Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Sorcerer Hauntlet Build [Aggressor]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Bro.. If there's something you're not getting I can't help you.

Try rereading each post... slower.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DontNerfMeBro For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I have a similar build to the OP, except I have a 5th point in fireball and one less point in lightning. I didn't feel it worth using a point for the AoE on lightning. Since the chance of it happening is only 15%, and not worth having to charge the skill to get only an extra 10% chance of it being AoE.

Regarding the stats, I went with a 3-1-6 (str-dex-int) out of every 10 stat points. It seems the OP got much of his STR from the gear. I couldn't afford as good gear, so my gear is pretty good, but much of it gives a dex-int bonus instead of the str-int bonus which is more pricey for mage gear. So I had to spec some str. Even still, my final stats look similar to his except my damage is only around 140, but my armor is much higher at around 400.

But even with all that, I find myself still dying in Hauntlet, but that is when running with random groups. That is really my biggest problem, lack of being able to find a good group to run with for more than a few minutes, and then everyone wants to leave. So I end up joining random groups. Keeping away from the bad guys is very difficult when you got 140 dmg and the 3 people you are running with all have less than 100.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DontNerfMeBro View Post
    Bro.. If there's something you're not getting I can't help you.

Try rereading each post... slower.
    I've read every post, and I still can't understand why you would put heal in a build designed for hauntlet runs. It just doesn't fit. I figured since it was your build and you made a thread about it, you could explain it, but I guess not. Heal just doesn't logically fit into a hauntlet/damage build where the focus should be AOE damage. You can't even seem to explain why you think it does. Saying things like all my DPS needs are covered by other skills is just meaningless nonsense without further elaboration.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    I've read every post, and I still can't understand why you would put heal in a build designed for hauntlet runs. It just doesn't fit. I figured since it was your build and you made a thread about it, you could explain it, but I guess not. Heal just doesn't logically fit into a hauntlet/damage build where the focus should be AOE damage. You can't even seem to explain why you think it does. Saying things like all my DPS needs are covered by other skills is just meaningless nonsense without further elaboration.
    lol oh Royce.. (pets him on head)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Okay how about we do this real simple like so even a 4 year old could play along. Tell me which of the following true statements you disagree with:

1) Heal does not help your survivability or killing effectiveness at all.
    2) You can kill large groups of mobs faster with more AOE damage skills than with less.
    3) doing more AOE damage means faster progression through the hauntlet.

If you disagree with none, than you are left with 2 options, please choose 1:
    1) This build is not really for Hauntlet speed and devastation.
    2) This build is not good.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Gettin a little mad?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Okay how about we do this real simple like so even a 4 year old could play along. Tell me which of the following true statements you disagree with:

1) Heal does not help your survivability or killing effectiveness at all.
    2) You can kill large groups of mobs faster with more AOE damage skills than with less.
    3) doing more AOE damage means faster progression through the hauntlet.

If you disagree with none, than you are left with 2 options, please choose 1:
    1) This build is not really for Hauntlet speed and devastation.
    2) This build is not good.
    1. False. Heals increase your survivability.

2. Somewhat true. Why use a hammer to swat a fly. More DMG skills are unneeded.

3. False. Damaging isn't killing.

-----
    Dear STS,
    Make a squid buddy pet for AL.
    Sincerely, everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Gettin a little mad?
    No, I don't get mad about dumb stuff. I do find your inability to either explain the inclusion of heal or admit it's a gold saving cop out a bit frustrating, but hopefully most readers will be smart enough to realize the build is either flawed or misguided as is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch View Post
    1. False. Heals increase your survivability.
    Nope with a 15 second cooldown and weak effect, survivability differences between someone using heal and pots and someone using only pots are nonexistent. It does nothing for survivability at this point in the game.

2. Somewhat true. Why use a hammer to swat a fly. More DMG skills are unneeded.
    If this is true, then great. That's what I've been trying to get at. Maybe a play video would help?

3. False. Damaging isn't killing.
    You're gonna have to elaborate here. Damaging is not killing but it is the one and only component of the process that produces kills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

No, I don't get mad about dumb stuff. I do find your inability to either explain the inclusion of heal or admit it's a gold saving cop out a bit frustrating, but hopefully most readers will be smart enough to realize the build is either flawed or misguided as is.
    why you getting frustrated? if you don't understand, that's ok bro. You seem really taken by my build and I appreciate how much time you've spent on this thread.

I'm trying to think of better way to explain things... We'll get thru this together. just try not to get too mad in the meantime. cool bro?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

why you getting frustrated? if you don't understand, that's ok bro. You seem really taken by my build and I appreciate how much time you've spent on this thread.

I'm trying to think of better way to explain things... We'll get thru this together. just try not to get too mad in the meantime. cool bro?
    Try holding hands. The human contact will breed understanding.

-----
    Dear STS,
    Sincerely, everyone.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deathpunch For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

-----
    Dear STS,
    Sincerely, everyone.
    hahaha!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

-----
    Dear STS,
    Sincerely, everyone.
    Lol xD I have a friend who I should say this to -_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think there needs to be a question asked here...

(1) Is the purpose of your "hauntlet build" to finish the hauntlet in record time?

...Or...

(2) Is the purpose of your "hauntlet build" to farm the haunlet for the 350 hauntlet coins needed to buy both hauntlet exclusive pets?

If your answer is 1, then Royce is correct that the heal skill will not help your survivability as you can use potions instead. BUT....if your answer is 2, then heal will help you avoid spending tens of thousands of gold in potions during your hundreds of hauntlet runs.

For me, I'm more interested in #2. I've been running dozens of hauntlet runs every day trying to accumulate hauntlet coins, and if I end up using 20 health potions and 5 mana potions on every run, then my cost of getting to 350 coins will be huge. Instead, I have to find a way to minimize this cost, and using the heal skill saves me from having to use any mana pots, and minimizes that number of health pots needed per run to only a few.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I think there needs to be a question asked here...

(1) Is the purpose of your "hauntlet build" to finish the hauntlet in record time?

...Or...

(2) Is the purpose of your "hauntlet build" to farm the haunlet for the 350 hauntlet coins needed to buy both hauntlet exclusive pets?

If your answer is 1, then Royce is correct that the heal skill will not help your survivability as you can use potions instead. BUT....if your answer is 2, then heal will help you avoid spending tens of thousands of gold in potions during your hundreds of hauntlet runs.

For me, I'm more interested in #2. I've been running dozens of hauntlet runs every day trying to accumulate hauntlet coins, and if I end up using 20 health potions and 5 mana potions on every run, then my cost of getting to 350 coins will be huge. Instead, I have to find a way to minimize this cost, and using the heal skill saves me from having to use any mana pots, and minimizes that number of health pots needed per run to only a few.
    I mentioned my sentiments on pots on Page 1 of this thread. Maybe you could read it and help Royce out at the same time. He's taking this pretty hard.

FYI: Pots don't help the rogue in your party with health/mana management. Healing w/perk does. A good rogue can be a large part of a fast run. Of course this is where Royce will say, "uh tell the rogue to spam pots too!"
    Last edited by DontNerfMeBro; 12-16-2012 at 07:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I mentioned my sentiments on pots on Page 1 of this thread. Maybe you could read it and help Royce out at the same time. He's taking this pretty hard.

FYI: Pots don't help the rogue in your party with health/mana management. Healing w/perk does. A good rogue can be a large part of a fast run. Of course this is where Royce will say, "uh tell the rogue to spam pots too!"
    You specifically stated the heal is not for your party, it's for you. Yes, it saves everyone money, but rogue could also spam pots and play with the same effectiveness they'd have with pots plus a heal every 15 sec. All I'm saying is, if this build's for maximum damage output and speed runs, without consideration for things like gold economy, then heal makes no sense. If you can provide a convincing argument for why an additional offensive spell would have no impact on your speed/success, then I could change my mind, but I can't see how that would be possible. It sounds to me like this is intended as a less extreme Hauntlet running build with gold economy and party friendly considered alongside speed/destructive capability, and that's fine. You just weren't clear on that, and didn't explain (in fact denied) that the purpose of including heal was to support your party and reduce pot dependency until now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

You specifically stated the heal is not for your party, it's for you. Yes, it saves everyone money, but rogue could also spam pots and play with the same effectiveness they'd have with pots plus a heal every 15 sec. All I'm saying is, if this build's for maximum damage output and speed runs, without consideration for things like gold economy, then heal makes no sense. If you can provide a convincing argument for why an additional offensive spell would have no impact on your speed/success, then I could change my mind, but I can't see how that would be possible. It sounds to me like this is intended as a less extreme Hauntlet running build with gold economy and party friendly considered alongside speed/destructive capability, and that's fine. You just weren't clear on that, and didn't explain (in fact denied) that the purpose of including heal was to support your party and reduce pot dependency until now.
    *yawn stretch* tl;dr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Working you like a puppet... all day Royce.

21.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #39
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

Please everyone follow the forum rules:
    1. Please Respect Others.
    The purpose of the forum is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas. Occasionally, conflicts may arise when people voice opinions. Be courteous when disagreeing with others. Debating the opinion is appropriate, however criticism against the originator of the opinion is not allowed. Disrespect can be construed as flaming, trolling, harassing, profanity, abusive language or abbreviations, personal attacks, racial, religious, ethnic, sexual slurs, or similar behavior/language.

Flaming is defined as posts which are designed to personally berate or insult another.

Trolling is defined as deliberately posting derogatory, inflammatory comments/threads in order to bait other users into responding. Trolling or accusing someone of being a troll is also a form of trolling and is not permitted.

Posts similar to “Moderator Notified” or “Needs thread lock” are discouraged, as these types of posts are a form of trolling. If a thread is in violation of the forum rules, use the notify moderator button or send a private message to a moderator or administrator directly.

Personal attacks include, but are not limited to insulting a poster directly:

Example: “You are stupid, you suck, and you should [censored].”
    I don't want to have to close this thread
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Delph.. you're like a laser guided missile of order and reason...

No worries... I'm cool.

but seriously... what do YOU think of this build?