Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Passives. *sigh*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by *Zero* View Post
    Probably some outrageous passives like a +1000 HP buff or 100% crit buff. I for one like the passives. I'm a tank so str,armor and damage passives will be nice.
    I think these new passives will make builds even more diverse. And when PVP is available, I think it was have a drastic effect on that part of the game. I think its fantastic in DL... and I think it will be fantastic here.

Edit: Fantastic assuming you temper your expectations.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Pretty boring passives. Just more stats that you can get from armor/weapons. I would have liked to seen more passives that are game changing and affect the playstyle of your character for example:

for warrior:
    Blood Feud - 1% chance to gain 1% of max HP back on each attack. (max of 5% to gain 5% of hp)
    Threatening Presence - Basic attacks gain more aggro per point.
    Spiked armor - 3% of damage taken is reflected back to enemies. (max of 15% reflect)

for rogue:
    Shadow mastery - shadow piercer and shadow veil have their mana requirements lowered by 5%. (max of 25%)
    Bow master - noxious bolt and aimed shot (?) gain 1% damage and 1% critical chance. (max of 5% dmg. and 5% crit)
    Hidden from View - fully charged attacks have a 20% chance to give you a 100% dodge buff for 1 second. (max 100% chance)

for sorcerer:
    Arcane acquisition - mana regen is increased by 2/sec. (max 10/sec)
    Elemental forces - damage done by elemental attacks (fire, frost, lightning, wind) are increased by 2%. (max 10%)
    Silence - your offensive skills have a chance to interrupt the target's skill casting by 10%. (max 50%)

Now these are good passives. Skill points are scarce still and aren't worth throwing away in passives where you will hardly notice a difference.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheLowerLight For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think PvP is going to be very interesting when it comes out. You got different skills, different pets and now different passives. So you could have a well-rounded character, or you could go extreme and put everything into one area.

For example, as a Sorcerer I could max out Frost and Lightning, then be full INT and put 5 passives into INT. That, along with top gear and a good INT pet bonus, I would cause some serious damage. Or I could put some of my points into STR to boost my HP, and then equip a pet like Koko to boost my armor, and go the more conservative route. There are so many ways to do this. You can go full offensive, full defensive, or somewhere in between. There are going to be lots of different builds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I think the passives are pretty cool. One aspect of DL I liked and I'm happy to see it here. Keep in mind that things have to be set up to work far down the line, like when the characters are at level 50 or 60, for example. These passives may seem minor now at level 16, but later on in the game, the majority of your skill points will end up being stacked in passives, and they'll be making a huge difference then.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheLowerLight View Post
    Pretty boring passives. Just more stats that you can get from armor/weapons. I would have liked to seen more passives that are game changing and affect the playstyle of your character for example:

for warrior:
    Blood Feud - 1% chance to gain 1% of max HP back on each attack. (max of 5% to gain 5% of hp)
    Spiked armor - 3% of damage taken is reflected back to enemies. (max of 15% reflect)

for rogue:
    Shadow mastery - shadow piercer and shadow veil have their mana requirements lowered by 5%. (max of 25%)
    Bow master - noxious bolt and aimed shot (?) gain 1% damage and 1% critical chance. (max of 5% dmg. and 5% crit)
    Hidden from View - fully charged attacks have a 20% chance to give you a 100% dodge buff for 1 second. (max 100% chance)

for sorcerer:
    Elemental forces - damage done by elemental attacks (fire, frost, lightning, wind) are increased by 2%. (max 10%)
    Silence - your offensive skills have a chance to interrupt the target's skill casting by 10%. (max 50%)

Now these are good passives. Skill points are scarce still and aren't worth throwing away in passives where you will hardly notice a difference.
    We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

for warrior:

for rogue:

for sorcerer:

This is exactly what i was hoping for!! The current Passives are pretty lame. I am glad you started the thread DontNerfMe because it needs to be said. I would even change a couple of these. With mana problems for Rogues, i would say add a passive that returns X% mana on crit. Also, as levels increase the Arcane Acquisition would need to be 1%-5% m/s instead of a flat mana amount. 10 m/s when spells cost nearly 110 mana on average at level 21 and you have 3000+ mana. Silence % may be a bit high, but this is all theoretical. I really hope STS looks at these suggestions...

@McBain, i do agree you have to look down the line, but i'm sure they will add more skills and stuff to make more variety in builds. If even 1/2 of the passives were interesting like the above ones and then the others could be some of the flat boosts to stats that they showed us now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CosmoxKramer View Post
    This is exactly what i was hoping for!! The current Passives are pretty lame. I am glad you started the thread DontNerfMe because it needs to be said. I would even change a couple of these. With mana problems for Rogues, i would say add a passive that returns X% mana on crit. Also, as levels increase the Arcane Acquisition would need to be 1%-5% m/s instead of a flat mana amount. 10 m/s when spells cost nearly 110 mana on average at level 21 and you have 3000+ mana. Silence % may be a bit high, but this is all theoretical. I really hope STS looks at these suggestions...

@McBain, i do agree you have to look down the line, but i'm sure they will add more skills and stuff to make more variety in builds. If even 1/2 of the passives were interesting like the above ones and then the others could be some of the flat boosts to stats that they showed us now.

Thanks for the recognition. Coming from WoW, I'm used to seeing skill descriptions and passives being literally PARAGRAPHS long. Players like when things are a little complex, but not too complex, and they like it when skills do something that you cannot get from equipment. Players like procs and percentage-scaling. Players do not like simple, small improvements that have no proc, like a passive that gives 1% more armor >.<

I think the current passives seem lazy and uncreative, which is what life is like. Players want fun, interesting and interactive, something that is not common in life.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheLowerLight For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Thanks for the recognition. Coming from WoW, I'm used to seeing skill descriptions and passives being literally PARAGRAPHS long. Players like when things are a little complex, but not too complex, and they like it when skills do something that you cannot get from equipment. Players like procs and percentage-scaling. Players do not like simple, small improvements that have no proc, like a passive that gives 1% more armor >.<

I think the current passives seem lazy and uncreative, which is what life is like. Players want fun, interesting and interactive, something that is not common in life.
    First, I respect your opinion. However, you shouldn't speak as if you are everyone's voice. I for one do not consider more complexity appealing in a mobile game. If I wanted complex, I would sit down at my PC or notebook and start playing WoW.

Edit: I do agree that the passives could be a more impactful though. 1% seem very low.
    Last edited by Rare; 12-18-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    First, I respect your opinion. However, you shouldn't speak as if you are everyone's voice. I for one do not consider more complexity appealing in a mobile game. If I wanted complex, I would sit down at my PC or notebook and start playing WoW.

Edit: I do agree that the passives could be a more impactful though. 1% seem very low.
    first, if we count all comments in this thread we will see that TLL actually represents the bigger part of voices

second, he should speak the way he wants as soon as he does not offends anyone (and he doesn't)

third, there is difference between 'complex' and 'uncreative' - and this difference matters

personally i'm dissapointed in passives and hope STS will change them at least someday..
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #50
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

As with most things, we'll get them in fairly conservatively and see how they affect gameplay. The sky... contrary to some people's beliefs... is not falling.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flashbackflip View Post
    first, if we count all comments in this thread we will see that TLL actually represents the bigger part of voices

second, he should speak the way he wants as soon as he does not offends anyone (and he doesn't)

third, there is difference between 'complex' and 'uncreative' - and this difference matters

personally i'm dissapointed in passives and hope STS will change them at least someday..
    Yes yes... you are right. Of the 25 or so people that posted in this thread, the majority agree. And that is a good representation of "players" as a whole. My mistake my mistake.

Nobody said anything about offending anyone. All I said was that blanket statements shouldn't be made. If you need some help understanding what I meant, by all means, pm me and I'll help. Has nothing to do with offending people.

While I'm sure you're correct about definitions of "complex" vs "uncreative", I was responding to this quote "Players like when things are a little complex, but not too complex,". Or are you saying he mispoke?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Players like procs and percentage-scaling. Players do not like simple, small improvements that have no proc, like a passive that gives 1% more armor >.<\
    Speak for yourself man.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    As with most things, we'll get them in fairly conservatively and see how they affect gameplay. The sky... contrary to some people's beliefs... is not falling.
    Thanks for posting Justg. While i understand the sky isn't falling, i wish there could be some passives to help with the mana issues of Mage/rogue. It will only get worse as the mana regen from both pets and out of combat regen is a flat variable (not %) and spell costs and mana pools increase with levels. This is where i would have like to have seen some creativity (not complexity) in the passives. Mana% on crit for rogues, etc.

And i agree with Flashbackflip, that i hope these do get changed someday Thank you for always listening STS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I dont have a big problem with the current passive abilites, but just wish there were some class spefic one to to help with the issues that some clases have.
    Pl Cheoragire warrior 50+
    Sl Anadrarin operative 30 former gm
    Dl Asahetek 31
    Al Asahatek rogue 31 officer vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

for warrior:

for rogue:

for sorcerer:

I like these. Not overly complex, but still a bit different. Unfortunately I think the ship has sailed. We may get more in the future, but not till we get a lot more skill points. I say 4-6 months before we see any more skills.
    AL - Atomictreeguy - lvl 20 Sorcerer
    PL - Atomictree - lvl 46 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Cmon, don't complain! StS has worked their butts off to bring us the winterfests, massive PL updates, and the Dead City expansion. Passives will be fine. Thank StS for their amazing work!!

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Have sentiments changed since the new release?