Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rhino needs rebalanced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Default Rhino needs rebalanced.

Seriously. Tried every level pvp from 26-45, all of them sucked really bad for rhino.

Why? There's a lot of reasons:

1. No range at all.
    Charge is 8m, cyclone thing is 6m, other stuff is 4-5m. Someone kites or repels us away, we're dead.

2. Glitched/messed up skills.
    Using charge and being over 8m away leads it to go on gcd and useless. Make it charge 8m regardless of distance away.

3. Weaker buffs overall. (Wrote this quickly, may have mistakes)
    Mages get 60 crit 30 damage 40 armor.
    Birds get 30 crit 30 hit 30 dodge 7 armor.
    Bears get 30 crit 60 damage 28 dodge 32 armor.

Rhinos get like 8 crit, 30+ armor, 7 dodge, 18 hit, and we can't even use the crit and dodge buff at once.
    (level 6 skills for all of them)
    The rhinos are just weaker overall buff-wise.

So at the moment, rhinos are just horrible.

-BS
    rhinomagic[/B]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunnyshoota For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

At endgame they seem decent
    Azefekie Best BURD

Lady_Pebbles

Yep, not to mention some of the CD times for skills are ridiculous... 45.5sec cd on mana regen buff?? Pfft.. stick to rev, it boosts mana regen just like rev on Enchantress.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Yep, tried from 10-26 sucks horribly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

I've tried only lvl 17, and it wasn't very bad. But soon I'm level 51, then I'll actually see is it crap or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

I only fought against them in lvl15 PvP and the most are just horrible but some aren't that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Proof to people who think they are OP lol
    I think they are just fun to play with in PvE, but they need some things fixed up like their mana regeneration skill, and by letting both force skills work together because they are really weak by themselves.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

It's excellent for PVE. I love resurrecting!

Gold iPad Air 2 Mini 64GB Wifi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Dude, what's the point of rebalancing after the first week of its release.
    Why does it suck in pvp ? It's because no one has yet to discover its 'pro' build. Example :
    The opponent you fight has proper skill build while your using a messy/test skill build.
    Even after rebalanced , I'm sure the forum to rage " RHINO IZ TU OP" . Good luck rebalancing

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Doodlebeast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Careful, mmos that rebalance classes to satisfy the pvp minority, usually end up ruing that class for pve and then they fail. Rift is the only MMO that got it right by having a separate skill tree for pvp, that was mostly not useable in pve, but was great for pvp.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I'm going to have to agree with Micah on this one. I'll be going to level 75, but spending some quality time with the rhino to find the right build. I don't expect it to be a killing machine, I expected this class to be a team player. The fact of having STR gear and armor, crit, hit buffs is great. I"m thinking for CTF on endgame - A rhino that can heal and ressurect + a mage (str mage/int mage) that can heal and res. The two of them = op!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I'm going to have to agree with Micah on this one. I'll be going to level 75, but spending some quality time with the rhino to find the right build. I don't expect it to be a killing machine, I expected this class to be a team player. The fact of having STR gear and armor, crit, hit buffs is great. I"m thinking for CTF on endgame - A rhino that can heal and ressurect + a mage (str mage/int mage) that can heal and res. The two of them = op!
    Nice said bro!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Rhino needs rebalanced.

Nahh I play a 56 Rhino atm and I dominate. Even though skills are broken atm I still go beast mode and full glyphed people even some at 60. I'll soon level to 66.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Meh rhino is lvl 13 or 16 i think lol! I so proh i also haz a fox its a low level because gear is just same look as mage so no hurry to level it.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

I don't like that if you use a skill out of range it won't even let you use it. When I played that was called MISSING so you would work on your RANGE.

They already made auto attack automatic - sigh... Back then you'd have to use your skills and quickly use your auto to start engaging your enemy. It's all automated and noob proof now.
    Skills that wont go off unless you're in range is just saddening. Range is a key component to pvp, as is it's more advanced older brother TIMING.

Haven't taken a good look a the Rhino but I can see how having less or no 12m skills can be frustrating. The bear has one 12m and typically vs a skilled person if you failed beckon your chances of winning were dramatically reduced.

I believe a simple solution, instead of increasing skills to 9 universally would be some can only go so high. For example bears taunt and evade dodge buff should be capped at 7 maybe 6? Others like slashes can be 9.
    An alternative solution would be increasing health pools. Yes we have more buffs and armor but we all know crit overrides armor and dodge overrides damage. This way we could actually utilize strategies to kill someone instead of "use all your skills and hope they die before the enemy does the same thing." Debuffs could be used effectively if we had a considerable amount of health. This instakill thing gets boring.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

With this whole new 9 skill thing, I can 2 shot birds 1 shot mages and 3 shot bears with my bear -_-
    I just run in rage beckon stomp. 3 way death vrewm. I mean granted. It gives us a little more creativity in builds but jeeze.

Sig made by Arexos! Buying Phantom Bow set pm meh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Hm... I'm an 18 rhino, and they are good if used right... Kinda hard with no range though. For people that can kite well, you're screwed. I can beat some birds, mages under 20, most foxes, but bears are my weakness. It's like suicide charging against bears, due to not being able to kite at all.

EDIT: I just made third in leader boards!!!!! (Technically second because the rhino in first for DM kills boosted... He's awful.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyshoota View Post
    Seriously. Tried every level pvp from 26-45, all of them sucked really bad for rhino.

Why? There's a lot of reasons:

1. No range at all.
    Charge is 8m, cyclone thing is 6m, other stuff is 4-5m. Someone kites or repels us away, we're dead.

2. Glitched/messed up skills.
    Using charge and being over 8m away leads it to go on gcd and useless. Make it charge 8m regardless of distance away.

3. Weaker buffs overall. (Wrote this quickly, may have mistakes)
    Mages get 60 crit 30 damage 40 armor.
    Birds get 30 crit 30 hit 30 dodge 7 armor.
    Bears get 30 crit 60 damage 28 dodge 32 armor.

Rhinos get like 8 crit, 30+ armor, 7 dodge, 18 hit, and we can't even use the crit and dodge buff at once.
    (level 6 skills for all of them)
    The rhinos are just weaker overall buff-wise.

So at the moment, rhinos are just horrible.

-BS
    I have test the buff skill, on desciption it says the def buff replace the other buff but infact it doesnt, i try to buff attack then the def one, both is active and my stats show both off em on.

Rhino is the only toon thats able to buff attack for other in party, i dont remember but i think its like 40 more damage at lvl 9 skill ? its alot i think. just got my rhino to 4x so i cant tell more about bossing, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePally View Post
    I don't like that if you use a skill out of range it won't even let you use it. When I played that was called MISSING so you would work on your RANGE.

They already made auto attack automatic - sigh... Back then you'd have to use your skills and quickly use your auto to start engaging your enemy. It's all automated and noob proof now.
    Skills that wont go off unless you're in range is just saddening. Range is a key component to pvp, as is it's more advanced older brother TIMING.
    As usually I appreciate your good posts, man, but I believe there is something you hadn't thought of which the devs have.

These skills which can't be used are the "lunge" attacks as I call them. In other words, they are the attacks that allow you to rush up close to your enemy. All the other attacks and buffs can be used at any point except for these. So why can these be used whenever?

The truth is, they can be. EXCEPT when you are within x amount of meters of your opponent (I don't know exactly how many yet). Then you can click it but it won't take effect. Why would sts do this? It took me awhile to figure out why, but I believe I did just that.

Imagine if you are a pure dex bird with a 12m crossbow and a fox who you know has many short range skills begins approaching you. What do you do? My first thought is, "Kite!" So I would repulse him away and maybe add in a blast shot for extra damage or something. Now consider this- what happens if his skill can be used whether he's in range or not? Your kite becomes useless. Once you push him back, he just jumps into combat again. Thus, ruining the entire idea of kiting.