Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Elixirs and the End Game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I was actually gonna start a thread to rant about elixirs too, but this one is good enough!
    One solution to this would be for the XP elixirs to be for plat but the ones that give a combat advantage be for gold (dmg, armor, etc.) That way, STS still gets money but we will be able to afford combat elixirs that "give an edge" in dungeons. Maybe have elixirs for gold that last only half the time that elixirs for plat last. (1 hour for plat or 30 mins. for gold). Gold should be used for elixirs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I'm not sure adding more elixirs into the game, gold or otherwise, is a viable solution since elixirs are the problem. Might work as a bit of a gold sink, but the real point as I see it is to try and lessen the effect of these massive 3x and 4x combo elixirs on the game in a long term way without taking money out of STS' pockets.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Only PVP makes players Pro, force to learn true skills (most of the cases) even "non elix pve" fails to do so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    BTW energezic, with 306 armor you were at 75% so you actually had the equivalent of a thrashers + 3X blessing armor buff.
    Sorry, you lost me there. Can you explain? I haven't been reading PL forums much during the last a couple of weeks (been playing AL) so perhaps I missed something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

You r preaching to the choir<soem expression but it sounds right>
    I cant thank you cuz its not working, but u r getting my mental thank
    Leiekueboz~~Level INFINITY Mage
    MEOW
    Theomigudness<Smile>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Devs are gonna delete this thread just like what they did to my thread.

TBH, the devs won't care about this now, because they are now making use of the games to monopolize us into buying just for the sake of leveling or farming.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab View Post
    This response is rude, idiotic and simply unneeded. But hey its your opinion I cant hate you for that. Or can I?
    Im guessing you spent more then 1,000 dollars. Dont be offended, didnt mean to offend. I just think it is absolutely crazy to spend that kind of money on a video game. However, looking back, Ive spent over 300-400 dollars. Didnt realize it until I added up the numbers. I decided on not spending anymore money a long time ago however, because itll take two weeks at my summer job to make up for it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Level capping doesn't make the person as respectable as it seems. It's not a status symbol of "I went above and beyond just fighting. I went up against the toughest and won. I earned this through difficult challenges the whole way."

You know what it says to me? Either:
    "I spent more money than the cost of the latest game system + 5 of the top games for that system, to get one extra level and be granted a vanity item that only does something beneficial if I do this at least two more times, and the opportunity to run a special dungeon for who knows how long, to get a weapon that might be just slightly better than the weapon I used while farming for it."
    or:
    "I spent countless hours grinding over and over again on the same map, pressing the same buttons, not requiring much thought or change of strategy, to achieve this one extra level. Could I have spent that time enjoying a video game? Yes, but I already put in this much time. I can't turn back now, so I'll enjoy this elite vanity and try to get the elite weapon so that I might convince myself that I have something to show for my time."

Those of you who are 76, ask yourselves. Are you playing PL or is PL playing you? What will you do when the level cap rises to 81? To 86? Are you going to keep up the same grind, spending hours playing(not really playing, since playing means having fun) the same dungeons to try and get that rediculous amount of experience, so you can stand there, after a week(or, in most cases, much much longer) of giving your life to PL, showing off that vanity they gave you for your achievement?

At my old job, if you worked there for 2 years, you would recieve a fake gold pin and a certificate that shows their "appreciation" of the time you put into working there. After 2 years of working a minimum wage job, that pin and paper is an insult to the employee who receives it, as they're essentially reminded of how much time they spent not doing something else.

I don't know about any of you, but I'm putting my foot down. The elite cap is not worth it to me.
    Last edited by CriticalCyr; 12-17-2012 at 12:33 AM.
    AL name: CriticalCyr and CrucialCyr
    Guess: 221

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I agree with most of the OP.

I remember farming 2 of my mains to 56 without any Elix back in the sewer days. Every single oldie that I know speaks about missing those days. Back then, strategy and the need for a good team of all classes made those levels a joy to play. Now, it's as the OP says. Current campaigns are lacking boss strategies and are way too hard or take too long for a team without Elix.

I was also xp farming like crazy on my fox, but decided to stop at 75. It feels like playing one of those old arcade games where you have to pay a quarter every five minutes. I even ended up on the leaderboards, I know I won't be there for long but can't say I feel proud of it either way. I didn't even know I was on there until someone told me. That made me think that someone could easily get on the lb as long as they spend plat to get there. No way a non-plat spender could keep up.

Personally, I think it's about feeling like you accomplished something where everyone has an equal chance, and not by paying for it. It's the contrast between unpotted sewer days and the current xp craze for every little vanity you'll never wear.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big plat spender myself. Mainly because I'm a very busy person in real life. I think that it's simply the lack of sense of accomplishment that made many of the oldies leave. If I would farm my fox to 76 and get that helm, I realized that I, and I can only speak for myself, wouldn't feel like I accomplished anything.

On a positive note, we did get new classes that are very fun to play and techno seems to be very open to feedback and not afraid of changes. That's mainly why I wanted to give my feedback about it too.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

That's the thing about what PL has become. Spending a fortune on plat is fine, as long as you're using it to play the game and enjoy yourself.

Those who are trying to hit 76 on the new classes for the vanity helm are desperately trying to cap, spending plat so they stand a chance of struggling to 76 before the deadline. Is that fun gameplay? No, that's extortion. PL is taking peoples' love for the game, and sucking them dry, because they know that even if they lose the players who are fed up with this greed, there will be players who can't bring themselves to cut their losses and stop spending money on plat that isn't going to enhance the fun of their game at all. It might enhance gameplay dramatically, but it isn't fun anymore.
    AL name: CriticalCyr and CrucialCyr
    Guess: 221

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default This has to stop

I joined PL in 56 cap. I made a bird name Koolwill. I was super noob. I remeber getting stuck in 25-30 range cus i didnt knew there were more lvls. But then i met a pro 56 and by pro i mean pro. He had enchanted on his mage lvl 56 and raid on his bird also 56 he helped lvl up to 50 non elixer he himself didnt use one either. By the time i got to 50 i had been kicked out so many pugs for not being able to kill overlord in my bird. For getting agro and what not. When i got to sewers i learned my class and what not. I tried going for cap and made it halfway when SL came out so u stopped. My point is that before in sewers and ao3 era was so much fun and no use for elixers. I wish PL would go back to this. I know its never going to happen but its something i always want.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vanstone View Post
    I do if your going to complain and ask STS to change the game. It's not the fact he spent the money, it's the fact that he expects STS to change when obviously there current model is making them A LOT of money.
    It's nice for u to read what I have actually said. No one has infinite funds for a mobile game. How long is this going to go on, until every plat buyer realizes "heck I've bought platinum with over 1000 dollars, this ain't right"? What then as maps are designed to be cleared with elixirs and there are no more plat spenders?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    If you got skill, you can survive with no elixirs. Yesterday I joined a group to do the elite red dragon. We killed him all 15 times. The group was 3 mages, 1 bird and myself, a bear. I was the tank. The other 4 players had elixirs, but I did not, only a 1.25x damage elixir from my daily blessing. I was the tank, which is arguably the hardest part. Well, I died only twice in 15 times, and kept the dragon in front of me and did my job. Yes, I got top gear and have 315 armor and that helps. But no, it is not necessary to have elixirs, it just helps things go quicker.
    The other side of the problem is that daily blessing's aren't considered as elixirs by the majority. This again, raises the bar in regular PvE. And yep, u kinda contradicted ur statement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I Never elixired but mainly cuz I had nothing to do for long periods of time everyday from sewers to Fang... But I also didn't cap last time & prob won't this time... To much RL stuff & work :-/

I did notice as you said when Nuri came that every1 even max levels with elite bonus still elixir non stop to farm

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

All I can see is "This has to stop"
    I've said it before I'll say it again.

YOU VOTE EVERYTIME YOU PURCHASE PLAT.
    We created this problem, we can't blame STS - it's Capitalism at it's finest.
    Think of All the players that have left, not just the random pubs or forest haven noobs. But the biggest advocates, guardians, and old intelligent veterans. Take a que.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

16. The Following User Says Thank You to AbsolutePally For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Wow nunja , i really agree with all u said hope they change it
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Part of the reason why I rarely ever play anymore: the game simply isnʻt as fun anymore.

I mainly just go on to say hi to old friends, and its also why my main is still only 65.

-------AEO-------

19. The Following User Says Thank You to NECROREAPER For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePally View Post
    All I can see is "This has to stop"
    I've said it before I'll say it again.

YOU VOTE EVERYTIME YOU PURCHASE PLAT.
    We created this problem, we can't blame STS - it's Capitalism at it's finest.
    Think of All the players that have left, not just the random pubs or forest haven noobs. But the biggest advocates, guardians, and old intelligent veterans. Take a que.
    It's true that we customers are the ones who buy plat. It's true that no one forces us to use elixirs.

But STS has caused this to happen by making regular enemies one-hitting players (Nuri's Gravestone).

I am in favor of capitalism. But being too greedy never leads to good. Sure, it will make some good money for a while, but finance crisis was the perfect example how pure capitalism ultimately fails.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jcyee View Post
    Amen. Removing the elite cap would actually be a good idea to balance the game. Great ideas there
    +1!

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Bro,

I agree with 100% everything you have said. It is the TRUTH and many don't want to hear it. I just hope "other's" actually read your words.

BTW, do you mind if I tag your thread in a future thread of mine?
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr