skill to fit in. FYI, my current build has heal, but only because as a sorcerer, it's the best way I can contribute on boss rushes since rogues do better single target DPS and tanks tank. Sorcerers are only good for clearing mobs, and when everyone just runs past them, we become pretty pointless so I added it to give me some value to farming teams.
    this is a thread about a hauntlet build but thx for the FYI portion of your post. To the remaining content of your post, I'll direct you once again to my above posts. thx for your input!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post
    Yeah, time shift may be the most useful of all the AOE's. It should definitely be in here.

My build atm is:
    4/5 Fireball
    5/5 Time
    2/5 Gale
    4/5 Frost

PS: you should get an Enchanter hat of Security.
    Time shifts roots or snares and DPSs in a radius. the root/snare is pointless in hauntlet if you're clearing mobs as fast as you can and the DPS in overshadowed by the recycling of skills offering utility like the fireball/gale knockdown.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Time shifts roots or snares and DPSs in a radius. the root/snare is pointless in hauntlet if you're clearing mobs as fast as you can and the DPS in overshadowed by the recycling of skills offering utility like the fireball/gale knockdown.
    It still hits harder than any other aoe, and keeps melee mobs rooted therefore adding survivability.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

To the remaining content of your post, I'll direct you once again to my above posts. thx for your input!
    So then you don't have an answer? Or your build is not for max hauntlet killing effectiveness, but for gold efficiency? Because you didn't explain the inclusion of heal for any sensible reason in any previous post.